PDA

View Full Version : Marine Quotes?

rickfjr74
04-05-07, 05:10 PM
I'm trying to think of a good Marine quote or any good quote in general to put on my signature....Does anybody have any good quotes?

devildoghopeful
04-05-07, 05:45 PM
<b><big><big>Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.</big></big></b>

- Ned Dolan

devildoghopeful
04-05-07, 05:47 PM
Don't you forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in Hell can overrun you!

Col. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Near Chosin Resevoir, Korea - December 1950

devildoghopeful
04-05-07, 05:50 PM
I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold.

1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
Belleau Wood, France - 19 July 1918

devildoghopeful
04-05-07, 05:54 PM
And finally, from a British Royal Marine from 41 Commando -

This was the first time that the Marines of the two nations had fought side by side since the defence of the Peking Legations in 1900. Let it be said that the admiration of all ranks of 41 Commando for their brothers in arms was and is unbounded. They fought like tigers and their morale and esprit de corps is second to none.

Lt Col. D.B. Drysdale, Commanding Officer - 41 Commando
Chosin Reservoir

Kildars
04-05-07, 06:12 PM
"You had best un**** yourself or I will unscrew your head and **** down your neck!"
-GySgt Hartman.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"
-Major Holdredge

"*******it you'll never get a purple heart by hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
-Major General Oliver P. Smith, Korea, December 1950.

davblay
04-05-07, 06:24 PM
Google "Marine Corps Quotes" ! ;)

devildoghopeful
04-05-07, 08:39 PM
Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army.

Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings.

bigdog43701
04-06-07, 03:03 AM
Carpenters hit nails,
Bakers make bread.
Marines kill people

ElDiablo
04-06-07, 08:11 AM
Go here: http://www.marinesforever.com/Quotes.htm losts of good stuff...quotes, cadences, everything...

Master Sephiroth
04-07-07, 06:14 PM
"Old breed, new breed, it doesn't matter as long as it's the Marine breed!"

forgot who said this

poolee18
04-09-07, 09:56 AM
This is my favorite quote.
THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS... is over 225 years of romping, stomping, h@#l, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a Bomb Crater, Our Mother was an M-16 & Our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corps, and the American Flag. We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the H@!l out of both of them. Marine by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice, MARINE BY GOD!!! OORAH!!!" (http://www.usmc.mil/)

Chris</U>

jinelson
04-09-07, 10:17 AM
Keep them coming pups this is good MOTO!

Jim

ElDiablo
04-09-07, 10:32 AM
We stole the eagle from the Air Force,

The anchor from the Navy,

The rope from the Army

And on the seventh day when God rested we overran his perimeter, stole the globe,
and have been protecting our shores ever since.

Can't remember where I found it...

ElDiablo
04-09-07, 10:35 AM
"First to Go, Last to Know"

"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence." GEN. JOHNSON, U.S. ARMY

"The US Air Force Chief-of-Staff would never be called -- Airman
The Chief-of-Naval Operations would never be called -- Sailor
The Commanding General of The US Army would never be called -- Soldier
BUT the Commandant of the Marine Corps would be proud to be called a --
United States Marine"

There are so many to choose from...

ElDiablo
04-09-07, 10:43 AM
Just remembered...there's always a quote at the very bottom of this sites home page...use one of them.

Accord
04-09-07, 01:13 PM
The Army's greatest asset is it's equipment and technology. The Navy's greatest asset is it's ships. The Air Force's greatest asset is it's planes. The Marine Corps' greatest asset is it's Marines.

Justin493
04-09-07, 01:38 PM
"The man who will go where his colors will go, without asking, who will fight a phantom foe in a jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to Democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. His pride is his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face, and his obedience is to his orders. As a legionary, he held the gates of civilization for the classical world...he has been called United States Marine."

Lieutenant Colonel T.R. Fehrenbach, US Army in "This Kind of War"

Justin493
04-09-07, 01:41 PM
"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he was a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the cockiest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and , generally speaking, of the United States Marines I've come in contact with, are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet."

An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

crazymjb
09-19-07, 05:55 PM
"had the opportunity to work and go out with many dedicated Marines over the pond. There is no greater discipline and brotherhood that matches the Marine Corps that I've ever witnessed so far (my Army guys would kill me for saying that)."

That was just posted by an Army medic just back from Iraq on a car forum I am an avid member of.

Mike

Quinbo
09-19-07, 09:02 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf---George Orwell
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-19-07, 09:04 PM
Sorry, already posted