PDA

View Full Version : COWARDS GIVE UP ON GIs - & GIVE IN TO EVIL

thedrifter
02-17-07, 08:30 AM
COWARDS GIVE UP ON GIs - & GIVE IN TO EVIL
By RALPH PETERS

February 17, 2007 -- PROVIDING aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime is treason. It's not "just politics." It's treason.

And signaling our enemies that Congress wants them to win isn't "supporting our troops."

The "nonbinding resolution" telling the world that we intend to surrender to terrorism and abandon Iraq may be the most disgraceful congressional action since the Democratic Party united to defend slavery.

The vote was a huge morale booster for al Qaeda, for Iraq's Sunni insurgents, and for the worst of the Shia militias.

The message Congress just sent to them all was, "Hold on, we'll stop the surge, we're going to leave - and you can slaughter the innocent with our blessing."

We've reached a low point in the history of our government when a substantial number of legislators would welcome an American defeat in Iraq for domestic political advantage.

Yes, some members voted their conscience. But does anyone believe they were in the majority?

This troop surge might not work. We can't know yet. But we can be damned sure that the shameful action taken on the Hill while our troops are fighting isn't going to help.

And a word about those troops: It's going to come as a shock to the massive egos in Congress, but this resolution won't hurt morale - for the simple reason that our men and women in uniform have such low expectations of our politicians that they'll shrug this off as business as usual.

This resolution has teeth, though: It's going to bite our combat commanders. By undermining their credibility and shaking the trust of their Iraqi counterparts, it makes it far tougher to build the alliances that might give Iraq a chance.

If you were an Iraqi, would you be willing to trust Americans and risk your life after the United States Congress voted to abandon you?

Now that Donald Rumsfeld's gone, the Democrats are doing just what they pilloried the former Secretary of Defense for doing: Denying battlefield commanders the troops and resources they need.

Congresswoman Pelosi, have you no shame?

As a former soldier who still spends a good bit of time with those in uniform, what infuriates me personally is the Doublespeak, Stalin-Prize lie that undercutting our troops and encouraging our enemies is really a way to "support our troops."

As for bringing them home, why not respect the vote the troops themselves are taking: Sustained re-enlistment rates have been at a record high.

And our soldiers and Marines know they'll go back to Iraq or Afghanistan. And no, Senator Kerry, it's not because they're too stupid to get a "real" job like yours or because they're "mercenaries." Some Americans still believe in America.

If our troops are willing to fight this bitter war, how dare Congress knife them in the back?

On Thursday night, I was in Nashville as a guest of the 506th Regimental Combat Team - with whom I'd spent all too brief a time in Baghdad.

The occasion was their welcome-home ball, complete with dress uniforms spangled with awards for bravery. Proud spouses sat beside their returned warriors.

Of course, those soldiers were glad to be home with their loved ones. But they also know they'll go back to one theater of war or another - and no one complained.

They share a value that Congress has forgotten: duty. They're willing to bear the weight of the world on their shoulders. Because they know that freedom has a price.

As you entered the ballroom for the event, the first thing you saw was a line of 34 photographs. A single white candle softly lit each frame. Those were the members of the 506th who didn't come home.

Soldiers honor their dead. It's the least Congress could do to honor the living men and women in uniform.

You don't support our troops by supporting our enemies.

---Ralph Peters' latest book is "Never Quit The Fight."

rockyusmc
02-17-07, 12:17 PM
the turn coats in congress have managed to undermine our troopsand give aid and comfort to those who would kill our people.murtha who wants to"slow bleed"the war so that our troops are furthur in harms way.the ones that supported the non binding resolution are all turncoats and traitors.ultimately i and others like me will remember them at the voting booth.the gutless cowards are afraid to say what they really mean,that is their hatred of president bush,which began before he even took office.:usmc:

rockyusmc
02-17-07, 12:20 PM
those in congress have no courage or shame.pelosi heads the pack,with murtha her little lap dog following.

FistFu68
02-17-07, 12:48 PM
:evilgrin: THE B**CH ACT'S AS IF SHE REALLY CARE'S ABOUT LIFE,(PELOSI)IRONIC THAT SHE BAC'S LEGALIZED ABORTION SO STAUNCHLY!!!THAT'S MURDER~OF HELPLESS CHILDREN!!!:mad:

rockyusmc
02-17-07, 01:25 PM
thats typical of all those sob's.they are all mealy mouthe4d liars.she should get on her broom and fly around withhellary

jinelson
02-17-07, 02:40 PM
Thank God the senate grew a set of balls and put a stop to the collaboration with the enemy. Pelosi should be tried for treason along with Mecca Murtha.

