PDA

View Full Version : Eight days...gotta keep telling myself that, especially when...

Achped
06-02-07, 09:48 PM
running into a**holes with signs that say "Troops are Murders"

No, you read it right, and its not a typo. Downtown I saw an ENORMOUS group of about...3 anti-war/Bush/America protesters.

One of them had a sign that said "Troops are Murders", to be fair, the "er" in murdERers was scribbled in, very small as to correct their error. Attention to detail just doesn't apply to these folks does it? I laughed and said "Troops are Murders?" and the guys like "THATS RIGHT DUDE! THEY SOOO TOTALLY ARE!"

Anyways, my poolee friend was with me, and we were with some ladies and they were like ugh, so we start walking away and he picks up a rock and goes to throw it, I grabbed his arm and im like "WTF ARE YOU THINKING? You have eight days...and theres 2 cops right next to them, chill out"

What would the consequences be if we just hauled off and beat the **** out of them? I'm not planning on doing it, but maybe for future reference...:thumbdown

This is the first time I've actually seen someone insult the troops directly, the theme for this war seems to be "I hate the war, but support the troops" I know you Vietnam era guys dealt with that daily, but its somewhat new to me and really...really...****ed me off.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-02-07, 09:51 PM
The consequences are assault charges. Of course, the police may decide that they couldn't catch him and he got away- depends on the police officer I suppose. <br />
<br />
I've seen that, and worse, from time...

davblay
06-02-07, 10:32 PM
sigh------------my young friend, as a Nam Vet let me say this-------yeah I heard it all, been there done that! Because of your situation, I would have done the same thing, but pride is something hard to swallow, especially to some half wit that doesn't have a clue! It is against the law to assault a person, but what would be considered ASSAULT? I know they are less likely to ASSAULT an active Marine, they didn't when it was a little closer to an even -----shall we say----debate! I found out I could bleed at will---when defending myself! But we had to contend with the police as well, they didn't like us either! When you guys are home on leave together, go there again, two Marines shoould calm it down a bit. I don't know why but we have a way of seperating the men from the boys!

Ta answer your question-yeah you were right. Just try to remember this and if you ever see that fool alone-----------well--nuff said!

Marine84
06-02-07, 11:25 PM
Always make sure THEY throw the first punch then you can claim self defense. You can't fix stupid babe and you will see a lot of it now that you have chosen the path that you have. Sometimes you won't be able to stop from tappin' some dumba$$ upside the head but, for the biggest part they aren't worth the time it takes to argue with them. Let them protest, that's a right that YOU are getting ready to put YOUR life on the line to defend FOR them. Just hold your head high and know you're doing something!

HurricaneRJ
06-02-07, 11:34 PM
running into a**holes with signs that say "Troops are Murders"

No, you read it right, and its not a typo. Downtown I saw an ENORMOUS group of about...3 anti-war/Bush/America protesters.

One of them had a sign that said "Troops are Murders", to be fair, the "er" in murdERers was scribbled in, very small as to correct their error. Attention to detail just doesn't apply to these folks does it? I laughed and said "Troops are Murders?" and the guys like "THATS RIGHT DUDE! THEY SOOO TOTALLY ARE!"

Anyways, my poolee friend was with me, and we were with some ladies and they were like ugh, so we start walking away and he picks up a rock and goes to throw it, I grabbed his arm and im like "WTF ARE YOU THINKING? You have eight days...and theres 2 cops right next to them, chill out"

What would the consequences be if we just hauled off and beat the **** out of them? I'm not planning on doing it, but maybe for future reference...:thumbdown

This is the first time I've actually seen someone insult the troops directly, the theme for this war seems to be "I hate the war, but support the troops" I know you Vietnam era guys dealt with that daily, but its somewhat new to me and really...really...****ed me off.

We have all these types of protest all the time in Columbus, mostly all of them are "Vets for Peace." and when the flag burning goes on, its gets really hard just to let is happen in the first place.

Don't worry about it, focus on Boot Camp, focus on becoming a Marine, focus on carryong on your life. Don't let this stupid **** bother you. Your a squared away guy, concentrate on your dreams and come on back ASAP and lets see you in those sexy @$$ blues.:marine:

Master Sephiroth
06-02-07, 11:46 PM
You can accidentally raise your fist and accidentally launch a jab to each of their faces.

Achped
06-02-07, 11:59 PM
http://stpeteforpeace.org/

HurricaneRJ
06-03-07, 12:02 AM
http://www.Marines.com

Look over that site for awhile and get your mind off things.

bgsuwoody
06-03-07, 03:17 AM
If only I could deal with the American public for 8 more days...