PDA

View Full Version : Leaving and Thank You

hawks
05-13-07, 11:26 AM
First of all I want to thank everyone on this site for giving me the information and motivation to try and become one of the world's finest.

I'll give a little background to my story so far. It was December of 2005, right before school got out. I was thinking about joining the Army but then for some reason I came across this site. It moto'd the crap out of me. December of 05 I was right around 275 pounds (6'3) I visited this site every day and I almost DEP'd in but had some confusion with the recruiter and my parents were not really all for me yet so I waited till Sept 06 to DEP in, 0311 Reserve. Anyways, by August of 06 I was 195, lost just about 80 pounds to enlist. If I can do it, any of you looking to lose weight can.

I am doing the 92-Day Reservist Program and I leave tomorrow.

Once again thank you all for everything.

Achped
05-13-07, 11:27 AM
Hey man, I'll be at the island 4 weeks from tomorrow, so when you're about in Phase 2, just remember some guys are 3000 miles away going through the same thing you were. :)

LCplLake
05-13-07, 11:32 AM
Keep your head up, dont touch your face, sound the **** off, when your mind says stop keep driving.. most importantly absorb the pride. It'll last a lifetime brother - I promise. I'll write, dont worry..

thedrifter
05-13-07, 11:35 AM
Best of luck!

Stay Motivated!

Ellie

jinelson
05-13-07, 09:03 PM
Wow Matt its been a long time from when I met you in the chat room to this day. Your tenacity helped you drop all that weight will also see you through recrut training. Take what you have learned here and achieve one of the proudest momnets in your life. Make sure that when you have earned the title you come back and report in so I can get your membership upgraded to Marine. Good luck and stay moto OORAH!!

Jim

davblay
05-14-07, 12:59 AM
Good luck man,make us proud! Semper Fi, little pup!

hawks
05-14-07, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the moto. It is pretty surreal right now, not going to lie. I've seen probably hundreds of these types of threads and now that I have my own...its just, surreal. I said good bye to most of my family tongiht and had a decently sized bonfire with my good friends, and well, it sucks to say good bye, but at the same time, I have to. I'll see them and all you in a quick 13.

Kildars
05-14-07, 04:32 PM
Good luck bro.

Don't quit.