PDA

View Full Version : New letter from Accord (Someone sent him...a "package")

Achped
02-24-07, 07:05 AM
The letter is insanely long, so I won't post the exact thing, but check this out.

"I also received a package from one of my friends with an Air force t shirt and pink AF waterbottle, the box was addressed to "Proud US Marine" and the outside of the box has "This package good for 2 hours in the pit." and my DI's made sure I got every second of those 2 hours. It f'ing sucked. And I have to carry the pink AF water bottle everywhere instead of a canteen, so every DI on the island f's with me when they see me, especially in chow. I also have to wear the t shirt during PT and the DI's f with me big time during that. Oh well, I'm sure 20 years from now I'll look back and laugh. Oh, I met MC88 from leatherneck. He wants me to give his address to you and put it on leatherneck.

Recruit Cherallo M
Plt 2025 2nd Bn E Co
Box 12024 (is this right? its what the letter said I thought the box was the plt #)
Parris Island, SC 29905-2025"

Hmmmm, what else, he went over the new changes to the crucible, its now 72 hours, and you get your EGA after it.

He wants to let Marine84 and everyone else know he appreciates the moto, and "if any Marine wants my address, PM it to them." so...I guess now that he's gotten pranked he's not so stingy ;) His exact words are "You can give it to any Marine you wish, except 'Drill Instructor' haha"

He started blousing his boots and got his US Marine nametapes and desert cammies, his description says "It was FREAKING AWESOME."

He said his platoon has lost a LOT of recruits so far, stress fractures, pneumonia, and other injuries. Right now you should drink lots of milk, take calcium suppliments, and build up your leg muscles in the gym. All those runners who get 18 minute 3 miles were dropped during the humps for their skinny legs not being able to handle it.

Humps suck because no one keeps it tight and we basically run the whole way.

blah blah Marines aren't made on the field, they're made in the squad bay. I like this:

"There's a reason Marines cry when they get their EGA, and its not because they won a drill trophy or went down a repel tower."

His PFT was 35* outside, he got 11 pullups, 109 situps, and 22:15 3 miles. He said "I was soaked in ice cold water from my head to my boots, it was miserable."

"Swim qual is nice because you're away from your DI's for half the day."

Achped
02-24-07, 08:09 AM
Oh, and I got in a car accident yesterday, jakegpoolee was in the Jeep with me...

We feel great (sarcasm)

pics
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5940/phonecam022gq6.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8682/phonecam014us5.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3334/phonecam018yy8.jpg

Achped
02-24-07, 08:10 AM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4360/phonecam019wk4.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2743/phonecam008nv5.jpg
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6039/phonecam010tq8.jpg
]

Achped
02-24-07, 08:12 AM
Basically, a big van hit the back of my Jeep, which caused me to run into the truck in front of me. Jake's head hit the top of my roll bar (he's doing a little worse than I am), but otherwise we're ok. The pics don't look bad, but the back of my Jeep is trashed (you can see how bent the tailgate is in the pic), the trailer hitch is bent in too, as is the bumper.

Then, to top off our exciting day, he drops his phone in my toilet.

(Why I look crosseyed in this picture, I do not know)
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9267/imag1052oy9.jpg

Achped
02-24-07, 08:19 AM
Boot camp is SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO much harder than I expected. Its nothing like EOEC, or any other documentary, NOTHING like them. Showers suck, we don't even use soap, or anything, we just walk through them. If you have acne then you're going to break out big time here.

Then he talks about what happens if you don't shave wel enough....ouch!

Motorola07
02-24-07, 08:38 AM
Was wondering if something happened to him or rnot... havent seen a letter from him. Sounds like hes going to kick some ass when he gets back

devildoghopeful
02-24-07, 08:50 AM
It's fantastic to hear this stuff 1st hand, as it happens. It's great when new Marines comeback and tell us about their experiences, but it's something special when we know that this stuff is happening to him RIGHT NOW. Keep us posted, these are awesome!

Old Marine
02-24-07, 09:08 AM
Looks as though Accord is being afforded way too much Free Time, with all this letter writing.

aviator101
02-24-07, 09:09 AM
Good to hear, sounds like he is having an easier time with Boot Camp than before.

davecerami275
02-24-07, 09:28 AM
Basically, a big van hit the back of my Jeep, which caused me to run into the truck in front of me. Jake's head hit the top of my roll bar (he's doing a little crosseyed in this

nice spare tire cover. i assume you are pi$$ed at jake for putting that big dent in your roll bar. i hope the roll bar is ok

Achped
02-24-07, 09:37 AM
Looks as though Accord is being afforded way too much Free Time, with all this letter writing.

This is only his 3rd letter in 6 weeks.

RuffNight2007
02-24-07, 11:13 AM
Then he talks about what happens if you don't shave wel enough....ouch!

Fill me in :D

RuffNight2007
02-24-07, 11:18 AM
Right now you should drink lots of milk, take calcium suppliments, and build up your leg muscles in the gym. All those runners who get 18 minute 3 miles were dropped during the humps for their skinny legs not being able to handle it.

