PDA

View Full Version : When do we get our MOS?

jetztodernie
04-04-07, 04:31 PM
When do they assign you your MOS? I know my field, but I mean the last two digits.

Thanks!!:cool:

YLDNDN6
04-04-07, 04:59 PM
The needs of the Marine Corps and your ASVAB scores will determine which job you get within your MOS field. It was at the beginning of 3rd phase that they told us what our specific jobs would be, but that was back in '83. It may have changed since then. Seems like a lot of things have changed since then...

jetztodernie
04-04-07, 06:24 PM
And a follow on question: When do we find out where we'll be stationed?

Marine84
04-04-07, 06:52 PM
They'll give you plenty of heads up time - you'll find out what your MOS is and where you'll go for school somewhere near the end of bootcamp. After that....................who knows?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-04-07, 11:29 PM
Um, they told us where we were going to MOS school and what our MOS was at the end of MCT, not boot camp.

We got orders to our units near the end of MOS school.

Marine84
04-05-07, 07:48 AM
I keep forgetting about that MCT thing you guys do these days - we didn't have that when I went through.

crzyredneck
04-05-07, 09:22 AM
Well i just Graduated Boot Camp on the 30th of March. They told us our MOS Field (First 2 numbers for those of you who don't Know) and some of us the actually Job (Last 2) about a week before graduation, as for where we are going for schooling they said we will find out at MCT. But not everyone Found out there Job, some just found out there field, and some found out that they go to MCT instead of SOI cause they are still open contract, So depends on your Scores, and what field you sign up for as to when you find out, if all else fails you will find out at the Latest the end of MCT.

grodunt
04-05-07, 11:33 AM
If you're a reservist you contract with your MOS before you ever step foot on either MCRD.

jetztodernie
04-05-07, 11:46 AM
Well i just Graduated Boot Camp on the 30th of March. They told us our MOS Field (First 2 numbers for those of you who don't Know) and some of us the actually Job (Last 2) about a week before graduation, as for where we are going for schooling they said we will find out at MCT. But not everyone Found out there Job, some just found out there field, and some found out that they go to MCT instead of SOI cause they are still open contract, So depends on your Scores, and what field you sign up for as to when you find out, if all else fails you will find out at the Latest the end of MCT.
Interesting. Any rhyme or reason behind that? Know if intel people found out?

Thanks for the info.

Grodunt - Im active duty.:evilgrin:

Marine84
04-05-07, 11:54 AM

I'm confused....................you're AD? Your profile says you're a student and a Marine friend?

jetztodernie
04-05-07, 12:03 PM
I just meant that Im on an AD contract, not a reserve one.

BrentAndrew
04-05-07, 12:07 PM
Disregard!

crzyredneck
04-05-07, 01:09 PM
As for intel we didnt have ne intel in our platoon though our 4th Hat was Intel... I updated my profile like i said i just got home not to long ago and havent done alot of updating things...

killerinstinct
04-05-07, 01:14 PM
here figured you would like to see the s-2 guys hard at work... i think its tough lol http://www.geocities.com/stucknfrisco/s-2.jpg

grodunt
04-05-07, 02:42 PM

Good for you. I'm just stating facts here. I didn't see anything about MOS assignments for active duty only.

jetztodernie
04-05-07, 06:57 PM
I wasnt trying to be a smart ass or anything. Sorry if you thought I was condescending or something.:thumbup: