PDA

View Full Version : He arrived safe!!!

Mike McIntyre
05-01-07, 09:51 AM
We got the call at 1:50 am CDT or 02:50 EDT (Parris Island Time).

My wife and I are exhausted. I can only imagine how much fun my son is having? :evilgrin:

yellowwing
05-01-07, 10:03 AM
He's seeing a lot of these ---> :evilgrin:

:thumbup:

jinelson
05-01-07, 10:15 AM
Outstanding Sir now you and the wife rest and stand easy your son is in the best hands in the universe. When you next see your son he will utterly amaze you and immerse you in pride. Be patient the letters will be slow at first.

OORAH!!!

Jim

rktect3j
05-01-07, 10:35 AM
Good luck to your son and congrats on the first step. Keep us posted.

marinemom
05-01-07, 10:44 AM
Remember that all the positive reinforcement that you can give is needed. Letters and cards on a regular basis (I used to send at least 3 a week) really can keep him going - and do not be alarmed if it takes a week or more for you to get the "green card" with his correct mailing address.

Welcome to the family of proud Marine parents.

outlaw3179
05-01-07, 12:11 PM
Wow ..Good luck to your son sir, hes in good hands. Semper Fi.

003XXMarineDAD
05-01-07, 01:31 PM
Mike
The 13 weeks will go fast and I hope you get the chance to go see your son earn and get the E.G.A.
It is the most moving thing to see and it worth the trip to see it.

Osotogary
05-01-07, 02:13 PM
Mike-
You and your family are also going to go through a transformation. Don't forget to go to the MCRD website and download the training matrix to keep you up to snuff.
Best of results to all.
Gary

8th&I Marine
05-02-07, 01:03 AM
Mike,

You may not reconize that young lad after being gone 13 weeks, He is going to be a lean mean fighting machine.

Cantrell:flag:

davblay
05-02-07, 09:17 AM
"THE FEW, THE PROUD,THE MARINES!" Semper Fi sir, my Parents went through the same thing THREE times with three of us brothers in the Corps at the same time! He will be a member of the finest Brotherhood in the world! He left you as a boy and will return as a man! :thumbup:

Mike McIntyre
05-02-07, 01:32 PM
Question:

“Do most make it?”

“And how do we support him?"

And I thought 15 months waiting on a Waiver was tough!!!

rktect3j
05-02-07, 01:45 PM
Mike, here is a true story.

I went to boot camp and my parents knew I just had to make it. So they sent motivational mail to me. Encouragement. Wanted to know what I had done and expressed great pride when writing back. I think they even made sure my sisters wrote me. Always positive, never negative.. When I say never, that meant never. I got dropped for 1 month because I sprained my ankles. They just encouraged me more and actually wrote more while in MRP and PCP. Now when I graduated my parents came to the ceremony and it was at that time I learned that my grandmother had passed away during my training. When I said never anything negative, I meant NEVER. Also, my sister entered rehab during that time but I did not find out until after I graduated. Obviously a break in training like that could have ruined me. But that is me and my story.

Keep PMO (positive mental attitude).

rktect3j
05-02-07, 01:53 PM
I also remember my dad sending me comic strips he'd cut out of the newspaper. Nothing like a funny to help to keep positive.

Mike McIntyre
05-02-07, 02:39 PM
Great advice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Mike McIntyre
05-02-07, 05:55 PM
Mike, here is a true story.

I went to boot camp and my parents knew I just had to make it. So they sent motivational mail to me. Encouragement. Wanted to know what I had done and expressed great pride when writing back. I think they even made sure my sisters wrote me. Always positive, never negative.. When I say never, that meant never. I got dropped for 1 month because I sprained my ankles. They just encouraged me more and actually wrote more while in MRP and PCP. Now when I graduated my parents came to the ceremony and it was at that time I learned that my grandmother had passed away during my training. When I said never anything negative, I meant NEVER. Also, my sister entered rehab during that time but I did not find out until after I graduated. Obviously a break in training like that could have ruined me. But that is me and my story.

Keep PMO (positive mental attitude).

Let me get this straight. You were in PCP and you ended up in RECON?

WOW!!!!!!

Osotogary
05-02-07, 06:01 PM
Mike-
Please try this link.
http://www.marineparents.com/usmc/boots-links.asp
There may some additional information there that you may not yet be aware of at this time.
Gary