PDA

View Full Version : A little pride was taken away from me....

kbs95125
05-21-07, 10:52 AM
So I work a security job every now and again at an all ages venue in the area. Usually its nothing to exciting. Checking wristbands, making sure nobody is figting inside...

However Friday night I had some stupid kid drinking out front. I asked him to take his drink and go across the street or around the corner. He gave me a bunch of attitude, started spouting off about "F the Marines." this and that. I kept my cool for the most part, however him and a friend did try and rush my door later that night. That was quickly subdued. I wouldn't really call it a fight, more or less a scuffle that ended with myself and another security guard working holding them with some minor pain compliance, not asking but telling them to leave or we would get the police involved. They left and everyone was fine. I figured what was done was done.

I was working again last night, when him and a large group of his friends came up to me at the door and said they were there for some revenge. I told the head guy of our whole security team what was going on and he called a previous employee of ours who was underage to come work the door with me, since he knows I can't be fighting, especially not with a minor. So the ex-employee took it upon himself to call up a few friends of his and go take care of it. And they did. This started a huge **** storm out front, to which the kid who got beat up started pointing me out with all his little drunk friends saying I just had him jumped. Then he called a few guys of age to come fight me. Well they got to the venue and started calling me outside. So I went. They started screaming about this and that. We told them to leave or we'd have to get the police involved. Then one of the older "kids" (he was definitely over 18) started screaming "F'ing Marine can't handle his ****". NO I did not go around telling people I was a Marine, as I haven't earned that title yet, I just was wearing a Marines hoodie.

Now I used to be the kind of person who never liked to talk things out. If you wanted a fight, I was gonna fight. But I also use my head and know when its smart to walk away. And I am to determined to accomplish my goals to let some stupid drunk idiot running his mouth ruin them. So last night I walked away. I told the guy that I didn't need the bs and that I had better things to do then fight over something so stupid. I know it was for the best, but I really took a hit to my pride last night, and I also felt kind of lame for not standing up to someone talking a bunch of bs about Marines. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but I would have WIPED THE FLOOR with that ass. I just wanted to say something like "Marines do handle their **** and everyone elses, and they do it well." and punch him in the throat or something. I was extremely ****ed off. I wanted to do more then just say something. And not being able to, just took a little gut shot at me.

I guess this was mostly just to vent my frustrations, but I'd also like to hear from anybody if they've ever felt like because of what they are choosing to do, are doing, or have done with their life, if they've ever been in a situation like mine. And how they dealt with the personal part of it.

I'm just more motivated to accomplish what I've set out to do then to screw it all up over someone whose a moron.

HurricaneRJ
05-21-07, 11:02 AM
Look at it this way.

If would have fought this guy, you would be in trouble.

You won, no matter what.
Just think on what he will be doing 5 years from now and what you will be doing in the Marines.

I congradulate you on using your head. Also, don't take anybody who says Fcuk the Marines seriously. I got hot headed one day in the same situation, then an old salt from vietnam squared me away and told me to let it be.
People will say what they want, as a U.S. Marine you will be giving them that right.

Integrity57
05-21-07, 11:08 AM
Look at it this way.

If would have fought this guy, you would be in trouble.

You won, no matter what.
Just think on what he will be doing 5 years from now and what you will be doing in the Marines.

I congradulate you on using your head. Also, don't take anybody who says Fcuk the Marines seriously. I got hot headed one day in the same situation, then an old salt from vietnam squared me away and told me to let it be.
People will say what they want, as a U.S. Marine you will be giving them that right.

I second that. Don't let some drunk loser get you hot under the collar and make you mess up your future like the way he's trying to mess up his. When he's laid up in a hospital bed because he got drunk and ran off at the mouth then got his **** handed to him, he will realize how much better of a person you were for not kicking his teeth in. I know how you feel though, I really don't mind whoopin' on someone who has ****ed me off, but you just got to realize that you can't do that any more because society views you as an adult and will prosecute you like one if you screw up. And the end result of that just isn't worth it.

davblay
05-21-07, 11:24 AM
You were correct in your thinking. It is always better to walk away than it is to regret your actions later! Just remember that when you become a Marine, you will have your chance to prove yourself, time and again. Marines don't walk away from a fight, we run toward one, but all in due time my friend, all in due time! You did well, Poolee! :thumbup:

thezero
05-21-07, 11:46 AM
Congradulations man, you did what you had to. let the ignorant drunks say what they want cause when their up on side of the road in a tree or a telephone because they decided to drink and drive or do some other retarded sh*t then all you have to do is look and laugh because when your day comes you will hopefully earn the Title of Marine then see if they run their mouths.

ElDiablo
05-21-07, 11:46 AM
Dude, if anything, I'd say a little pride was gained. You were man enough to not waste your time with them. Think of it, would you rather be in jail for seriously hurting or killing someone or be in the Marines?

Marine84
05-21-07, 11:50 AM
Good boy - you did the right thing.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-21-07, 11:59 AM
It may be best to look for a different job until you ship. I doubt this problem is just going to go away.

killerinstinct
05-21-07, 12:04 PM
nothing ****es a person off more then a nice smile and a wave...

but since you were working did the right thing man he was just getting under your skin just keep calling the cops on him bruises will go away but records stay for life...

u ll learn that as a Marine written documentation specially for the troubled ones...

ElDiablo
05-21-07, 12:08 PM
I agree. If you really don't feel like going to jail, I'd find another job.

kbs95125
05-21-07, 12:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for the responses so far. Its nice to here from others oustide of my personal lifes opinions.

I actually only do that as a side job now and then. Just a little extra money, but they did tell me that they are pulling me for a few weeks to let things cool down. I am ok with that. We actually ended up hiring someone who knew the hooligans that same night. Not that it matters, but he said he was on my side and that they wouldnt be back after he talked to them.

TheBiggness
05-21-07, 12:33 PM
**** 'em. They are not gonna amount to **** in life, since their idea of fun is to get drunk and and mess with a man who is doing his job. You did the right
thing. Keeping a calm head pays off more then a hot one.

ElDiablo
05-21-07, 12:37 PM
Dude just think, in, what?, a month you'll be on your way to being a Marine. By then one or more of them will either be in jail or dead. So I think you took the better path.

ItzAlex
05-21-07, 04:45 PM
Dont feel down man. Those kids are probably going nowhere with their life, drinking and smoking pot day to day. Dont let piece of **** like them ruin your chance to be one of the best. I doubt they would really want to mess with you after you do have the title. Marines just... carry themselves different than civilians.

Kildars
05-21-07, 05:28 PM
Honestly you probably made the better choice, and the smarter choice. Who knows if one of them was armed. Even if you could have won in hand to hand a gun changes everything.

I was talkin to an attorney friend of mine last month and he knows I want to join the Marine Corps. He was telling me this kid was a couple months from getting shipped and he got into a fight with a couple of kids and ended up getting stabbed. I didn't ask if he died but the prosecutor told me that he wouldn't be in the Marine Corps (maybe it was the army? he just said service) anytime soon. So either he got seriously injured or killed.

Wise choice.

kbs95125
05-23-07, 01:11 PM
Thanks again everyone for the responses. It helped out alot just to be able to vent, but having some support about making a good choice helped alot too. I'm moto as hell today, and its a Poolee PT night. :)