PDA

View Full Version : Your a Wise Guy, Ahh!

KMAC-USMC
04-23-07, 08:07 PM
haha some ARMY recruiter attempted to talk me out of joining
the Marines the other day, he said..."The Marine Corps is only about one thing, and one
thing only! and thats maintaining an image, and theyll do any thing to keep that image!...If
u want oppurtunity join the Army!"(ARMY recruiter's words)

davblay
04-23-07, 08:18 PM
haha some ARMY recruiter attempted to talk me out of joining
the Marines the other day, he said..."The Marine Corps is only about one thing, and one
thing only! and thats maintaining an image, and theyll do any thing to keep that image!...If
u want oppurtunity join the Army!"(ARMY recruiter's words)
Well he was right about one thing! We do maintain an image that only we can! That is the image of a United States Marine! Not everyone can be one of the few or the proud! Poor guy, he must have not had what it takes to be one of us! The Army is full of all the people that can't hack it in My Beloved Corps!

Ooo-Rah!

GySgtRet
04-23-07, 08:26 PM
I personally am not offended by the remark. I heard that alot from the Army types while on recruiting duty and joint commands through my 20 years. Damn right we have a image...!!! I am proud to be a Marine. There is an old addage about the Marine corps No best friend no worst enemy. I didn't make that up I think it was a Army doggy..??? Not sure though. When General (USA) WWII McArthur left the Phillipines he stated that he would return with the grace of god and a battalion of Marines. There are alot of quotes by non Marines through the ages and most are done in awe of my beloved Marine Corps. Yep we habe an image but if we just have a image how are we so recognized and decorated and be the smallest and most elite force in the world. Yep I like that image I have no problem with it.

:iwo: :flag:

HurricaneRJ
04-23-07, 08:30 PM
I remeber a national guard recruiter convinced my twin brother to join the Army instead of going with me, and now he regrets that decision now. LOL

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-23-07, 09:34 PM
Well, since our image is that we accomplish General Krulak's two missions for the Marine Corps- which is making Marines and winning battles- I would say we are well served by maintaining that image. If we stopped making Marines or winning battles we wouldn't be of much use now, would we?

ssgtt32
04-23-07, 09:39 PM
My Signature!

Maurice

"For over 221 years our Corps has done two things for this great Nation. We make Marines, and we win battles."
- General Charles C. Krulak, USMC (CMC); 5 May 1997