Jim

MIKECHRY
02-17-07, 03:40 PM
God Help Us If Hilary Makes It To The White House

d c taveapont
02-17-07, 03:41 PM
i don't believe that those in congress would want the USA too lose this war....come on now..be realistic about things....after all..even the CiC said that it was faulty intelligence....that got the...

rockyusmc
02-17-07, 03:51 PM
is that why pelosi,murtha and the rest want to cut off the moneyfor thetroops?is that why they want to get the troops out of there asap?thse in congress hate the pres.somuch they have undermined our troops and let the enemy understand that our politicians dont support the troops.

d c taveapont
02-17-07, 11:41 PM
I don't think that was is being done. is too undermine the Troops or the President....Some how some way...Things will get figured out...after all...didn't or doesn't the troops have funding for a year or so...even longer i think...To me Iraq is a old dead horse....that we are trying to resurrect...and that is going to take a miracle gents....

rockyusmc
02-18-07, 05:54 AM
d.c.it has been in all the media that the pres.is stupid,has no brains,didnt serve in the military.they have been against this war from the beginning.they have called our military murderers.they are in favor of giving pows the same rights as american citizens.how can you say that they are not undermining our troops?

OLE SARG
02-18-07, 10:14 AM
I guess pelosi, murtha, and schemer, are on their high horses since their NON-BINDING BS didn't pass. Supposedly they are going to flood the floor with legislation about how they are against the troops in Iraq. I say to them - GO SCREW YOURSELF WITH A BAYONET!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

rockyusmc
02-18-07, 10:44 AM
sarge.oooorah.up the corps!!!

ridingcrops
02-20-07, 09:26 AM
Anyone here see a resemblence to VietNam? There we had a bunch of cowards who wouldn't even fight for their own country and when it was taken by the North they blamed the US.
Well we have the same thing here, these coward Iraqis want us to do the fighting and dying and then they ***** because WE didn't stop these insurgents. The same insurgents WE managed to help get started in the fight against us.
And everyone says "bad intelligence". BS! The whole picture was a lie from start to finish.
First it was WMDs, then it was nation building as it says in the constitution etc,etc,etc.
The intelligence was manipulated for this deserting coward to get his way. Now the repubs says the Dems voted for war when in fact they voted a resolution to go to war AFTER ALL DIPLOMATIC CHANNELS had been exploited which they never were even looked at.
And those on herre have the nerve to say anything about Murtha who is one of us and SERVED! That is the key word here people, men who served and their actions. Not those of the liars in the White House who derserted or dodged the draft 5 times because they were too busy.
I support every troop in the field without exception since I and many here were those troops in the past. But this war is BS and the corruption and manipulation to get us there is not right.
I can't understand why you guys take half truths and use them as fact. Why not use the real facts and you would see that we should leave Iraq and MAKE those chicken s*** bastards stand up for themselves. Or are we going to see a repeat of the fall of Saigon and DaNang were they left their families and ran like hell to get on planes out of the country?
I cannot with good intent speak oput against those who served and carry the party line of draft dodging cowards and deserting cowards as fact when it is shown repeatedly that they lie about eveything. I'd be surprised if that deserting coward in the White House even knew what the truth was since his only truth is to line his pockets with no bid contracts and helping his rich buddies get even richer at the expense of our troops lives.

rockyusmc
02-20-07, 10:10 AM
in response,murtha regardless of his service isNOT entitled to call our troops murderers!as for service,clinton got himself a billet to beat the draft .when he got ahigh number. he backed out of his commitment.you obviously have forgotten that the protesters in the nam era,called all of you baby killers and worse. if you ve read past items here, you see our support is for our troops!!murtha may be one of your heroes,but why is he cutting funding to the troops?you are following the party line of hate president bush.

