PDA

View Full Version : Did The Marines Give You Direction In Life?

mjcb23
05-14-07, 09:46 AM
I just graduated high school, and i honestly have no idea what i wanted to do with my life and that is the reason i am joining the Marines. I need to be disiplined and i need a challenge. So i was wondering if the Marines gave you a better direction in life and how so?

CantWaitToSign
05-14-07, 11:19 AM
My dad and My brother are Marines. My dad is out and he is now Head of Testing for the Aberdeen Test Center in Maryland. While my brother is saving up his money and is planning on opening a music store when he gets out. From the things I have seen they give you a amazing direction in life. From the point you become a Marine everytime you give in an application the manager will think "well damn he's a Marine he's got to be pretty committed"

ElDiablo
05-14-07, 11:24 AM
It did for my uncle. He was rebellious when he was younger, and the last time he got caught, the judge actually gave him a choice: Marines or Jail. He chose the Corps and only planned on 4 years. He was in about 12. After that he became a cop in California. I'm saying it helped him out a bit. Full 180 degrees. He went from doing everything he could get his hands on, to busting people that do it. That's a pretty major change.