PDA

View Full Version : Ears Open Eyeballs Click

poolee0311
03-15-07, 08:15 AM
now i just orderd this video and watched it, i would have to say it is a damnd good eye opener, if anyone else has seen it, let me know what you thought... it has some funny parts in it, but i know it wont be funny once im there in the same situation, haha :evilgrin:

Marinewannabe15
03-15-07, 09:23 AM
I liked it. Kinda what I expected. Like you said, funny parts that when I'm there, not so funny

Integrity57
03-15-07, 11:06 AM
I saw some clips of it on YouTube, it was pretty good, and I thought the Drill Instructor was literally going to explode when that recruit fell down on the road during the Crucible, that was crazy.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-15-07, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but I can say that when I was there I thought plenty of stuff was funny. Could be why I spent so much time on the quaterdeck.

YLDNDN6
03-15-07, 02:04 PM
Now that was funny, E4B!!! For those of you who may not know what the quarterdeck is, it is the area outside of the Drill Instructor's hut, at the head of the squadbay, also commonly referred to as "My Classroom." The classroom is where you guys will learn to form a diamond with your hands, and push until you fill that diamond with sweat. Where you will Mountain Climb until you puke. Where the term "Bends and Thrusts" becomes permanently engrained into your vocabulary. Ah, the classroom. Enjoy it, fellas.

osborned
03-15-07, 02:11 PM
I saw the version of it that they had on television, I think the military channel. What they had of it was pretty good stuff, but the audio qualiy wasn't all that great, the sound tended to tear a bit sometimes especially during the shouting. Good primer information, though.

Kildars
03-15-07, 04:48 PM
According to some Marines that I have talked to the documentary is more hollywood than what MCRD is really like. A true Drill Instructor will never act the same when a camera is on him versus when one isn't. Just remember that when you pups ship to MCRD. :thumbup:

poolee18
03-15-07, 05:25 PM
Where can I order that video

irizavrima
03-15-07, 05:43 PM
This is the only place you can buy it from. From my personal experience with this seller, I did not approve of his method. I got my DVD in 2 days because I live near his place of business, however he sends absolutely no confirmation whatsoever leaving you in the dark and he does not respond to any emails or phone calls. The postage is usps priority.

http://www.canaanbrumley.com/

DeJayP
03-15-07, 07:49 PM
You can find it here at Sgt. Grit`s:marine: :flag:

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/default.asp?URLCheck=1

:banana:

Justin493
03-15-07, 07:51 PM
Enjoyed what I had seen.

EDIT: DeJayP was faster.

RuffNight2007
03-15-07, 09:16 PM
This is the only place you can buy it from. From my personal experience with this seller, I did not approve of his method. I got my DVD in 2 days because I live near his place of business, however he sends absolutely no confirmation whatsoever leaving you in the dark and he does not respond to any emails or phone calls. The postage is usps priority.

http://www.canaanbrumley.com/

He replied to my email =D Guess he likes me better than you! :banana:
Took a week for order to come in. Just be patient =p its only 25 dollars anyway!

slowrider
03-15-07, 09:22 PM
Now that was funny, E4B!!! For those of you who may not know what the quarterdeck is, it is the area outside of the Drill Instructor's hut, at the head of the squadbay, also commonly referred to as "My Classroom." The classroom is where you guys will learn to form a diamond with your hands, and push until you fill that diamond with sweat. Where you will Mountain Climb until you puke. Where the term "Bends and Thrusts" becomes permanently engrained into your vocabulary. Ah, the classroom. Enjoy it, fellas.

OH Yes, The dreaded Quarterdeck, I had a Drill Instructor that had his own special exercise. it was called a " Feet Bed R Roll" he would go feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, catch up. and give you 20 secs to complete it... it consisted of 1 jumping jack, 1mountain climb,1 push up, and on your feet, all in one... it was a mother
:bunny:

Ol Bob
03-15-07, 10:56 PM
OH Yes, The dreaded Quarterdeck, I had a Drill Instructor that had his own special exercise. it was called a " Feet Bed R Roll" he would go feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, catch up. and give you 20 secs to complete it... it consisted of 1 jumping jack, 1mountain climb,1 push up, and on your feet, all in one... it was a mother
:bunny:

How many times would he make you do that?

Is there anywhere I can see this film? I know there's a few short clips on youtube, but is there anywhere I can see it in its entirety?

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-16-07, 01:23 AM
Is there anywhere I can see this film? I know there's a few short clips on youtube, but is there anywhere I can see it in its entirety?

The link to buy it is in this thread. If you're trying to get it for free, then no you can't see it for free. Copyright law would make it illegal to post the movie.

irizavrima
03-16-07, 01:29 AM
This movie is limited in its content, however the director does a fabulous job of showing the stressful situations we will encounter. For me, I saw how frustrating it can be to work with all different kinds of people.Every recruit was completely different from one another and they had a hard time getting along. It is going to be awkward dealing with people that are all as angry, tired, and ****ed off as myself in a situation as stressful as boot camp. But of course ill tough it out :P

YLDNDN6
03-16-07, 07:17 AM
Important thing to remember is that this is not going to be a situation where you have to get along with anyone at all. You are going to have NO physical contact with another recruit, you will have NO social hour where you sit around and shoot the chit with other recruits. Your one job there is to do exactly as your Drill Instructors tell you and as fast as you can do it. You will find that all of the different personalities will somehow blend to form a cohesive unit, so as to keep the platoon out of trouble. The guy who sleeps either above or below you will be about the only person that you have direct contact with, and you had better be helping each other out when possible. No person in your life so far has done as much to keep you out of the chit as a good bunkmate can do for you. It is good to try to help other people too, but if you can't create a good relationship with your bunky, you got trouble.

shsabres
04-12-07, 04:36 PM
I am hoping to get this film myself. If any of you have the film and are looking to part with it I would buy from you via paypal. If not I will just buy new, but figured maybe somebody would have a copy they did not want first. Thanks all, just PM me or email me at shsabres@aol.com (fastest) and I will have paypal to you quickly. Later all and god bless.

coplepk04
04-12-07, 04:39 PM
I purchased it a few weeks ago and it is superb.

