PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Plans?

bgsuwoody
05-25-07, 03:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone is doing anything special for Memorial Day. I am just planning on going to the local parade and ceremony at the cemetary we have here. If I had some extra money, I would love to get out to DC like I did last year, but it isn't going to happen.

HurricaneRJ
05-25-07, 04:05 PM
Going to Ft. Benning to see some real fireworks and infantry demonstrations and what else they have there.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-25-07, 04:25 PM
I'll be putting flowers on graves of veterans at the local cemetery and then having a BBQ with some friends and family. In fact, I'll be doing that a couple of times this weekend. The smoker is already started.

USMCJohnson
05-25-07, 04:57 PM
I will be sleep most of the day. I don't even plan on getting up for BBQ. That night though, I setting off fireworks.:)

bigfoot1188
05-25-07, 06:26 PM
well I graduate that day soo it should be a good day haha

Motorola07
05-25-07, 08:08 PM
Be with my g/f that night.. Her parents, brother and sister are going to the lake house. She is staying home because im leaving in less that 10 days to boot camp...

bgsuwoody
05-25-07, 08:12 PM
Be with my g/f that night.. Her parents, brother and sister are going to the lake house. She is staying home because im leaving in less that 10 days to boot camp...

Lucky You! ;)

I have updated my plans and will be doing a little bit of grilling at my house after the parade/ceremony with a former Marine (getting a little :beer: )

Master Sephiroth
05-25-07, 08:22 PM
I'll be standing for a three minute silence. Posting some Tribute videos. And of course I'll toast to the fallen troops at lunch.

If I had the money, I'd go to DC and visit wach war memorial, leaving a candle and a stone (Jewish tradition to leave a stone on a memorial or grave)

indysoccer16
05-25-07, 11:28 PM
Monday I go to the hotel so I can wake up on Tuesday and get shipped off to earn that EGA and the proud title of Marine. Now that sounds like one hell of a memorial day to me.

USMCJohnson
05-25-07, 11:40 PM
Monday I go to the hotel so I can wake up on Tuesday and get shipped off to earn that EGA and the proud title of Marine. Now that sounds like one hell of a memorial day to me.

Had I kept my ship date I would've be shipping with you.

zackmerc
05-26-07, 08:43 PM
Gonna be workin' out hard. It's a full day away from school. Better use my time wisely.