ridingcrops
02-20-07, 10:58 AM
I haven't heard Murtha calling our troops murderers. And as far as the party line you seem to be towing it pretty well by bringing up Clinton. Yes he got his ONE deferment to go to England to be a Rhoads scholar. He didn't get FIVE and say he was too busy to serve like the draft dodger Cheney. Now that is the party line. And you people always bring up Clinton when you have nothing to stand on.
How about a deserting coward who got daddy to jump him over 100,000 names to join the Guyard and then deserted that?
And no I haven't forgotten the protesters when I got back from Nam.
And I do support our troops just not this war with no end in sight and no leadership around. And it's not a party line to hate bush because I hate all the deserting cowards and draft dodgers who refuse to serve their country and then blame others for their lack of courage or commitment.
Just once I'd like to see someone offer a reasonable excuse about why Cheney the draft dodger or bush the deserting coward has any right to lead real men in action. And without bringing up Con and his BJ from Monica. The only thing the repubs could get him on in 8 years. Wasted time and money for that and only because they caught him in a hetro thing going on. Maybe he would have been okay if he were caught with little boys or gay call boys on midnight tours of the White House like a lot of these repubs have been caught since the days of Reagan who by the way screwed vets out of thier benefits.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-07, 04:06 PM
Then, who, in your opinion, DOES have the 'right' to 'lead real men into action'???

Hillary! ?

Obama?

Kerry?

Murtha?

I don't see any of those individuals that have what you are looking for, either. No one on the left side of the aisle is worth a good tinkers *amn.

OLE SARG
02-21-07, 09:03 AM
Sgt. Leprechaun,
Ole crops must have blinders on!!!!! If he remembers the protestors from Vietnam, surely he remembers his hero john ****ing kerry, the piece of feces, enemy loving *******!!!!!!!!! Or the fact that slick willie lied his ass off under oath - a good mark for a ****ing demo!!!!! AND slick willie just about had our military down to the worst it has ever been.
And the list for the right to lead real men into action looks like the FOUR STOOGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OUTSTANDING QUOTE -----"No one on the left side of the aisle is worth a good tickers damn"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SEMPER FI,

ridingcrops
02-21-07, 02:17 PM
And ole sarge and sgt lep would pick who? Maybe a deserter or a five times draft dodger?
I would faollow either one of them to a **** contest.
And Clinton had to deal with a repub congress who fought him at every turn and spent eight years trying to get something on him and had to settle for asking him about his playing around with Monica.
But if you follow these repubs be sure you don't ask and don't tell since almost all of them has been caught dealing with gay call boys like the fake reporter they placed in the White House press room. And as far as lies since the reporter is just one how about the WMDs that never existed? And outing a CIA agent because her husband proved they were lying about everything? And they keep saying how the Dems in Congress voted for this war when in reality they voted for it AFTER ALL DIPLOMATIC CHANNELS failed. But this derserting coward didn't even try and everyone in the world told him he should.
Now they are saying things about terrorists in Iraq who weren't there till we invaded without any plan except to show his daddy he could do it.
You do seem to like pointing out what's wrong with people like Murtha who SERVED and didn't desert. And Kerry who VOLUNTEERED for combat and no he didn't say he witnessed the attrocitisy he was told about them.
And you have to remember who was in power when we ran out on VietNam, it was the repubs. Yeah I remember all of it because I was there.
And are you really trying to compare Clinton lying about his play with Monica to lying about WMDs that were never there?

rockyusmc
02-21-07, 02:44 PM
crop,you either read different news papers than i do.every thing you quote is right out of the liberal handbook.you keep hammering bush. the war in nam was started and escalated by two dems. jfk and lbj.lets face it nothing i say will change your mind and nopthing you say will change mine. so you keep on believing what you want. this above all to thine own self be true,then you can not be false to any man.:usmc:

FistFu68
02-21-07, 03:04 PM
:evilgrin: THE FOUR STOOGE'S(LMFAO)!!!'CHIT THEY BEST LET,THE FORMER MAJOR;MARION BERRY!HE KNOW'S THE AREA,AND HE ADMITTED SMOKING THE CHIT~(LMAO)~INDEPENDALITY YOU'RS~THE GEEN PRICK!:beer:

FistFu68
02-21-07, 03:34 PM
~The Green Prick~lol

Sgt Leprechaun
02-21-07, 11:28 PM
Crops, here goes...bit by bit... <br />
<br />
Prove that Bush deserted, or that Cheney is a draft dodger. All I ask. Just provide proof. NOT political proof, but solid, no kiddin proof. Were they ever...

rockyusmc
02-22-07, 06:06 AM
i salute you for your answer to crop.i wish i could have done as well/i get most of my info by reading news papers from the left and the right.the left always try to shout you down.free speech is only for them.if crop really wants the truth,he should go back and read what kerry and murtha had to say about our military.as for me,i support our troops and their mission.:usmc:

OLE SARG
02-22-07, 12:52 PM
Damn crop, take a deep breath and come back down off the ceiling.