I wish it had been longer, though.

shsabres
04-12-07, 05:24 PM
Yes, I just saw the previews for it, and it looks amazing.

Marine84
04-12-07, 06:11 PM
Being a Marine (even though I'm female) I thought it sucked - granted there was a couple of spots that were dead on the money but you could tell that there was a limit to what they were allowed to film. I expected as much but not THAT much. He missed the whole point of graduation to me.

futureMarine418
04-12-07, 11:29 PM
what is a mountain climb? I googeled it but that did me no good.

rvillac2
04-12-07, 11:51 PM
Mountain climb:
Start from pushup position.
Thrust one knee up to chest and place foot flat on deck below it.
Thrust second knee up to chest while simultaneously returning first foot back to original starting position.
Your hands do not move from original starting position.
Repeat as ordered.

Just pretend the floor is a very steep mountain and you're running up it.

rvillac2
04-12-07, 11:52 PM
oh yeah...this is also known as "Bear Crawling" but doing it in place and not moving forward.

Marine84
04-13-07, 12:41 AM
and them things KILL you too! My legs STILL look good from all of that!

poolee0311
04-13-07, 09:37 AM
get used tp it

poolee0311
04-13-07, 09:38 AM
now i do agree about the movie beeing not quite actuall, they did miss a lot of graduation and the crucible too, but all and all it does show what we are infor poolees! oh by the way who ships june 11??

Marine84
04-13-07, 11:36 AM
HAHAHAHAHA! Imagine the few minutes you did see times 24/7! Just remember, when they gang up on you and start yelling 50 different things at you at the same time - follow the orders shouted by the one with most rank - don't get discombobulated!

Curt Geezus
04-13-07, 10:00 PM
I got it and watched it, it had some things that you don't see anywhere esle, but overall I didn't think it was that good.

Accord
04-14-07, 09:43 AM
Don't waste your money. EOEC is certainly entertaining, however it is NOTHING like what boot camp is really like.

Marine84
04-14-07, 11:37 AM
Don't waste your money. EOEC is certainly entertaining, however it is NOTHING like what boot camp is really like.

Take it from one that JUST walked off the Island a week ago. You just can't record the change you go through.

jungholee90
07-14-07, 08:53 PM
Wow, I searched if anyone started any EOEC thread and I see like whole bunch haha. Well, I watched this just yesterday when I finally got this in mail. It's a nice documentary. Gave me a little more idea of how it is going to be like, but it is impossible to put that 13 weeks completely into 95 minute-long-documentary haha.
But it did a good job motivating me to get off my butt and start working out way more for physical challenge haha. For emotional challenge, this documentary can't really help you because you are watching it, not experiencing it - big difference... I'm going to let my recruiter borrow this, he haven't watched it yet.

bgsuwoody
07-14-07, 08:56 PM
Wow, I searched if anyone started any EOEC thread and I see like whole bunch haha.

:idea: HOLY CRAP YOU DID WHAT...AND YOU FOUND WHAT!!!! :idea:

Amazing isn't it! :)

jungholee90
07-14-07, 09:12 PM
Haha, Yep, it's crazy. I was like, "hmm, which one should I update?..." I just picked the thread that had most reply in it, lol.

Kegs24
07-29-07, 03:00 AM
I just recently borrowed this DVD from my recruiter and it was definitely enjoyable to watch. I realize that they may have "hollywood-ized" it, but it still was nice to see what MCRD is all about. There are some things that will be instilled in my memory for future use when I get there. I know that it will kick my ass, but the fact that there were many, many Marines before me that did it makes the thought that much more motivational.

jpal3451
07-29-07, 04:38 AM
dont waste your $, this movie aint it.

Colton
07-29-07, 01:10 PM
It comes on the Documentary Channel a whole lot. The Documentary Channel should be near the Discovery Channel.

Drehzahl7
07-30-07, 12:18 AM
uhm.. i watched it right before boot camp.. i think its definately censored in some ways but its still pretty damm close to the truth.. of course they cant show you everything but its a pretty good video in my opinion.. i went thru MCRDSD so i think i have a good takeon it..

miller36
10-30-07, 04:05 PM
Hi I have just seen this documentary and I was not impressed. It had some interesting parts, but I was expecting something more. It seems they cut out the bread & butter. I guess you can not experience it until you do it.

Integrity57
10-30-07, 04:36 PM
Yeah I too, saw the movie some time ago on the Independent Film Channel and was incredibly let down. The director made the film in more of a Indy Film style instead of a documentary film style and I was really irritated how the music would drown out the dialogue in most scenes. So please all Poolees, save your damn money and experience it for yourself when you ship out, otherwise you will be disappointed by that piece of chit movie.

Brandon1
11-01-07, 12:09 AM
I actually liked it, saw it on the Documentary channel. Is the DVD different from the one on the Doc channel or is it pretty much the same?