PDA

View Full Version : Contract Question

ShakeNBake
06-01-07, 08:20 PM
Hey I had a question for any marine that knows anything about a contract. I enlisted yesterday and I am really pumped about it, but I was looking over my contract when I got home and saw that It didnt have anything about my ship date, mos 1345, or unit location. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is at all possible to go back to MEPs and put that information in the contract, or is it pretty much set in stone. Alright any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Marine84
06-01-07, 08:29 PM
Does it say "open" ANYWHERE?

LOG4
06-01-07, 08:34 PM
Well, if I recall correctly, ship date should be on there, but if your recruiter said you were going to be a 1345 or said where you were going to be stationed, then you have been hoodwinked.

LOG4
06-01-07, 08:37 PM
What I'm saying is if the 13XX field is what you have then, your contract SHOULD say "13 Engineer, Construction, Facilities and Equipment" Within this, there are multiple specific MOS's. YOU don't get that option, unless you are going reserve, then yes, you do have a specific MOS number.

Wait, I take this all back because it depends if you are going Reserve. Are you DMV (Reserve) or DMR (Active Duty)???

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-01-07, 10:36 PM
Unless you're a reservist, there isn't going to be a duty station listed. I didn't have an MOS or ship date then I first went, that all got added later with no problem.

ShakeNBake
06-02-07, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. Its for the Reserves, and it doesnt state anywere in the contract open, and no MOS is listed. On another document I signed had listed in it 1345 and the location of the Unit, and ship date, but was stating the rules and the conditions that i was enlisting for but was not the actual contract. I really dont know anything about contracts, but I think I might talk to my recuiter about adding my MOS in the contract if your aloud to do that.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-02-07, 09:39 PM
Don't worry about it. As a reservist you ship to fill a specific billet at the unit. It will all be worked out. They have no need for anything that doesn't fit at the unit. It will all get worked out without a problem.

ShakeNBake
06-02-07, 10:07 PM
All right man thanks alot def. feel alot better

MSgtBowling
06-03-07, 10:55 PM
Your good Shake and Bake. In the arty, we call shake and bake dropping High explosive to shake em up, and WP to bake em.

rvillac2
06-04-07, 12:10 AM
Ooohrah, ARTY! Nothing like dropping HE with a VT fuse. Steel Rain, baby.