PDA

View Full Version : Worthy of commission?

thedrifter
03-12-07, 03:04 PM
Worthy of commission? <br />
<br />
As Lamar Owens waits to hear whether he's kicked out of Navy, support for former quarterback grows <br />
<br />
By Chris Amos - Staff writer <br />
Marine Corps Times <br />
March 19, 2007 Edition...

thedrifter
03-12-07, 03:05 PM
GENERAL: KEEP OWENS <br />
Marine Corps Times <br />
March 19, 2007 Edition <br />
<br />
This is an open letter to Navy Secretary Donald Winter: <br />
<br />
I'm a Naval Academy graduate (Class of 1950), a &quot;recruited&quot; varsity...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-12-07, 06:02 PM
NO. He's unworthy.

drumcorpssnare
03-16-07, 11:25 AM
Throughout history, the Naval services have been known for their extremely strict code of conduct, and the harsh punishments handed down for transgressions against said code.
I think US Navy and Marine officers, and by extension...Annapolis midshipmen...
should be held to the highest standards when it comes any moral, ethical, or legal issue. They should be beyond reproach. They are supposed to be in training to be leaders. They will be leading US Marines!

It is the duty of the Marines to get drunk, and ***** around...not the Annapolis midshipmen!:D
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

hrscowboy
03-16-07, 02:05 PM
He disobeyed orders buttom line he needs the boot..

drumcorpssnare
03-16-07, 02:18 PM
Not to mention, he walked away once she passed out. Isn't that dereliction of duty? Failure to complete the mission? Abandoning his post?

Anyone?......Beuler?:D
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

FistFu68
03-16-07, 02:28 PM
:evilgrin: F*C-HIM, JUST LIKE HE F*C'ED HER! HE'S LUCKY IT WASN'T ONE OF MY DAUGHTER'S,OR YOU JUST MIGHT SEE MY HANDSOME AZZ; ON AMERICA'S MOST WANTED?:evilgrin: SEMPER~FIDELIS:iwo:

ggyoung
03-16-07, 05:42 PM
You are all right.

jgorosco
03-16-07, 05:59 PM
I am still trying to see what was done to wrong to warrant being kicked out of the Navy. If what he did was wrong by not staying away from the female. I think they go to the same school. So that might be hard to do. And demerits and poor grades, just doesn't cut it for me. If anything the female should be booted out as well for giving false statements and making false acquisations in a Court of Law. Why isn't she being punished for being drunk in the barracks? That is grounds from being dismissed from the Academy. And this BullSh*t about they are held to higher standards is just plain and simple BullSh*t! They are just like regular Marines but with more training to be leaders that they haven't finished receiving. This Owens character should be let to lead squids or Marines. Thats my opinion

ggyoung
03-16-07, 06:29 PM
jgorosco+++++++++++++========== It dos not matter what you or anybody else thinks. They are held to a higher standard and they should be held to a higher standred. The higher the rank the higher the standred. The next thing is "female".It should not be that way but it is so live with it.( I'm probly going to catch hell from 84 on this.) Also this is not the traits that a officer of the Naval Service of the United States should have. He should walk the plank.

jgorosco
03-16-07, 08:14 PM
Ok well answer me this. Does this Midshipman have his as an officer while in the Academy? If this pertains to officers then why doesn't it pertain to Enlisted as well? If it is true for one it should be true for both. And the Female part I can live with but if I was this Owens fella I would be filing Lawsuit after Lawsuit to stay and in. And that the way it is.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-18-07, 11:55 AM
Owens code of conduct as a mid was violated. If the female mid was in violation of the code (being intox in the barracks, if she was underage), then the punishment for her should NOT be the same as for Owens. The equivlant of a misdemeanor vs a felony.

I think he's a scumbag who doesn't deserve to lead a patrol out of the head, but that's just me.

yellowwing
03-18-07, 12:41 PM
Annapolis Midshipmen have to be nominated to get in. Where is the Senator or Congressman that signed off on his application? Why aren't they stepping forward to go to bat for him?

"Vice Adm. Rodney Rempt recently recommended that Owens be expelled from the academy with neither a commission nor a degree."

