PDA

View Full Version : My Offical MOS ... >.> field 04

Black Heart
04-24-07, 05:15 PM
Yep. Logistics. I was praying for Intell..or Security Ops.. (you head out into infantry 2yrs within taking the MOS) but my top 3 choices were all taken. So field 04 came through and now its my offical MOS. The aboutmil.com site doesnt really say much about it field 04. So i was wondering what type MOS is 04? Do i stand out in the field with a headset all day and tell other Marines the quantity of w/e go were... or is it more office like?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-07, 06:29 PM
Hate to say it, but if that isn't the MOS you want, you should wait until the job you want is available.

Black Heart
04-24-07, 06:32 PM
how long does it usually take for MOSs fields to clear up?

ggyoung
04-24-07, 06:51 PM
depends on how meany are geting killed and geting out.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-07, 10:59 PM
Usually it will open on Oct. 1, which is the start of the new fiscal year. I know that seems like a long wait, but you're talking about several years of your life.

Black Heart
04-27-07, 09:41 AM
well it is one of those MOSs in which i wouldnt mind actually doing. That why it WAS one of my choices.. just the last one. My recruiter told me everything about 04 including all the legth of the schooling. I kinda want the air crew one.. since the learning curve for that one is 15weeks. Hopefully thats the one i get. I dont think logistics will be that bad ill most likely like it anyhow. I just wanted to know more info about it from the Marines who've already done it.

zx6rdr
04-27-07, 10:59 AM
Yep. Logistics. I was praying for Intell..or Security Ops.. (you head out into infantry 2yrs within taking the MOS) but my top 3 choices were all taken. So field 04 came through and now its my offical MOS. The aboutmil.com site doesnt really say much about it field 04. So i was wondering what type MOS is 04? Do i stand out in the field with a headset all day and tell other Marines the quantity of w/e go were... or is it more office like?

do you know what designator 04XX you will have? I was a primary 0411 MIMMS and Secondary 0431 Embark. I can tell you more about those, but i do not have much eperiance with the others......