PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriends

dmdenike
05-20-07, 11:40 AM
So, me and my girlfriend broke up today--she cheated on me. Not to dwell on the past or anything. <br />
<br />
Ever since I DEPped in her dad and her got mad at me...her mom loved the idea. Her dad said,...

ItzAlex
05-20-07, 11:46 AM
Yup. I feel you man. I would have been a Marine 2 years ago if it wasnt for a girlfriend. But that dont matter, its all in the past. Now i'm going in and I'm going in hard.

devildoghopeful
05-20-07, 12:26 PM
I guess this is just testament and proof that the Marines on this board know their chit. I see pretty much the same thread on here about once a month and it's either a guy saying, "uh dudes, i think i wanna join the marine corp! my gf doesn't support my decision though...what should I do?" or it's a girl saying, "My boyfriend is joining the Marines and we're going to be together for ever and ever!".

When I see those posts I just keep my trap shut and watch the Marines take out the trash....

Especially ruthless are Echo Four Bravo and Marine84...

Man I love Leatherneck.com!

(oh by the way, before the moderators cut off my head, the mispellings and non-capitalization in the guy's quote are intentional)

Marine84
05-20-07, 12:29 PM
Forget about the stupid b!tch - her AND her Daddy! Don't let something like this make you change your mind - you'll regret it for the rest of your life and you'll always hate her for it anyway (even if you did stay together). Besides, you are going to run across soooooooooooooooooooo much (how can I put this without getting deleted?) of a variety (yeah, that's it) of different women from different places and you'll forget all about her!

Go...................sow your wild oats child!

dmdenike
05-20-07, 02:08 PM
hah yeah thats what everyone was telling me...im going to meet so many new people...im not even worried about her or her dad.

Achped
05-20-07, 02:12 PM
Forget about the stupid b!tch - her AND her Daddy! Don't let something like this make you change your mind - you'll regret it for the rest of your life and you'll always hate her for it anyway (even if you did stay together). Besides, you are going to run across soooooooooooooooooooo much (how can I put this without getting deleted?) of a variety (yeah, that's it) of different women from different places and you'll forget all about her!

Go...................sow your wild oats child!
Are you really a female? :)

BrentAndrew
05-20-07, 02:23 PM
yea, no kidding! She's one of a kind thats for sure!

Motorola07
05-20-07, 02:37 PM
LMAO!!! Lets here it Marine84 LOL

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-20-07, 02:53 PM
OK, nobody else said it so... CAPITALIZE Mairine every single time you write or type it.

Now, it is best that it happened now. It would have happened sooner or later, and now at least you won't be here trying to tell us that you all would make it work. Just make sure you tell her dad all the fun things you did with his daughter and then never look back.

dmdenike
05-20-07, 03:43 PM
shes 15, im 17......im 5'6'' her dads 6'8''....i dont want to jeprodize my chances going into the Marines with some criminal charges for having sex with her....im just going to keep my mouth shut,...

BrentAndrew
05-20-07, 03:47 PM
THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM!!!! You already said too much!

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-20-07, 03:52 PM
I don't know what the laws are where you live. Where I am that wouldn't be a problem. But, if it is where you live use your head and don't make public statements like that.

Marine84
05-20-07, 04:43 PM

Yep and I was born with it. ;) Seriously though - you guys will see. And EVERYWHERE you go they ALLLLLLLL love Marines (long time). Just be careful and don't catch something you can't wash off. ;)

dmdenike
05-20-07, 05:11 PM
Sorry for saying all that. Its been a LONG day, and it wont happen again.

JIsom2006
05-20-07, 06:08 PM
I kind of had the same problem. My girlfriend was afraid I wouldn't come back and love her. Her parents loved me because they knew the Marines would make a man out of me and I would be able to support there daughter. Last weekend I just finally got fed up with her after almost 1 year and broke up with her. She is already in a relationship and as cold as this sounds it only took 2 days to get over her. Now I am not holding nothing back. What I think now is you get to see the whole world. Which means more and more girls.:)

Zulu 36
05-20-07, 06:19 PM
Yep and I was born with it. ;) Seriously though - you guys will see. And EVERYWHERE you go they ALLLLLLLL love Marines (long time). Just be careful and don't catch something you can't wash off. ;)

Amen, Sister!

dmdenike
05-20-07, 06:21 PM
I know thats right. As hard as it is, I just think I need to let go. She wants to make things work but we arent aloud to see eachother or talk to eachother. Im not throwing away everything I have going for me. Im going to be a Marine. Think of all the girls I could possibly get then...jk.

I guess I can't really wait to come back in uniform and show everyone that I could do it. Especially my teachers, friends, and family. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Kildars
05-20-07, 08:22 PM
I would have dropped her ass for complaining too much.

dmdenike
05-20-07, 08:24 PM
im glad i finally did!

Kildars
05-20-07, 08:25 PM
Now what you should do is call her best friend.

TheBiggness
05-22-07, 12:17 PM
Now what you should do is call her best friend.