It doesn't look good for Owen. We all know that the Navy ain't really geared for Vice Admirals to make mistakes. I would not loan Owen any money, that's for sure!

maverickmarine
03-18-07, 01:17 PM
I agree that he should be held to a higher standard, although this is a situation that any one of us could be accused of and it seems when it comes to sexual assault it is guilty until proven innocent. I do think that he should not have the right to lead men in combat and that he probably shouldn't be commissioned at all but if he has met the requirements there is no reason he shouldn't receive his degree at very least. His **** up is no worse then many of us have been involved in as a young, dumb full of cum kid and I don't think the rest of his life should be ruined for it but I do agree that his conduct does not allow for him to serve as an Officer, especially in my freakin' Marine Corps.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-18-07, 07:28 PM
MM, I stand corrected. I have no problem with him getting a degree. I have a problem with him leading any of the kids America's Mom's and Dad's send to the military.

FistFu68
03-18-07, 08:57 PM
:evilgrin: THAT'S WHY THEY ARE AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN,AND CAN RESIGN;INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE BRIG!THEY GET AWAY WITH CHIT,THAT AN ENLISTED MAN WOULD HANG FOR! READ THE OATH OF AN OFFICER,THAT HE SWEAR'S TOO.TO THAT OF AN ENLISTED MAN!:evilgrin: :iwo: S/F

OLE SARG
03-18-07, 09:41 PM
Give him his diploma and KICK HIS ASS OOOUUUTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want that ****head leading one of my Grandsons in combat, he might want to stop for a piece of tail and tell his superiors to take a hike.
They are held to a higher standard and he VIOLATED that standard.
"NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

roderickyseaton
03-26-07, 11:40 PM
I think regardless of wether or not he is going to be denied his commission, if he had completed all his academic requirements, he should be allowed to have his Bachelor of Science degree. An MD who...

roderickyseaton
03-26-07, 11:48 PM
Yep. If he wants to work as a fellow taxpaying American civilian and work as an economist, why not? But then, he should be made to pay for his degree, and then be discharged.

yellowwing
03-26-07, 11:53 PM
I'm guessing that the sticky thing is that if they reward him his degree, it will be stamped USNA.

ggyoung
03-27-07, 12:39 PM
Who payed for his education? We did the tax payers did. Noway in hell he should get a commission or a diploma. He just wasted $10,000.00's thousand of your tax dollors.

english12
03-27-07, 08:04 PM
Who payed for his education? We did the tax payers did. Noway in hell he should get a commission or a diploma. He just wasted $10,000.00's thousand of your tax dollors.

He should be given that diploma but FORCED TO ENLIST--and to a plain old Navy to simply twirl his thumb about, doing odd jobs like just cleaning the deck and stuff (not the Marines). Thank god he wasn't a Marine! Now his officer friends get to see him enlisted at E-4, and that would be a great deal fun. To that, he should repay the tax dollars. He is still not as bad as Lt. Watada.

YLDNDN6
03-28-07, 06:49 AM
While stationed in Pensacola, my girlfriend at the time (a WM who later became ex-wife number 1) was sexually assaulted by one of her instructors, a sgt in the Army of one. I led the charge on...

ese4mc
03-28-07, 07:40 AM
the scales of Justice are balanced & Justice herself is blindfolded--he was tried & not convicted & no punishment recommended----end of story----The Admiral in all this is leaving himself open to a lawsuit,since he would in essence be saying "We made a mistake,lets go back & retry"--double jeopardy --its over & time to move on--

ggyoung
03-28-07, 11:59 AM
ese4mc++++++++++That sounds like something the french would do. What is happening to our milatery? Are we getting soft?

