PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into boot?

Marduk
02-22-07, 09:57 PM
This is really hard to talk about, so please bear with me. I shipped to bootcamp on Jan 16th. Two weeks into training, I got a letter from my sister stating that my Mom suffered a mild heart attack....

Marine84
02-23-07, 07:51 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me right? I understand that you were worried about your Mom but, I think this one of those cases where "you made your bed now lie in it" things.

I don't see how you would be able to appeal something that YOU lied about to get. The Corps isn't really going to care what the circumstances were, all they'll see is what's on paper and THAT doesn't have anything to do with your Mom having a heart attack.

Anything is possible but, I really don't think you have a chance.

killerinstinct
02-23-07, 08:55 AM
The best thing would have to ask to see if you could have gotten a call home or soemthing due to the circumstances. And to hit you with another point an honorable is alright to have only if you were ad more than 2 yrs. you wont rate any benefits from having it.

You might want to try but the story you came up with pretty much in my opinion barred you from coming in as you are now a risk.

Hope everything works out and this is a life lesson you have just learned. Don't lie to get something as that lie might come back to bite you

rvillac2
02-23-07, 10:35 AM
Marduk,
Most of us have have done something we end up regretting for the rest of our life. This will be yours. You were in line to become one of America's finest and you gave up your spot. Try to make the most of your life on the sidelines.
Any appeal of your condition is doomed from the start. Schizophrenia is not a simple condition to fake. You either really have it or the docs realized that you're worthless to the Corps and assisted you in separating (and it will be noted in your records). Sure as hell, we don't want you watching our back, driving our amtrak, or packing our chutes.

For all other wanna-be's reading this, there are several mechanisms in place to notify you and take care of you in the event of a family crisis. The Red Cross and the Navy Chaplains are there for these types of situations. Trust them to support your family and concentrate on your mission.

Carry on,
Sgt V.

cplbrooks
02-23-07, 07:50 PM
OK Cpl Klinger (M*A*S*H* reference for the younger ones), since i have been censored let me try this with some tact.

Please dont try to go back to boot camp. You seem to have wasted enough of your recruiters time and certainly too much of the Marine Corps money. Just move on maybe try to learn something from this. :beer:

tntmondy
02-23-07, 08:04 PM
You lied once (by your own admission) to get what you thought you wanted, now you want to tell the truth to appeal the lie. Which is the truth, which is the lie and how does the Corps know that both aren't lies? You are better off to leave it alone and learn from what your lack of integrity has caused. Clearly you have proved that you would not be able to handle the stress that comes with being a Marine. You missed the first lesson of being a Marine Integrity as a result you will not be a Marine. Get on with your life and be a productive citizen.

davecerami275
02-23-07, 08:27 PM
days for fraudulent enlistment (I know I'm a dumb ass, feel free to rub it in). !

ok "DUMBA$$" (your words not mine) at this point you have wasted plenty of the Marine Corps time and money. you made a committment and you failed to follow through for whatever lame a$$ reason. best thing you could do at this point is go to mcdonalds and start out as a burger flipper and IF you stay dedicated in this committment you could be promoted to HMFIC of the french fry section.

btw: in cases of real family emergency during recruit training the Red Cross is notified and the recruit is granted emergency leave

"You want sympathy from me?'Look in the dictionary between $hite and syphllis" MGYSGT Harry Dibiase Provost Sgt MCRD PISC

cplbrooks
02-23-07, 09:17 PM
LMAO :marine:

Marine84
02-23-07, 10:21 PM
"You want sympathy from me?'Look in the dictionary between $hite and syphllis"

I'm gonna have to incorporate THIS one................I'm always telling the folks at work who complain about how long it takes them to get to work and home everyday, that I have no sympathy for them. If they lived CLOSER it wouldn't be like that for them but I'm the crazy one because I want to live as close to work as possible (10 minutes if there's a wreck or stall on the ramp that I take to get there). I mean DUH! I'm at work more than I am at home so I choose where I live based on where I work. I wouldn't be able to live 45 minutes (1 way) away and NOT expect it to take time and HEAVEN FORBID there's a wreck on a 6 lane (12 if you count BOTH sides of the freeway) freeway around here. A couple of them were talking this morning about how it took them hours to get home last Friday and they hoped it wouldn't be the same tonight. Now I can tell them if they're looking for sympathy..........................that's cool dave!

slowrider
02-23-07, 10:46 PM
Lord Have Mercy ( kids these days )

bigdog43701
02-24-07, 06:34 AM
HONOR...COURAGE...COMMITMENT. These are not just words, they are the Marine Corps Values. Read them, hear them, say them...LIVE THEM.

deppen
02-28-07, 08:36 PM
Big Dog,

Best advice is contact your local Marine Recruiter, speak to him and see what he can do for you. If they can make it happen and put you back in, they will.

Semper Fi

davecerami275
03-01-07, 10:06 AM
dont waste a recruiters time,,, this kid has done told so many lies even he does not know what the truth is <br />
<br />
seems like to me that someone told the kid to shut the barn door. the kid was told...

bigdog43701
03-01-07, 10:44 AM
deppen,

why did you make that to me...i didn't write the question...MARDK did.

Ceya
03-01-07, 10:59 AM
What does your Dad think of what you have done?

S/F,
CEYA!
81s! Gun up!!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-01-07, 11:05 AM
If you allow something to consume your mind so much that the only thing you could concentrate on was getting out..What happens if your in combat and something happens? You risk the lives of my fellow Marines and that is something i will not allow! the best thing you can do for the Corps is use the freedom that we fight for in the right way. You have made a mistake, live with it, learn from it, grow because of it. But i have a feeling you will never be allowed to try and earn our beloved title again.