PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Mechanics or Force Recon

MCWRESTLER2006
05-13-07, 06:17 PM
What should I do?:usmc:

HurricaneRJ
05-13-07, 06:23 PM
WTF kinda question is that?

Its all up to you. You do what you feel whats right. Don't listen to anyone else's suggestion, it will be you that will be serving. Do whats more rewarding for you.

Achped
05-13-07, 06:30 PM
I'm beginning to share the frustration the Marine's on this forum have.

You can't enlist as "Force Recon" if you're going active. You enlist as a regular MOS and then take the recon indoc when you can. Or, you can do the UZ option, be guaranteed to take the recon indoc at SOI, but if you fail (which, you probably will) you will be 0300.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-13-07, 06:32 PM
Well, since there is no promise that you would make to recon. And, as I said in another thread, First Force is gone. If the others are still there they won't be for long I'd bet. They are becoming a part of the USSOCOM unit.

If those are your choices, do the aviation thing and then take the recon indoc. If you have what it takes you can do it anyway.

MCWRESTLER2006
05-13-07, 06:34 PM
Thank you!!

JHSWRESTLER2007
05-13-07, 10:35 PM
Do what YOU want to do...it is your enlistment in the Marines no body elses:flag:

Integrity57
05-13-07, 10:48 PM
Look at this way, you can enlist as an Aviation Mechanic, spend some time doing that, if you decide you don't like it as much as you thought, get yourself in shape, try out for Recon and if you make it, you're good to go. If you don't make it, wait for your enlistment to be up, and switch your MOS.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-13-07, 10:58 PM
Change his MOS to what? He'd still have to pass the indoc to be a recon guy.

Integrity57
05-13-07, 11:04 PM
No I meant just another MOS, like from Aviation Mechanic to Admin or something like that. I know recruits can't just choose Recon as a primary MOS.

CantWaitToSign
05-14-07, 11:39 AM
What should I do?:usmc:

Haha yeah I of all people on this site know to never make one of these topics. Because yeah you are just looking for some help I know. However the only thing they will say is "It's up to you" and then get ****ed off at the fact that you made the topic. Believe me don't do it. I got banned for 3 weeks for doing so.

Anyways, first off you can enlist as Force Recon that is a MOS you get chosen because of your records in PFT scores, rifle score and all that jazz. Secondly Mechanic isn't really my thing but if you like it go for it. Besides everyone has a chance to be in Recon you just got to show that you could possibly be one

CantWaitToSign
05-14-07, 03:17 PM
Haha yeah I of all people on this site know to never make one of these topics. Because yeah you are just looking for some help I know. However the only thing they will say is "It's up to you" and then get ****ed off at the fact that you made the topic. Believe me don't do it. I got banned for 3 weeks for doing so.

Anyways, first off you can't enlist as Force Recon that is a MOS you get chosen because of your records in PFT scores, rifle score and all that jazz. Secondly Mechanic isn't really my thing but if you like it go for it. Besides everyone has a chance to be in Recon you just got to show that you could possibly be one

Had to edit the "can" to "can't"...ha my bad:sick:

Kildars
05-14-07, 04:13 PM

Anyways, first off you can enlist as Force Recon that is a MOS you get chosen because of your records in PFT scores, rifle score and all that jazz. Secondly Mechanic isn't really my thing but if you like it go for it. Besides everyone has a chance to be in Recon you just got to show that you could possibly be one

I doubt you got banned for making a thread like this. You probably got banned for making a thread like this then disrespecting the Marines on this board in the thread.

To the OP, I would worry about getting your EGA before you worry about Recon.

Ricky R
05-14-07, 08:41 PM
These days you can get into the Recon Mos before boot.
At least that's what the recruiters are saying. And the fact that Recon is now a part of SOCOM doesn't mean anything will change, other than more funding for Recon. 2nd Recon is now at Courthouse Bay, new barracks, training facilites, NICE!!! (SOCOM $$$ paid for most if not all of it)
But if you decide to go RECON, you have to be sure!!! It is tough and never really lets up, INDOC is just the begining.

CELER SILENS MORTALIS
SEMPER FI
Ricky R

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-14-07, 08:54 PM
Since when is recon a part of USSOCOM? Force is apparently, but this is the first I've heard anyone claiming that recon bn. was part of USSOCOM.

By 2nd Recon do you mean 2nd Force or 2nd Recon Bn? Force was at Courthouse Bay in the 90s.

Indoc just being the beginning is a very valid point. But, they have to get through that part first.

Soon2BeVIP
05-14-07, 09:07 PM
I doubt you got banned for making a thread like this. You probably got banned for making a thread like this then disrespecting the Marines on this board in the thread.

To the OP, I would worry about getting your EGA before you worry about Recon.Haha those 2 things were what I was going to write, but you have a way of saying it...not angrily. You need to teach me your typing skills...

Ricky R
05-14-07, 09:17 PM
Huge write up about it in Marine Times, don't remember all the details. One of the Main reasons they moved from Onslow beach was because a hurricane wiped out most everything at Onslow (can't remember which one).

Ricky R
05-14-07, 09:20 PM
Haha those 2 things were what I was going to write, but you have a way of saying it...not angrily. You need to teach me your typing skills...

Yes Poolees and even Marines make mistakes. We learn from it, and then we better ourselves, More importantly we deal with and then get over it!