Sgt. Leprechaun and rocky - DAMN GOOD REPLYS!!!!!!!!!! AND TTTRRRUUUEEE!!!!!!!!

I want to ask crop so bad if he is kin to 10th!!!!!!!!!!! HE HE

SEMPER FI,

fmoyer
02-22-07, 01:46 PM
Good read Sgt Leprechaun fine job of speaking out the way some of us feel , fine job. Semper Fi !!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-23-07, 06:51 AM
Thanks all & S/F!

The Leprechaun

"Of all reporters, the Irish, if they have a poetic streak in them and can stay reasonably sober, probably make the best." --Stanley Walker

That's where my gift of writing comes from....I make no claims about having any kind of great learned skill...merely a nice genetical accident :)

ridingcrops
02-23-07, 04:39 PM
Well I guess you showed me huh.
But no I don't get my information from the leftist news. I actually look into it.
As far as the deserting coward I guess those who were there are wrong. Why listen to the truth when you can make it up as you go along. And that means going along with the party line.
The gay repubs of course are so much better than the gay Dems. But I guess that doesn't count with Reagans White House and the midnight tours with the gay call boys and then sending the Sercret Service to take the evidence away from the DC police claiming it was not a city crime and then the evidence disappears. And one of the people who had first hand evidence is found dead in New York before he could testify. But why let facts get in the way of your truth. Sort of like the ones who like to point oput that Gore only took pictures when he was sent to Nam. Meaning he did his job or woould you rather all those in uniform decided what job they would do so it looks better for them in the future. After all that's what the deserting coward did or is the guy who was the commanding officer wrong because he didn't haul the party line.
And there never were any WMDs after the first gulf war and no capabilities of making them since the means had been destroyed. Saddam had a lot of people BSed when he hampered the inspectors to make people think he still had them. But everyone of the inspectors said there were no WMDs. I guess the Dems have a lot of pull in the world to get those inspectors to lie to suit their needs. Or as a repub told me Saddam sent them to Syria,( His avowed enemy), to use another time. Oh how convenient.
And I don't think outing ANY agent in the field no matter how smalll or large is the right thing to do. But then you say it as if I think it's okay if the "liberal Press" doesn't it it's okay.
And dubya being a coward has nothing to do with listening to Old Europe except for the fact that you can twist things around to suit your needs. The US armed Iraq to begin with when the Iranians took over our embassy in the late 70s and we thought we could control Saddam or is that something that you forgot? And when we had the chance to stop the clown with the first Bush we didn't and stopped short of kicking his butt out when we should have in the early 90s. But being a deserting coward and having witnesses who were there at the time to say he never showed up when he was ordered there shouldn't be listened to because they are probably reading the wrong papers. I wish I would have been reading those papers and had been chicken s*** enough to be a deserter instead of going to Nam myself. But since I did maybe you want to say I'm a friend of Hanoi Jane like these none serving cowards I work with like to say about me for having served in Nam. I always thought that b****h was a friend of deserters and draft dodgers. Funny she hasn't been invited to the White House yet. Must be waiting for an invitation from other Viet vets like me since we seem to be thought of as friends of hers for having served and those who deserted and dodged the draft are such good repub heros. You can tell by all those in office who served, all maybe ten of them.
And your statement about me wanting terrorist in California is just another way you repubs and deserting coward supporters have nothing of substance to say. Of course I want them right here and of course I want to "negotiate" with them because that is exactly what I said. No wait, that's another way to twist things around to suit your needs. Something you seem to be able to do for the whole post I made. I said there were not any connections with terrorist UNTIL we invaded Iraq. There were not terrorist ties at all and it started after we sent troops. And that is a fact that there were NO TIES with terrorists till we sent troops and they recruited all they could get to come after us and other coilition forces. But then you see that as me wanting them here in our streets, very repub of you. Twist away and find something else stupid to say. This coming from a good friend of Hanoi Jane who was my hero while I was being shot at in Nam, DOING MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And like it or not Kerry volunteered for combat. How he got his medals, who knows. Acorrding to the repubs he was playing with hand grenade, three time???????? You ever use a grenade? You think you are going to make the same mistake three times and get away with it? And I guess the Green Beret he saved was just a Dem towing the party line too. He must have been because it doesn't fall into the picture you and the Swift Boatees paint of Kerry. You remember them? The ones who their own leader said was full of cr** and that all they were saying was lies. But then you wouldn't bother to look that up becuase you would say he was a liberal and the media is lying.
And when he testified before Congress he was looking for a way to save lives since they wouldn't let us fight and kept us from going after those slopes all the time with some excuse led by the CIC who was Nixon and should have told us to go for it. Just like now when you seem to think it's okay for the deserting coward to do what he wants but Nixon couldn't. And it wasn't an all Dem Congress back then either. How convenient for you to twist that around too.
And since the CIC didn't seem to have the b**** to let us fight in Nam you find it easy to blame Congress just like you are doing now. They had no plan going in and now they have no plan to get out. Nothing said about cut and run but hell at least have an exit strategy. At least the Dems think about giving them 14 months to get their act together so they know they have to stand up for themselves. Unlike the repub Steele from Maryland who said leave in 60 days. Then asks the Dems what will happen to the country if we leave in 14 months, hell what would happen if the repubs left in 60 days. And when shown the things they are thinking about they keep asking what is your plan. Well you can only tell them about 30 times and they keep asking. Are they all that stupid?
Guess I wouldn't know since as the repubs say Viet vets are all friends Hanoi Jane and we love her so much.

