PDA

View Full Version : Your a Wise Guy, Ahh! #2

KMAC-USMC
04-24-07, 03:26 PM
(http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=42470)HurricaneRJ (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=42470)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_237088", true); </SCRIPT> <O:p</O:p
I remember a National Guard recruiter convinced my twin brother to join the Army instead of going with me, and now he regrets that decision now. LOL

<O:p</O:p
A National Guard recruiter attempted to talk me out of joining the Corps also (I am going to join; I’m not claiming to have already joined). He was a former Marine... he said the only thing they told him he could do after his term was over, was to be a security guard or a janitor! He said join the Guard, and be whatever YOU WANT...he didn’t sound like a marine though (one who is proud), i thought to myself what about, "Once a Marine always a Marine!" <O:p</O:p
I’m not trying to "bash" other services, because i have the up-most respect for ANYONE who serves their country! But when ya talk bad about the service (Marine Corps) that I plan on...excuse me, am going to, dedicate my life to, I might feel the need to say something back. lol<O:p</O:p
Thanks for the advice Guard.<O:p</O:p

yellowwing
04-24-07, 03:31 PM
LMAO
I guess ole John Glenn got tired of guarding warehouses and decided to get a job at NASA.

And Marine Veteran Fred Smith (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/today/bios.html) got fired from pushing a broom and ended up founding FedEx! :banana:

HurricaneRJ
04-24-07, 04:11 PM
Yeah, my brother and I were at least 40lbs over weight this past December when we first talked to a Marine recruiter and he wanted to get in the service quicker I guess. One day at the mall the recruiter came up to us and asked for our time to talk about the "oppourtunites" as a Georgia National Guard soldier.

He said something about us getting 20,000 for joining the infantry and to which I repied.

"Why does anyone have to pay me to serve?"

Kinda ****ed him off, but somehow my brother was eager and left this January, he is graduating this friday.

Also I know what you mean about "some" Marines not carrying the "Once a Marine, always a Marine" attitude, my uncle spent 10 years (Captain) in the Corps and not once has he ever said "Semper Fi'" to another Marine and he always down plays the grunts all the time. (Since I wanna be one.)
<o>
</o>

KMAC-USMC
04-24-07, 07:00 PM
Yea thats not cool, but we gotta set our minds on our dreams!...Instead of promising myself that i would be a Marine, I just told myself, that ive always dreamed of it, and that i am goin to do it! Its just somthing that i have to do! And I dont let anyone discourage me!

Reddog0270
04-25-07, 03:11 PM
And I dont let anyone discourage me!

Way to be MOTO! Man, I have the same situation. My parents are dead-set against my joining up, yet I could care less. I give them the respect they deserve by hearing them out on their opinion, but it CERTAINLY doesn't change mine.

Keep that attitude KMAC, and you'll be all set. Use the advice of those Marines and g2g poolees on this site to your advantage. We are all in the same boat as you.

-Reddog