PDA

View Full Version : Senior Essay

Soon2BeVIP
02-19-07, 09:10 PM
Has to be 18-20 pages. I had no idea what I wanted to write about and my teacher had no idea about my D.E.P.-ing. Coincidentally she just picked a topic out of a list she had for me to write my paper on and I got "Military recruitment strategies". I told my recruiter about it and he was like "Well are you gonna interview me" and I was like "Eh..maybe. I was thinking about talking to the Navy guys next door". He nearly flipped..he was like "Dude I'm your frickin recruiter and you're not even going to interview me!" I was like "It's a 20 page paper...why wouldn't I interview you" Anyways if any of you out there know of any good articles for this topic, I'd appreciate it. Or if you were a recruiter yourself and have any opinions. I can go at this topic any direction soooo....

Achped
02-19-07, 09:16 PM
I don't know about you, but for me it was

Phone call
Practive ASVAB
Real ASVAB
Paper signing
MEPS

That's alot of stuff to cram in in under a week. :) It went so quick...they rush you so you don't change your mind and so it doesnt get too complicated or confusing.

hawks
02-19-07, 11:18 PM
I think it would be a good idea to interview several poolees, not only of the Marines, but of all branches. It is on military recruitment - also besides interviewing your recruiter see if you can get other recruiters too. If you need help on it let me know - I'll proof it for you and stuff

Marine84
02-20-07, 07:57 AM
Talk to CPL Brooks - he's a Recruiter

Soon2BeVIP
03-27-07, 08:31 PM
So it's due Thursday morning...18-20 pages. I'm on page 11 right now. But I'm on a roll right now and it's going to be done. But doing this paper I've noticed that a lot of people don't think highly on recruiters, but honestly I think recruiters are the coolest people in some cases. I brought my first ten pages in today and he edited them and when I came back and expected just some grammar corrections and stuff, but he amazingly edited it. Told me sentences to add and paragraphs to add in between and stuff. Then he walked me through my paper paragraph by paragraph explaining why he put each correction or though. His edit alone is going to increase my paper two pages. I know a lot of people think recruiters just do things for you until you go to boot camp and then they forget you, but really some recruiters just kick @$$. There was no reason he had to read my 10 pages and take the time to hardcore edit it, but he did. SSgt Jox > Other Recruiters

Dzoavits
03-27-07, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fILB18kOEuc

Here's a trick I found if you're having trouble adding length to your paper.

Soon2BeVIP
03-27-07, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fILB18kOEuc

Here's a trick I found if you're having trouble adding length to your paper.
Haha that is hilarious...whoever thought of that is amazing

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-27-07, 10:06 PM
Marines do not lie or cheat, so I am going to say I am opposed to such a trick.

however, it was a freaking genuis idea!

Soon2BeVIP
03-27-07, 11:20 PM
Marines do not lie or cheat, so I am going to say I am opposed to such a trick.

however, it was a freaking genuis idea!
Thank you for the reminder sir. I almost considered it...but even if I wanted to my last point and conclusion is going to bring it to page 18 anyways so there is no need for it. But I do think it's amazing still