semperfi170
02-23-07, 06:00 PM
Ridingcrops:
Really now! I respect the fact that you served, but your ramblings reek from lack of grammatical correctness, making your diatribes hard to read. Addtionally, when and where has the Republican party ever said Viet vets are friends of *******!?

ridingcrops
02-23-07, 06:11 PM
Everyone I know says Viet vets are friends of Hanoi Jane.
Funny that she is a friend of Viet vets when in the 60s and 70s she was always backing deserters and draft dodgers.
And it's not ramblings it's facts, those are things that don't seem to get in the way of the truth when it comes to repubs.
Really do you think that the deserting coward knows what he is doing? All the Generals and senior military advisors are telling him that he is handling this wrong and he refuses to listen. But then the Generals are probably wrong since they have been in the military for so long and don't seem to have the experience that the deserting coward has. Maybe they are all friends of Hanoi Jane too.

semperfi170
02-23-07, 06:19 PM
Funny, you must hang around a wierd crowd! I have never in the yeaqrs since Nam and all the protests heard anyone say that. Also, where have ever seen it written in a reputable source? I believe you need to get your facts straight! Your ramblings are just that, ramblings! Get off the subject!!!

OLE SARG
02-23-07, 08:41 PM
The demos, as I hate to repeat myself, have ONLY ONE AGENDA - CUT AND ****ING RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that so hard for you to get thru your gourd crops??????? The demos did it in Vietnam and they want the same **** to happen NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speak for your self crops, but I ain't no friend of hanoi jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

MIKECHRY
02-24-07, 06:41 AM
Omg!!!!!! News Flash!!!! Vietnam Vets Are not fonda Jane! I Have Two Uncles That Were In Nam And The One Thing They Would Agree On Is Jane Fonda Is A ****ing Traitor.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-24-07, 10:33 AM
EVERYone you know says Viet vets are friends of Hanoi Jane? Good god, man, who the hell do you know? I've never once, ever, heard that crap.

I'll get to the rest of your post later today. Much clarification to do.

DWG
02-24-07, 12:57 PM
Sounds to me like some one(RC) needs to take off his little tin foil hat and get back on his meds!:confused:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-24-07, 02:15 PM
Okaaaay.....and, we're off! My responses follow that of ridingcrops. NOT every sentence of his long tidbit of information was replicated, but it's available for checking my facts on page 2. <br />
<br />
<br />

DWG
02-24-07, 03:38 PM
[quote]WHAT? That is a line of horsecrap. I've never heard of something like that being said. Now, that doesn't mean it hasn't been....but...could it be.....that your "none serving cowards" you "work with" are perhaps...jerking your chain, because they know you flip out or go on a rant? More and more, I think they are saying this stuff because you probably provide some entertainment when they do. [quote]

I think ya hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD!! Sgt L. :thumbup:

Gawd, you've got a butt load of patience to respond to all of that rationally! This one's for you-:beer: x many!!