Thanks for the tip! My skinny ass has got to get to work!:thumbup:

jinelson
02-24-07, 01:32 PM
by Old Marine - Looks as though Accord is being afforded way too much Free Time, with all this letter writing.

Negatory bro he is tasked on mission to get word passed to us. I wrote him a personal letter and he didnt respond so he is going for the biggest bang for his buck this way.

Jim

Master Sephiroth
02-24-07, 04:45 PM
how long til he graduates?

Marine84
02-24-07, 06:06 PM
somebody PM his address please - I would love to be sitting on that end of the bleachers just so I can hear the girls scream (sounds like a Usher concert or something) for their boyfriends. I swear, when I went to one last September you could hear these girls ALLLLLLLLL the way down down on the other end of the parade deck where the WMs are.

It was crazy!

Marine84
02-24-07, 06:07 PM
never mind................I'm a doofus. I went back up to the top and saw it.............oops! No more for me tonight.

Ultimawpnx
02-24-07, 08:06 PM
" Hmmmm, what else, he went over the new changes to the crucible, its now 72 hours, and you get your EGA after it. "

What kind of changes were there? I've been trying to look up some info on it and couldn't find anything ugh.

Achped
02-24-07, 09:48 PM
He didn't go into specifics, he just said less food, less sleep, and even longer humps. Also, its moved to the week directly before graduation (Its like Tue-Wed of training week 11, you graduate friday on week 12.)

slowrider
02-24-07, 09:59 PM
Am I getting this right to see a recuit is now online in bootcamp? Man O Man. Times have changed since I went through PI in 83

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-24-07, 10:06 PM
No, there is a poolee getting letters from a recruit and posting the information.

Achped
02-24-07, 10:13 PM
how long til he graduates?

April 7th

slowrider
02-24-07, 10:16 PM
Ok thanks bro, I was beginning to wonder ........lol

Old Marine
02-25-07, 09:31 AM
This is only his 3rd letter in 6 weeks.

Thats two too many. Sounds like his DI's are getting soft. What the hell's going on in my Marine Corps.

Achped
02-25-07, 04:43 PM
He has FIVE drill instructors! A senior, a 2nd and 3rd hat, and 2 in training. haha, I think the severity of the f-f games in the squad bay with that many drill instructors warrant 2 additional letters sir :) (Im just kidding)

For the record, he said he only gets 2 days of "Free time" a week, when his senior has duty. The rest, when the "tall hats?" have duty, he just gets square away time.

Marine84
03-16-07, 04:01 PM
Got a letter from Accord yesterday - I'm PROUD for him - he only has about 20 days left.

When I sent the last card to him I asked if it was everything we had told him it would be - he says in his letter - "it's a lot worse and a lot harder than I thought it was going to be". He's jazzed because he said they hand you your Eagle, Globe and Anchor when you get back from the Crucible instead of on Family Day so he'll be having that Warrior's Breakfast as a UNITED STATES MARINE!

YLDNDN6
03-16-07, 04:25 PM
OOooohhhh-RRRaaaaahhhh!!!

CJA
03-16-07, 04:28 PM
Seems like he's been gone forever.. wow

jinelson
03-16-07, 07:10 PM
Next month Boaz.

Jim

Marine84
03-17-07, 09:03 AM
Seems like he's been gone forever.. wow

Seems like forever when you're there. By the time it's all over with, you're wondering where 3 months went so fast.

That last week is shear MADNESS! Graduation day and it hits you.............you're a UNITED STATES MARINE! You've clicked with a couple of guys/gals during bootcamp and you realize that you may never see any of them again. You're going to start going places and doing things that your friends ain't gonna be doing. And, you'll be thinking "how in the hell am I going to lug all of this $h!t back home?" because you're going to have WAY more $h!t leaving than you had when you came.

Achped
03-17-07, 08:05 PM
I just got another letter, wow his attitude has changed!!!!!!

He's all like "DUDE ITS SO MUCH FUN! IM GETTING TO SHOOT THE SAW NEXT WEEK WOOOOO"

He's motivated like crazy, he said he's now in 3rd phase and is getting a little bit of hair left on his head at his weekly hair cut. Also, he got new envelopes and paper, is this for 3rd phase only or just a new thing?

He's seriously really motivated though, the whole letter is just I cant wait to be a MARINE, he's got tendonitis but is sucking it up, because he wants that title.

USMC90
03-17-07, 08:09 PM
LOL that's awesome! Sounds like hes enjoying himself (except for the tendonitis).

SkilletsUSMC
03-17-07, 08:32 PM
I just got another letter, wow his attitude has changed!!!!!!

He's all like "DUDE ITS SO MUCH FUN! IM GETTING TO SHOOT THE SAW NEXT WEEK WOOOOO"

He's motivated like crazy, he said he's now in 3rd phase and is getting a little bit of hair left on his head at his weekly hair cut. Also, he got new envelopes and paper, is this for 3rd phase only or just a new thing?

He's seriously really motivated though, the whole letter is just I cant wait to be a MARINE, he's got tendonitis but is sucking it up, because he wants that title.

You should make a new post!!!

That is fabulous that hey are teaching the SAW in bootcamp.