LMAO! :thumbup:

Marine84
05-22-07, 01:33 PM
Nah..............don't start no drama! Walk away, you're making out the better anyway.

killerinstinct
05-22-07, 04:02 PM
u should just wait a while im sure when her dad sees you in a few yrs and her great daughter has lost her teath addicted to pills and has had a few kids with one on the way youll be glad to be rid of her...

Plus its better not to have a girlfriend anyways. or at least have one just try not to get the emotionally involved its easier to leave them or when you lose track of her at a ball.

but stay away from the bks rats **** em dont love em band most are kinda large anwyas with one hot friend.

either way enjoy life of a single man and dont get some chick knocked up and never trust the im on a pill...

devildoghopeful
05-22-07, 04:07 PM
Its better not to have a girlfriend anyways. or at least have one just try not to get the emotionally involved its easier to leave them or when you lose track of her at a ball.

but stay away from the bks rats **** em dont love em band most are kinda large anwyas with one hot friend.

either way enjoy life of a single man and dont get some chick knocked up and never trust the im on a pill...

Take heed poolees and wannabes, words of infinite wisdom from a Cpl of Marines!

Master Sephiroth
05-22-07, 04:10 PM
I heard some wise words from a Sergeant on Grit's (No not Sgt. Grit himself).
If the Corps thinks you need a girlfriend, they'll issue you one.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-22-07, 04:19 PM
I've heard grit say enough when I visited his shop- the above comment may not have come from him, but I would be willing to bet he agrees.

davblay
05-22-07, 04:55 PM
Your commitment to the Corps is binding for your enlistment! A relationship with a woman is fine, as long as she understands that your first loyalty has to be to the Corps! No ifs, ands or buts! Also beware of the ladies that want to marry you before you deploy! Although slim, the odds are great enough that they will take a chance of getting your SGLI and party! If they love you, they will wait for you to return or finish your hitch in the Corps! Trust me life for a wife of a Marine, E4 and below, is miserable, and that causes stress you don't need! My advise to all new Boots is to stay single, if you are not married when you enlist, stay that way! Again YOU DON'T NEED THE STRESS! As a Marine you can be called out to war in a moments notice or be deployed for 6 months or a year at a time and she has to either stay in base housing or go home to mama and wait for you! That causes more stress for you because old JODY lives there to! You are damned if you do and damned if you don't!

So yeah, I agree, if the Corps wants you to have a wife, they will issue you one!

USMC90
05-22-07, 05:30 PM
Thank god I'm single. Sure, The first breakup sucks but I'm sure in the long run it's always better especially for someone who wants to join the Military.

dmdenike
05-22-07, 05:50 PM
I have to stay single, im not putting up with women anymore. Theres plenty of people out there. Im not getting tied down with that crap.

bgsuwoody
05-22-07, 05:56 PM
I have to stay single, im not putting up with women anymore. Theres plenty of people out there. Im not getting tied down with that crap.

Many a man's last words before "she" comes around ;)

dmdenike
05-22-07, 06:52 PM
I just dont understand...Iv only had 2 girlfriends, 1st one lasted 1yr and 8 months...this past one was almost 6 months..(this thursday) and i still love her...but ive come to realize that all the girls i date dont repect what i want to do in life. so unitl i find "the one" or "her" that respects my goals, i reckon im staying single.

Marine84
05-22-07, 06:53 PM

Best way to get over one is to get under another one. ;)

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-22-07, 06:55 PM
I really have to stop reading your posts when my unissued woman is out of town!

dmdenike
05-22-07, 06:58 PM
Lol. I'm sorry Cpl. Didn't mean to get into a big discussion, it's just tought having someone you love go against your only wish, mine being the Marine Core.

Marine84
05-22-07, 07:08 PM
I really have to stop reading your posts when my unissued woman is out of town!

HAHAHA!

dm - get used to it. Your skin will grow thicker with time. OH! You should make it your goal to NOT settle for anybody until you've had (at least) 50 girlfriends and you're 30 or older. :)

bgsuwoody
05-22-07, 07:17 PM
HAHAHA!

dm - get used to it. Your skin will grow thicker with time. OH! You should make it your goal to NOT settle for anybody until you've had (at least) 50 girlfriends and you're 30 or older. :)

I'm a big fan of this advice...;)

HurricaneRJ
05-22-07, 07:43 PM
Lol. I'm sorry Cpl. Didn't mean to get into a big discussion, it's just tought having someone you love go against your only wish, mine being the Marine Core.

Marine Corps

Zulu 36
05-22-07, 07:47 PM
HAHAHA!

I agree with Marine84. I didn't get married until I was 27 and working as a civilian police officer. Don't think I had 50 girlfriends though. I did tend to stick with them one at a time, but not to marry them.

The marraige lasted almost 27 years before we got fed up with each other. sh*t happens.

Too many young homesick Marines marry the first girl they hop in the sack with. You can't effectively care for a family on E-nothing pay, even with base housing and BAS.

dmdenike
05-22-07, 07:53 PM
double post:edit

dmdenike
05-22-07, 07:53 PM
I just look at who I am now, and realize what I'll be then. The Marines will mold/shape/form me into a man, I'm only 17, I don't need drama yet. Women are so complicated. And thanks for the advice Marine84, it's very very true!!