PDA

View Full Version : finally a poolee!

dmdenike
05-15-07, 04:16 PM
So sunday night i went to the hotel...monday i woke up at 4 went to meps and finished processing...it was so boring...and tiring, and reppetitive. I mean, the food wasnt even good. Im one of the first few kids that got to use the new 410 DEP program....my ship date is 20080616! im excited.:flag:

davblay
05-15-07, 04:39 PM
So sunday night i went to the hotel...monday i woke up at 4 went to meps and finished processing...it was so boring...and tiring, and reppetitive. I mean, the food wasnt even good. Im one of the first few kids that got to use the new 410 DEP program....my ship date is 20080616! im excited.:flag:

Is that LIMA company, 3rd BN? Well any how, welcome the the first step in making it into my Corps! You just made the first step toward the yellow foot prints at PI! Good luck and stay motovated, Poolee! :thumbup:

Marine84
05-15-07, 07:16 PM
it was so boring...and tiring, and reppetitive. I mean, the food wasnt even good.

Get used to it.

jinelson
05-15-07, 08:34 PM
Congratulations on Depping in, many try and few get that distinction of being a Poolee USMC. Now use the next year wisely, PT and read everything on this site. Stay out of trouble and dont do anything foolish you are now under a microscope.

Jim

Achped
05-15-07, 08:35 PM
Good job man, you're in the same shoes I was in. No joke I depped in 20060713 (I still remember the hispanic navy chief telling us how to write the date down)

Now it's 20070515, I leave 20070611, just 25 days.

Stay motivated, there will be times you'll feel like you made the wrong choice, like you'll never be able to survive recruit training, trust me, I had about 10 months to go, and from then till about 3 months left I was MOTIVATED, then I was like holy crap, what did I get myself into? The range of emotions is insane.

But right now, I'm on my final four weeks and I'm ready to go, hopefully I'll stay this way.

Just remember, you need to graduate high school! That's important! And PT ALL THE TIME. Every day you have to test yourself, if not, its a wasted day!

In 10 months in the DEP program I went from 6'3" 147lbs, 7 pullups, 35 crunches, and 15:40 1.5 mile, to 6'4" 180lbs, 16 pullups, 150+ crunches, and a 10:30 1.5 mile.

Just remember, PT PT everyday, build your body the Marine Corps way! Look up some knowledge too, find out what makes the Corps so great, realize what shoes you will be filling. Know who Dan Daly, Smedley Butler, Samuel Nicholson, and Chesty Puller are, know what happened at Belleau Wood, Iwo Jima, and the Chosin Resevoir. Know those general orders your recruiter will give you, and know the Marine's Hymn. That is the most motivating song in the entire world if you ask me. I catch myself turning off the radio alllll the time, and just singing it to myself in my Jeep on the way to somewhere. All 3 verses, know them, they're incredible.

AND DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID I'm not a "bad" kid, I never get in trouble with the law, but boy I did something RETARDED, and almost jepardized my Marine Corps career, remember, you can't get into any fights, you can't...shoot any endangered species, and WHATEVER you do, if you make a sex video MAKE SURE THE GIRL IS EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!!!

zackmerc
05-15-07, 09:02 PM
Hahahaha

I remeber my time at MEPS. Bunch of tired and hungry poolee-to-be and recruit-to-be people laying around. It was actually fun talking to them and listening to them complain about the boredom and the problems in their personal life. The military personnel was nice to me. I (surprisingly) was able to follow directions very well. Others didn't. Many got disqualified for horseplaying or not being able to follow directions. The food is terrible though but what can you expect? My service counselor was especially nice to me and so was the warrant officer Marine who swore me in. My time at MEPS was much different than anyone else's here. Strange, I got through it in 12 hours.

PatriotGirl422
05-16-07, 10:24 AM
AND DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID I'm not a "bad" kid, I never get in trouble with the law, but boy I did something RETARDED, and almost jepardized my Marine Corps career, remember, you can't get into any fights, you can't...shoot any endangered species, and WHATEVER you do, if you make a sex video MAKE SURE THE GIRL IS EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!!!

Haha which endangered species did you shoot?

dmdenike
05-16-07, 01:15 PM
it felt so good to be sworn in...a sense of pride. were all one step close to being Marines