MP5811
04-05-07, 01:46 AM
He didnt do anything most people wouldnt do themselves. A easy peice of ass is just that. No one turns down an easy peice. If he violated any rules and regulations then she did also and you dont here anything about her. He went to a court marial and was acquitted which means they could not find him guilty. So now we can kick people out for being acquitted of a crime? thats bull****.

fmoyer
04-10-07, 02:09 PM
I have to agree with you MP5811, If I remember correctly at 22 I didnt have enough blood to run both my brain and and d*** at the same time sounds like this was his problem also. I am sure many others would have to admit to this problem also.

yellowwing
04-10-07, 02:14 PM
Okay, give him his college credits but do not give him the Service Academy graduation credit.

davecerami275
04-10-07, 02:20 PM
:evilgrin: F*C-HIM, JUST LIKE HE F*C'ED HER! HE'S LUCKY IT WASN'T ONE OF MY DAUGHTER'S,OR YOU JUST MIGHT SEE MY HANDSOME AZZ; ON AMERICA'S MOST WANTED?:evilgrin: SEMPER~FIDELIS:iwo:

I already seen your mug on Americas Most Wanted. i am just waiting for the reward to get to $50.00 before i make the call.

yellowwing
04-10-07, 02:24 PM
$50 is rightous cash. Two cases of beer, eh?

David Jameson
04-10-07, 02:51 PM
The problem I have with this is that it is so out in puplic now that the P.C crowd will have to swing this guy.He was found not guilty of rape.Correct me if I'm wrong if has a conduct unbecoming...

ggyoung
04-10-07, 06:23 PM
By law all she has to say is "no" or "stop" just once.

MP5811
04-10-07, 06:44 PM
You are correct. All she had to say is NO once, but did she say NO at all? Women get just as horney as men. and sometimes even more so. The fact of the matter is that he was acquitted. He wasnt found guilty. To my knowledge once a person is found not guilty then he cant be tried again for the same crime. Im not sure what the argument is. He was tried before his peers and acquitted. Im not saying he didnt doit but I am saying her lawyers didnt do there job to help the jury find him guilty.

english12
04-10-07, 07:01 PM
You are correct. All she had to say is NO once, but did she say NO at all? Women get just as horney as men. and sometimes even more so. The fact of the matter is that he was acquitted. He wasnt found guilty. To my knowledge once a person is found not guilty then he cant be tried again for the same crime. Im not sure what the argument is. He was tried before his peers and acquitted. Im not saying he didnt doit but I am saying her lawyers didnt do there job to help the jury find him guilty.
Well, if he is not founded guilty, than graduate him with the degree, but to save our reputation, not give him the commission. (Free education with the degree should be the settlement). He still had sex when he shouldn't have.

MP5811
04-10-07, 07:06 PM
What if a woman accuses you of raping her? You go to trail and are found not guilty should you be kicked out for something you didnt do? So much for the innocent until proven guilty.

ggyoung
04-10-07, 08:05 PM
He, you are in the milatery, not out in the world didity bopin down the street He was in the U S Navy. A hole bunch of different laws governering you, him and me. The way we used to say was "you are in a dicktatership(bad spelling day) protecting a democreacy". And yes this was a P.C. deal like it or not.

MP5811
04-10-07, 08:25 PM
Military law also state you are innocent until proven guilty supposedly.

ggyoung
04-10-07, 08:46 PM
The key word SUPPOSEDLY.

MP5811
04-10-07, 08:50 PM
Under the UCMJ you are Innocent until proven guilty.

ggyoung
04-10-07, 09:19 PM
ununiaform code of milatery injustus

Sgt Leprechaun
04-11-07, 08:23 AM
Point of note here, yes, he was found &quot;Not guilty&quot; of the rape charges. He was, however, CONVICTED of &quot;Conduct Unbecoming an Officer&quot;.

yellowwing
04-11-07, 08:44 AM
Annapolis is all about bearing conduct and character. If Owens falls short, then it is his gaff.

MP5811
04-11-07, 10:36 AM
But you and I both know that the Conduct Unbecomin of an Officer is the when all else fails charge that the military can always fall back on when they cant get you on anything else. And do we Know...

Sgt Leprechaun
04-11-07, 11:33 AM
I'll agree with what you are saying in regard to that particular charge, however, officers are usually held to a higher standard than us enlisted guys/gals. That's why they get all sorts of things...

David Jameson
04-11-07, 12:21 PM
This place is getting PC to .My question is What about her.If on one has the balls to give her a C. U.O charge for her performance that then what do you do with her ?Make her C.N.O or what. One...

Sgt Leprechaun
04-11-07, 12:30 PM
True, and I'll agree. If she violated the academy rules (which as I understand it, she did, by drinking and sex in Bancroft Hall), then boot her out as well. However, the prosecution chose instead...