PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions!!

MCWRESTLER2006
05-25-07, 01:38 PM
I heard you have a blood test at recieving or anytime during boot camp? is that true....when do you get your dog tags and military id card?

Thank you for taking time and answering my questions!!!:usmc:

SGTBrentG
05-25-07, 01:55 PM
Wow...you asked this question on two different threads. What is it about a blood test that concerns you?

Marine84
05-25-07, 02:09 PM
Must be something or he wouldn't be asking so much..........................

MCWRESTLER2006
05-25-07, 02:33 PM
no im just asking because no will answer i also herd that you have another hearing test but that one got answered........just wondering.....everything's fine i just want to be a united states marine so bad that ive been worrying about everything.....literally

rvillac2
05-25-07, 02:36 PM
When you reach MCRD, pick a rock up off the ground and put it in your pocket. That will be your first ID card.

SGTBrentG
05-25-07, 02:37 PM
Unless you have introduced things to your body that you aren't supposed to, you don't have anything to worry about. I honestly don't remember if I had an actual blood test or not. It was a long time ago. I do remember being stuck with multiple needles, multiple times though. If you haven't done anything your aren't supposed to don't sweat it. It's not worth stressing over. You will be provided all the reasons to stress that you need without making them up on your own.

SGTBrentG
05-25-07, 02:39 PM
Rock=1st ID card.....:D

MCWRESTLER2006
05-25-07, 02:50 PM
Thank you! Ive just wanted to be a Marine my whole life ever since i was a kid and i leave in 9 days and its so close....its always been my dream and ive just been worrying about everything i can't stand it but once i get there i will be fine....but thank you, you've been a great help....i just don't want to be sent home, kick out, or disqualified you might say for something and not be able to become one of the few and the proud......

SGTBrentG
05-25-07, 02:55 PM
Then kick some tail when you get to MCRD and make sure to let us know when you get back that you are one of us! Good luck! :beer:

MCWRESTLER2006
05-25-07, 02:59 PM
Yes sir!!!!

Marine84
05-25-07, 03:03 PM
When you reach MCRD, pick a rock up off the ground and put it in your pocket. That will be your first ID card.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Either that or it will be a reminder of which is his LEFT side.

MCWRESTLER2006
05-27-07, 02:16 PM
do what

Zulu 36
05-27-07, 02:38 PM
I remember getting a blood test on the first full day in Receiving. Most shots came via guns, only a few involved needles.

Including the big square one in the left testicle.

Marine84
05-27-07, 02:51 PM
Including the big square one in the left testicle.

:scared: OUCH! A$$hole had a hangover and missed did he? ;)

Zulu 36
05-27-07, 04:08 PM
:scared: OUCH! A$$hole had a hangover and missed did he? ;)

Yeah, it was supposed to be in the RIGHT testicle. :p

Marine84
05-27-07, 06:30 PM
Good thing you weren't supposed to have one cut off!

huey guns
05-27-07, 08:25 PM
Most of the blood stuff is just to get your type. All the shots are with guns even back in my day. The only needles are the silver bullets, if you catch some bad stuff overseas.

Zulu 36
05-27-07, 08:30 PM
I think they have to pee in a cup now too. Making sure they didn't have a little going away party ganga.

MKinney
05-28-07, 01:45 AM
I don't remember any blood tests. There's a **** test and lots of shots (Hope you don't get the one in the ass, I hear it's a killer). As for Id tags and card, the day before you leave the island is when we received ours. I need a new picture anyway, the cue ball look doesn't suit me too well :P

MKinney
05-28-07, 01:46 AM
Oh and as for a gun when they give you shots, nope it's all needles now. You wipe your arms down with alcohol and they come by and give you one in each arm, or more depending on what they "Say" you need.

SGTBrentG
06-05-07, 07:47 AM
We had an equal mix of needles and guns. I know the one in the a$$, I think it was bicillin or something like that, was with a needle and that b***h hurt! We went back to the squadbay and played sit down, get up for about 30 minutes!

chili77bowl
06-05-07, 10:46 PM
I had a phobia of syringes...so the corpsman and my DI's would sit on me and hold me down while one person would just hit me with everything...kinda like a second dose of PT that day.