PDA

View Full Version : My Fiance's first Tour

missnmyfiance08
04-08-07, 10:02 PM
My fiance just left for his first tour in Iraq. I'm only 19 and I'm having a very difficult time with it. We have had a long distance relationship basically this whole time but now that I don't know when I'm gonna talk to him, its really hard on me. I know a lot of people go through this and I was just wondering how some of you all go through this. If there are anyone from Camp Lejeune that would be awesome too because after the wedding I am going to move to Jacksonville so that we can live together. I really would just like to talk to someone who is going through the same thing because it feels like everyone I have talked to don't really understand how i feel and they tell me just to wait and everything will be better soon. So I hope I get some good responses!

Thanks!
Allie

garryh123
04-08-07, 10:42 PM
Support him and Please never cheat on him. Support and your love is what he Needs.

missnmyfiance08
04-08-07, 10:46 PM
I will never cheat on him. I love him so much. I almost lost him once and it felt like my heart was shredded! He's amazing and no matter what I wouldn't give up what we have. I'm just having trouble letting him go. Honestly if he'd let me i'd do anything to get him home!

slowrider
04-09-07, 01:19 AM
Hi,My Wife and I have been through what your going through.It was almost a year from the day we married until I was able to get her down to Camp Lejeune NC with me.I was in a Grunt unit with Division...

FistFu68
04-09-07, 07:20 AM
:) Allie,let Me Introduce Myself;I Too Am A Northern Va.native.Don't Worry,you'r Marine Will Be Just Fine.My Name Is Jody Banger,let's Get Together For Some Tea;and Then I Can Show You The Submarine Race's On The Potomac.Before You Know It A Couple Of Year's Will Have Gone By,and You Will See How Time;really Flie's When You'r Having Funnnn!!!S/FJody~;)

YLDNDN6
04-09-07, 07:49 AM
You just ain't right...lol

DWG
04-09-07, 07:50 AM
Allie,let Me Introduce Myself;I Too Am A Northern Va.native.Don't Worry,you'r Marine Will Be Just Fine.My Name Is Jody Banger,let's Get Together For Some Tea;and Then I Can Show You The Submarine Race's On The Potomac.Before You Know It A Couple Of Year's Will Have Gone By,and You Will See How Time;really Flie's When You'r Having Funnnn!!!S/FJody~

FF; you an EVIL S.O.B.! I'm telling your kids on you!:mad:

Plus, you're a damn cradle robber! :p

Marine84
04-20-07, 04:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks guys.................ya'll kept me from gettin' MY a$$ jumped!

FistFu68
04-20-07, 05:11 PM
:evilgrin: LMAO-YEA SOME OF MY SICKNESS MUSTA' RUBBED OFF D.W(AKA,CHERRY BUSTER) WHY WERE YOU OTHER MEN IN THIS THREAD?SURE IN THE HELL WASN'T MY HANDSOMENESS???I JUST BEAT 'YA TOO THE MRS!RESPECTFULLY, MR.JODY BANGER~:DSEMPER-JODY

sgt tony
04-20-07, 07:49 PM
Dear get with the blue star mothers because they can talk with you and help you in this time.

Marine84
04-20-07, 08:12 PM
Seriously...................check out VAJoe (of course add the . & the com) - look in the Military Family Life thread - there are PLENTY of girls in there your age that are girlfriends/flavor of the month/whatever to military men of ALL branches.

And Mods here - please keep the site name visible - it's NOT worth the rest of us going into ALL the time like we do here.

davblay
04-21-07, 02:04 AM
Just remember two things;
1. Your wedding vows
2. The fact that you knew he was a Marine when you married him!

This is the first of many times you will be seperated during his career! Get with some other wives and talk trash, and get through it together!

bigdog43701
04-21-07, 07:46 AM
a very good friend (MSgt WHORSLY) told me once after i gotmarried, " if you ever question one another about infadelity, at that point you marrage is over.

it will be 36 years 9/20. that is 2 tours overseas and one tour of nam. not even one domestic between us.

ringoffire
04-21-07, 08:15 AM
Hi Allie,

My husband was deployed last year and is getting ready to deploy again this summer. It's tuff, but hang in there. Try not to watch too much of the news. It will drive you crazy...I know it's worrisome to have a loved one in Iraq and hoping to hear from them, but never knowing when. When will he be coming home and when is your wedding day? I am also in Jacksonville, NC and my husband is at Camp Lejuene. You can Private Message me if you'd like, look forward to hearing from you.

Tina

CplsGirl
05-21-07, 11:07 PM
HI,
My name is Kristy. I just joined, and this is the first thing I read. Like you, my Faince is also in Iraq, and it is hard. You have to do things to keep your mind off of what is going on. Go to school, get a job or two....keep busy. I live in San Antonio Texas right now, but I will be back up at Camp Lejeune in August. So we should meet up. Also liek you, I am only 19 too! That is crazy. so, we should totally talk, write me a personal message, or e mail or something, and we can get to know each other!

Kristy

aussiegirl
08-20-07, 02:28 AM
Hi i'm a newbie too! My fiancee just got recalled and i am terrified! he has been on reserve since we have been together... we are already in a long distance relationship and i thought i was going to see him for christmas... but now i dont know when i will see him!

LeonardLawrence
09-08-07, 09:51 PM
Know the feeling. You may want to look into your unit's "Key Wives" group. My wife was big into that during two UDPs to Okinawa and it helped to have a resource....

Keep the faith, it will work out!:)

missvicious423
09-09-07, 02:19 AM
I e-mailed you! I really hope it helps :)

wojijo
09-11-07, 11:07 AM
althou am akenya living in kenya afric .iwould like you to stay calm and dont loose hope but you can keep your self busy making new friens with us

cavemansgirl
09-19-07, 01:50 PM
hi, allie! my name is allison. my fiance is currently stationed at camp lejeune. he'll be going on his 3rd tour to iraq at the end of october, beginning of november. it will be his first tour while we are together. i'll be moving to jacksonville in january. i'd love to chat with u!

MjrSunshinesGal
12-17-07, 01:34 PM
If you are 'just' a fiance, are you still invisible as far as the marines are concerned... i.e. if something were to happen to my marine, would I be notified, and allowed to visit him when they say 'immediate family members only' etc....

Are there things we should know about w/ differences between being engaged and married during a deployment and times of crisis when it comes to the military?

Thanks!!

BabiKaligurl
05-22-08, 02:21 PM
Hi,

My name is Yari.... Just like you i have my fiance in the Marines.... he just completed boot camp and got ra for two weeks... he just left Sunday to Camp Lejeune to do MCT.... the last time he left for boot camp he said "I'll be back for you".... for 3 months that is what i was holding on to.... its really hard.... this time when he left, he told me " I want to be with you, wait for me" and pretty much didnt give me time to say anything before he had to get on the bus.... I have been pretty much crying every single night wishing he was here..... I love him so much.... we should get to gether and talk....

and just like everyone was saying, dont cheat on him, support him anyway possible.... They need a lot of Support...