PDA

View Full Version : Help referalls

irizavrima
04-16-07, 08:06 PM
Alright here is the deal.

I want refferals!!! I am a senior in high school and im shipping out somewhere between 7-9 weeks from now. I meet people all the time who want to join or talk about joining. But as we all know people, especially in HS, love to run their mouths. What is the best approach to get somebody into the recruiting office and how do I approach people about the Marines. I am not a Marine so it's difficult for me to speak on behalf of the organization. Any tips are useful.

Achped
04-16-07, 08:08 PM
Seriously, ask your recruiter. Thats their job. Mine has helped me tremendously. (Such as if they refuse, ask for their name and number to 'take them off the list' The recruiter will call, ask to see if they're qualified, and then talk. Even if they still refuse after the recruiter calls it still gives the recruiter an AC and a chance for you to get promoted)

Btw, nice IST. That's the same as me :)

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-07, 08:21 PM
OK, here's what you do... don't tell anyone though- it's a secret.

1. You walk up behind the prospect with a rag that has been dipped in chloroform and a baseball bat.
2. Hit them in the head with the bat.
3. When they hit the ground put the rag over their nose and mouth to keep them from waking up.
4. Pick up the now compliant prospective recruit and put them in your car.
5. Drive to the recruiter's office.
6. Take the rag off of the prospect.
7. Pick the guy up and carry him into the office.
8. Tell the recruiter that the guy said he wanted to be a Marine, and then slipped and hit his head.
9. Repeat above until two people enlist.
10. Be a PFC when you graduate from boot camp.

Chrisbrv
04-16-07, 08:29 PM
What if you already have contract PFC and you get say a couple of referalls. Do you earn higher rank or get a nice tap on the back by your recruiter?

irizavrima
04-16-07, 08:37 PM
I do not have contract PFC. If I do earn PFC however, I can not continue to earn higher rank simply by reffering more people. It is my recruiters job to bring in people and since I am not getting paid, I don't feel the need to do his job.

irizavrima
04-16-07, 08:46 PM
On the other hand...he did a big favor to me by driving me to MEPS to enlist and other things here and there. I feel an obligation to help him out.

Achped
04-16-07, 08:56 PM
On the other hand...he did a big favor to me by driving me to MEPS to enlist and other things here and there. I feel an obligation to help him out.

I would think of it more as helping the CORPS out, not your recruiter.

Your recruiter was GLAD to drive you to MEPS at 0400...trust me. :thumbup:

ssgtt32
04-16-07, 09:30 PM
:) I will be one of your refferals, because I want back in! :marine:

irizavrima
04-16-07, 09:33 PM
Hey sgtt32, if your serious let me know my number is 760 522 5035.

-Amir Vaziri

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-07, 11:03 PM
Wow, you don't feel the need to do his job. That is an outstanding attitude. Maybe he won't feel like doing it either and will hook you up with a great MOS, like burning crap in porta-johns for four years.

davblay
04-16-07, 11:39 PM
OK, here's what you do... don't tell anyone though- it's a secret.

1. You walk up behind the prospect with a rag that has been dipped in chloroform and a baseball bat.
2. Hit them in the head with the bat.
3. When they hit the ground put the rag over their nose and mouth to keep them from waking up.
4. Pick up the now compliant prospective recruit and put them in your car.
5. Drive to the recruiter's office.
6. Take the rag off of the prospect.
7. Pick the guy up and carry him into the office.
8. Tell the recruiter that the guy said he wanted to be a Marine, and then slipped and hit his head.
9. Repeat above until two people enlist.
10. Be a PFC when you graduate from boot camp.

E4B-------That's another keyboard you owe me, plus a beer!! LMAO!:yes:

davblay
04-16-07, 11:45 PM
I do not have contract PFC. If I do earn PFC however, I can not continue to earn higher rank simply by reffering more people. It is my recruiters job to bring in people and since I am not getting paid, I don't feel the need to do his job.

Each and every Marine is a Recruiter!!!!! He was simply doing this job. He would, and does, do the same for all Prospects! Trust me! You need to adjust your additude just a tad man. Helping him is helping the Corps, and that might make your job a little easier in the future as well as ensure your survival! It's nice having people you know in the Corps! Right Marines? :evilgrin:

Chrisbrv
04-16-07, 11:49 PM
So I already have a Contract PFC on my contract when I sign it from a few years of NJROTC. If I got a a couple of Poolees to join as my referalls would I get a bonus or something? Thanks to who answers my question.

davblay
04-16-07, 11:53 PM
So I already have a Contract PFC on my contract when I sign it from a few years of NJROTC. If I got a a couple of Poolees to join as my referalls would I get a bonus or something? Thanks to who answers my question.

First of all you need to update your status to Poolee! As far as the question, ask your recruiter, he can give you the correct answer!

Marine84
04-17-07, 07:34 AM
Oh THAT'S just great - ya'll owe me another monitor!

And Amir, you won't get promoted simply by referring more people - that's a 1 time going into bootcamp take it or leave it deal. Anybody you refer after you're in will get you this nice little piece of paper that will look good on your brag wall in a few years.

mesaRAT488
04-17-07, 12:41 PM
"Amir Vaziri"

Is that Arabic? :tank:

irizavrima
04-17-07, 02:41 PM
Nope, Im half Iranian

skoozi
04-17-07, 08:30 PM
The highest rank you can get before going to MCRD is PFC, period. It is possible to receive LCPL upon graduation, but only by being the Company Honor Man, which is only awarded to ONE new Marine per graduating company. If you get referrals after getting PFC, your recruiter may give you something or take you out to dinner or something like that, but you can't get increased rank.

usmc2007
04-18-07, 04:09 PM
The highest rank you can get before going to MCRD is PFC, period. It is possible to receive LCPL upon graduation, but only by being the Company Honor Man, which is only awarded to ONE new Marine per graduating company. If you get referrals after getting PFC, your recruiter may give you something or take you out to dinner or something like that, but you can't get increased rank.

This is true, but you can also get L/CPL after boot also. Situation: "You have guaranteed PFC in your contract before MCRD. You get out and get Recruiters Assistance, which is helping your recruiter for 24 extra days after boot. During that time if you get atleast 3 referalls you can get a promotion to L/CPL." That and getting Honor Grad. are the only 2 ways that I know of that you can get L/CPL unless you just do your time and earn it.