PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Hardest physical thing about Bootcamp?

mjcb23
04-19-07, 04:11 PM
Besides the mental strain you guys went through for 12 weeks, whats the hardest PHYSICAL thing you had to do? And what unexpected things happened that you weren't prepared for at bootcamp?

Motorola07
04-19-07, 05:19 PM
I'd say just wait and find out... Just like they did, wait and find out whats the tuffest.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-07, 05:45 PM
Depends on you. What is hard for you may not be for me. What's hard for me may not be for you.

mjcb23
04-19-07, 05:46 PM
^Theres no point in waiting for suprises if i can prepare for them now. Thats why they have this forum, to learn more about Marine life and culture, and part of Marine life is bootcamp. It really isnt a big deal if I would like to be prepared going in. Its acutally the smart thing to do.

mjcb23
04-19-07, 05:47 PM
My last statement was ment for Motorala, no Echo

Quinbo
04-19-07, 05:53 PM
Walking through shin deep sand in full gear is physically and mentally challengeing for anyone .... San Onefre beach is waiting for you ;)

Motorola07
04-19-07, 09:08 PM
"You only make it tuff. No one else can." SSgt Dodson

My recruiter told us this after we got our ass's handed to us.

Marine84
04-19-07, 10:02 PM
^Theres no point in waiting for suprises if i can prepare for them now.

Prepare your brain, your body will follow.

killerinstinct
04-20-07, 03:42 PM
the hardest part of bootcamp usually is to know that it's not about you, i, or me.

People come in some have advantages that others do not. Some are more physically inclined some are smarter at solving problems others are just dumb as a rock.

The point is it's not you who succeeds its the platoon. The hardest part is to work together for all of you to obtain a common goal and get it accomplished.

People will be ****ed off because they are in the dirt from one person ****ing up but it will either teach you that it's because of him or because the platoon failed as a whole..

So what I mean is getting along and team work is what the main thing drilled in.. Thats why drill is importnant look at the first day you start to drill and how everyone ****s up and the first to the rear command people turn the wrong ways.. Then compare it to the end see how your platoon has worked together and survived... We are stronger together than as individuals and thats what a lot of people have trouble understanding or achieving is your success relies on the people to your left and right not a sole single person.

miller36
04-20-07, 03:52 PM
Thanks, that was some great advice!!!
:banana::yes: :thumbup:

the hardest part of bootcamp usually is to know that it's not about you, i, or me.

People come in some have advantages that others do not. Some are more physically inclined some are smarter at solving problems others are just dumb as a rock.

The point is it's not you who succeeds its the platoon. The hardest part is to work together for all of you to obtain a common goal and get it accomplished.

People will be ****ed off because they are in the dirt from one person ****ing up but it will either teach you that it's because of him or because the platoon failed as a whole..

So what I mean is getting along and team work is what the main thing drilled in.. Thats why drill is importnant look at the first day you start to drill and how everyone ****s up and the first to the rear command people turn the wrong ways.. Then compare it to the end see how your platoon has worked together and survived... We are stronger together than as individuals and thats what a lot of people have trouble understanding or achieving is your success relies on the people to your left and right not a sole single person.

Marine84
04-20-07, 06:35 PM
That IS something to see ain't? Like the Silent Drill Team - I bet those guys finish one another's sentenances - they're that much "in sync" with one another.

Ain't it amazing when the light goes off?

SnowPaint078
04-20-07, 09:26 PM
Prepare your brain, your body will follow.

Great advice which can never be over said. This is how Im getting my run time down. I just like to think its all in my head, and I will continue to move at the same speed I started if not faster. So unless my body breaks down on me, I will continue to move until I achieve my goal. If that is not enough for motivation think about the guys to your left & right, that will usually keep you going. My 1st Class PFT is a result of my motivation and the help of every one around. POOLEE Wolf & I ran about 22 miles in 4 hrs. I probably would not have finished if I was alone, especially after I pulled my leg. Teamwork is really the key to success, that is one thing you learn early and I am still in DEP.

Kildars
04-21-07, 06:24 AM
^Theres no point in waiting for suprises if i can prepare for them now. Thats why they have this forum, to learn more about Marine life and culture, and part of Marine life is bootcamp. It really isnt a big deal if I would like to be prepared going in. Its acutally the smart thing to do.

From what I've heard the surprise is half the fun. The other half are the Drill Instructors.

Old Marine
04-21-07, 09:22 AM
Probably the hardest physical thing you will do is after your first three or four days in boot camp you may want to sit on the throne and drop a few depth charges. With the change in life style and...

Zippo
04-22-07, 12:19 PM
boot camp is really not all that hard, physically. certain times like humps and the Crucible will drain you, but you'll develop the discipline to keep pushing yourself and not stop until they say to.

boot camp PT really isn't bad. quarterdecking will kill you, but unless you have a billet (i.e. squad leader, guide, scribe), or you do something stupid, it wont happen to you too much. lol, unless your DI just feels like picking out random people. good luck.

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 01:10 PM
As memory serves me, the hardest physical aspect of boot camp was overcoming the "mental" aspect of it. Regardless of what "physical" element you are involved in, there comes a time when you will suddenly realize that you have already accomplished some pretty intense stuff, and survived. When you arrive there, you have absolutely no idea what you are capable of. Boot camp will show you what you can do, if you allow yourself to do it. There is no one certain physical activity that can be fingered as the "toughest" part...as stated earlier, it is a very personal thing. Just be aware of what you are accomplishing as you go along, and you will find that your fears and misgivings will have been for naught.

Marine84
04-22-07, 02:02 PM
getting over that log (I'm only 5'3" - the dang thing is set at 5'!)

killerinstinct
04-23-07, 08:30 AM
let us not forget waiting on little end to keep up in the humps having to reach out and touch someone because they slacking

Phantom Blooper
04-23-07, 09:24 AM
The hardest part of bootcamp if you are prepared will be your weiner (sic) after 10 weeks! :yes:

:evilgrin:

Marine84
04-23-07, 01:25 PM
The hardest part of bootcamp if you are prepared will be your weiner (sic) after 10 weeks! :yes:

:evilgrin:

I forgot about THAT for you guys! LOL! That's funny as hell Phantom!

And yeah Killer - I remember the hump now. Or a run in formation........................OMG - them long legged b!tches in front!

poolee18
04-23-07, 02:24 PM
I want recruit training to be a supprise for me it will keep pumped up for what happenes the next day and for the 12 weeks.
poolee18
chris

davblay
04-23-07, 03:07 PM
Salt peter in the food????? Ooops, wrong thread!?

yellowwing
04-23-07, 03:54 PM
My Recruiter had me doing lots of shoulder exercises, so when we were instructed on how to hold our weapon straight out in front it was no problem.

The worst was learning to control myself in NOT SCRATCHING!

Marine84
04-23-07, 06:53 PM
The worst was learning to control myself in NOT SCRATCHING!

Not scratching what Michael? :confused:

yellowwing
04-23-07, 07:19 PM
Not scratching what Michael? :confused:

These nasty buggers:
http://www.ywg-web.com/images/sand-flea.gif
The Sand Flea
South Carolina Protected Species
Compliance Enforcement by Drill Instructors

8th&I Marine
04-24-07, 01:22 AM
Hey Wing dont forget tograb that charging handle with your right hand and front sight post with your left and pray to god your bolt doesnt lock in place. all the while you have your weapon strait out infront of you.

Cantrell:flag: