PDA

View Full Version : Asking questions

Marinewannabe15
06-05-07, 01:20 PM
Ive been wondering this for awhile, when your in training and you need to ask a DI something do you just blurt out, "This recruit needs to make a head call!" or raise your hand first, or how does it work?

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-05-07, 02:24 PM
Good Question! This is something I'm shocked that we haven't covered, but I don't remember ever seeing it here.

You will approach the DI and ask, in a loud and intense fashion:

Recruit {Last Name} requests permission to speak to Drill Instructor {Rank and Last Name} Sir!

They will usually tell you to speak, so then you would say:

Recruit {Last Name} requests permission to make a head call Sir!

It is something they'll teach you in receiving and that many people will manage to screw up.

zx6rdr
06-05-07, 02:43 PM
Good Question! This is something I'm shocked that we haven't covered, but I don't remember ever seeing it here.

You will approach the DI and ask, in a loud and intense fashion:

They will usually tell you to speak, so then you would say:

It is something they'll teach you in receiving and that many people will manage to screw up.

E4B is all wrong...;)

Just yell out....

"Hey a$$hole I need to take a pi$$" :p

Hey it worked for me!!! :evilgrin:

SGTBrentG
06-05-07, 02:50 PM
We had a guy that requested permission to take a pi$$. We mountained climbed for what seemed like hours! He never did that again!

outlaw3179
06-05-07, 02:54 PM
No No no...both 4Bravo and ZX are wrong...You just diddy bop up to him say " Yo whatsup Dog, I gotta take a pi$$!"

SgtHMH
06-05-07, 02:57 PM
Say this poolee when you get there.

" Sir Recruit Name Request Permission To Speak To (Senior) Drill Instructor Name Sir"

He will then say speak or get away or whatever. If he says speak " Sir The Recruit Request Permission To Make A Head Call Sir " or whatever question you may have in it's place but always start with "Sir and ending in Sir"

Semper Fi

rvillac2
06-05-07, 03:37 PM
lol..I love NCO's.

LOG4
06-05-07, 04:09 PM
No, no, no... You have it all wrong. F*ck asking permission! Just run to the head as fast as possible and do your thang. Or... you can do like "Recruit Uy" and f*cking **** in the shower while we were doing it by the numbers. The DI on duty saw it and rushed his ass...LOL

chili77bowl
06-05-07, 08:36 PM
just hold it for 3 months...

SgtHMH
06-05-07, 09:59 PM
" Hey Sarge do you think I could use the latrin "

Semper Fi OOOORRRAAHHH

MKinney
06-05-07, 10:11 PM
haha yeah just run in there :)

But in all seriousness, they usually have you say it a certain way depending on their "likes"..

We had to say...
"Sir Good morning/afternoon/evening Sir, Recuit ---- requests permission to speak to Senior/Drill instructor Rank Name, Sir!"

Them - "What do you want turd?"
"Sir, this recruit requests permission to make a head call SIR!"

They either let you go or tell you to get outta there face after that. OH and don't use "Emergency headcall"...

SgtHMH
06-05-07, 10:25 PM
Just wait till you get to MCRD and they will tell you everything you need to know and how to say things. Every DI is Differant but the "Sir Yes Sir" is all the same

If you say you it is a female sheep.
Latrin is Army.
Sarge is Army.
Drill Sergeant is Army.

So you better wait and get there and listen to what they say. You will be one sweaty recruit.

When you do use the Head during the day you only have 10 seconds to use it. So most of your time is at night when you shower and shave.

Semper Fi

Good luck

chili77bowl
06-05-07, 10:49 PM
Sarge is Army.

I don't remember that when i was in...1995-2000...if you called anyone sarge, you got corrected (yelled at) or taught (push-ups).

And I was even in the Army National Guard and we didn't say that...

Marinewannabe15
06-05-07, 11:12 PM
thanks everyone! so if you have 10 seconds to use the head, how do you take a Sh#it?

davblay
06-05-07, 11:21 PM
I don't remember that when i was in...1995-2000...if you called anyone sarge, you got corrected (yelled at) or taught (push-ups).

And I was even in the Army National Guard and we didn't say that...

Where have you been? That term has been around since Chesty was a PFC!

davblay
06-05-07, 11:22 PM
thanks everyone! so if you have 10 seconds to use the head, how do you take a Sh#it?

Either v---e----r----y quickly, or on Sunday! ;)

MKinney
06-05-07, 11:40 PM
At night while the Drill Instructors are "Sleeping"

SgtHMH
06-06-07, 12:10 AM
When I went to Boot Camp and had a Head Call during the day, The DI on duty would yell out 10 seconds and the Platoon would count down from ten, while whereever you were in the squadbay " 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Freeze Private Freeze and you had to stand at attention what and how you were. You had to be in the classroom area in front of the duty hut seated and then you were okay. But if you were any were else in the area outside the classroom you would pay, meaning being bent. So head calls during the day were short.

Semper Fi