View Full Version : Ex-Marines

thedrifter
02-21-07, 10:46 AM
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 <br />
Ex-Marines <br />
<br />
Jonah <br />
<br />
The accepted term is &quot;former Marine.&quot; I know, I know, former Marine and ex-Marine: a distinction without a difference. But the idea is that any...

cball
03-16-07, 06:49 PM
Good point,

crate78
03-23-07, 09:41 PM
I always say I'm a Marine Veteran or just plain Marine depending on the circumstances.

When our daughter was watching President Reagan's funeral procession in DC, she had a lapse of memory and commented to a Marine in uniform beside her that her father was an ex-Marine. The Marine in uniform and several others in civilian clothes within earshot corrected her in no uncertain terms. She told them she knew better and it just slipped out. She still laughs about it.

crate

jinelson
03-23-07, 10:01 PM
I will be a Marine until Im a dead Marine!

OORAH!!!

Jim

semperfi170
03-23-07, 10:40 PM

OORAH!!!

Jim

:thumbup: 100% IN AGREEMENT!!!!:flag:

davblay
03-24-07, 12:24 AM

OORAH!!!

Jim
And beyond!! we have an assignment at the pearly gates when we get there to walk our post in a military manner! ;) Somebodys got to do it! RIGHT?

mcconohydm
03-24-07, 10:45 AM
I agree with you when i was at the VA one of the nurses said that I was an ex-marine, I told her there is no such thing, there's new marines, old marine, and dead marines. semper-fi.

usmcmule
03-25-07, 07:32 AM
there's new marines, old marine, and dead marines

HOORAAA

Devil Pups, Devil Dogs and Devil Wolves!!

Tcoach
03-25-07, 08:13 AM
I tell everyone that as a former Marine I can't get into heaven, they don't let us Marine's in, God lets us guard the gate. Even the barracks are on the outside.

Randy Shutter Marine since 1977