PDA

View Full Version : Asvab

fanclub56
02-25-07, 01:36 PM
Is there ASVAB Waivers?

Marine84
02-25-07, 01:43 PM
You mean like to waive you taking it or waiving low score......................? I really wouldn't think so either way - that's their way of testing you to see what you may already know and it helps deciding what MOS you get (especially if you go open contract). It's not a big thing really - just answer what you know. I think most Recruiters these days even have "practice" ones you can take.

millar123
02-25-07, 03:26 PM
no way there is no ASVAB waivers, that would be stupid then we would be letting people in with a score of like 10.

Covey_Rider
02-25-07, 04:23 PM
If you have to ask I hope you're not talking about yourself...You may want to start studying more. I want want anybody who can't pass the ASVAB in my Corps. The standards are low enough.

cplbrooks
02-25-07, 09:21 PM
Is there ASVAB Waivers?

What was your score on the ASVAB? There are waivers but they are very rare and you would have to show how you would be an outstanding Marine. It is called a CAT IV waiver. They will generally only do one of these every 3 months for each RS region. To get it you can only be a point or two off of the minimum score of 31. Also, do you have a HS diploma or a GED?

Soon2BeVIP
02-25-07, 09:49 PM
I sure hope Asvab waivers aren't used. I thought it was hilarious how low the score was to be eligible. Literally everyone in my class of 29 or 30 are eligible, it's a private school, but we're a dumb one. I was so surprised thought at MEPS when so many kids were like "I barely made it" and others were like "I had to take the test 3 times before..."

SkilletsUSMC
02-25-07, 09:55 PM
OK lets start out with grammar...

'Waivers' is a plural word. Try it like this. "ARE there ASVAB waivers?"

That will get a you a few more points

Good luck!

cplbrooks
02-25-07, 10:00 PM
You would be surprised how many fail the ASVAB and the practice test. It is a percentile test so if the minimum score is 31 you have to figure that at least 30% will fail it.

killerinstinct
02-26-07, 09:09 AM
haha one time in the great ole deserst walking back to get some chow.. my buddy saw a rock and tossed it to me telling me i forgot my ID card.

i hope this doesnt happen to you