Sgt Leprechaun
02-24-07, 04:04 PM
Thanks! I'll take ya up on that!

OLE SARG
02-24-07, 06:30 PM
Sgt Leprechaun,
That was one hell of a post and a reply. I am anxious to see crops' reply!!

SEMPER FI,

FistFu68
02-24-07, 06:44 PM
:evilgrin: DON'T, EVEN GET ME;STARTED ON HANOI JANE'S AZZ:evilgrin: :thumbdown

Sgt Leprechaun
02-25-07, 05:30 AM
Thanks Ole Sarg!

"So in the Libyan fable it is told That once an eagle, stricken with a dart, Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft, `With our own feather, not by others' hands, Are we now smitten.'"--Aeschylus

ridingcrops
02-27-07, 01:41 PM
By the way rocky if you really look into VietNam it was Ike who first sent advisors there not JFK or LBJ. They did escalate but JFK was about to pull out when he was killed.
And as for proof about the deserting coward all the witnesses who were there when he failed to show up as ordered must all be Dems I guess. And Cheney himself said "I was too busy to serve." Out of his own mouth so how much proof do you need?
And Semperfi170 the repub I was talking about are a bunch of tow the line repubs I work with who say that Viet vets are friends of Hanoi Jane.
And I get my information from a variety of places I don't have to read liberal papers because everyone calls them liberal when they say things you don't like.

rockyusmc
02-27-07, 02:47 PM
crops, if you been following these posts,then you know what ive said before.i cant convince you and you cant convince me.i only know this,all liberals hared the president from day one.you have bought into their play book.the facts that i read and quote come from many sources. you sir have aclosed mind. you only believe what suits what you want to believe.so be it. i will not respond to any thing furthur.you and will never agree.

OLE SARG
02-28-07, 08:58 AM
crops,
demos still have the "cut and run" agenda and no way in hell can you JUSTIFY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ramble all you want to but it ain't gonna do you any good!!!!
Read the RIGHT info and you will get your head screwed on right!!

SEMPER FI,

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-07, 10:44 AM
Everyone calls liberal papers "liberal" because..well, they are!

You are correct in that Ike sent in the first advisors, however, those advisors were under the MAAG program. Things didn't escalate until LBJ, who used the fake Tonkin Gulf resolution (our ships were not attacked on 6 August,but LBJ skewed the books and reporting to make it seem like they were, because he was in an election fight against Goldwater, and he didn't want to be perceived as 'weak on defense'......geee....that sounds somehow familiar).

Again with the 'vets are friends of hanoi jane' bit. I think they are jerkin yer chain to watch you flip out.

"All the witnesses that were there when he failed to show up". Great line, thus absolving you of any responsibility to back up these claims.

I have heard the Cheney line before. So noted. Ya got me there. Dang. Does that mean that any 18-32 year old who does not serve nowadays because they are 'too busy' are also worthy of approbation? I'd be curious to know your thoughts on that one.

semperfi170
02-28-07, 10:53 AM
crops:

Ole Sarg is right! You need to get your head screwed on right!!!! Learn to read, listen to those that have the experience, then form an opinion. You need to be more discerning about what you believe. Additionally, I may be wrong and have to check some actual historcal references, but I seem to remember Truman (a democrat) sent the first advisors to Nam. Also, I have not been able to find any solid reference that JFK was going to pull out the advisors.

The only Nam vets that would be friends of hanoi jane, would be individuals like kerry and his friends. Also dems like jimmy carter and billy it wasn't sex clinton and wife.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-07, 11:00 AM
Gunny, I seemed to think it was Truman as well, but I couldn't prove that one for sure. If so, it no doubt would have also been under the MAAG program. I know we airdropped some OSS guys into IndoChina at the end of WWII who actually met with, and helped, Ho Chi Minh, but not sure of the Korean vintage.

DWG
02-28-07, 11:44 AM
Wouldn't have been Truman, remember Viet Nam was French Indo-China until they got their a$$es kicked out in the mid-fifties. I doubt if they needed or wanted our help in losing their war. Any OSS would have been there during WW2 to help kill Japs.(The last thing the whole world agreed needed doing!;) )

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-07, 11:49 AM
True, but at the time, Ho was killin Japs! So, sending him help would have made some sense. Of course, since the French didn't want to give up their 'overseas empire', we got sucked in to a war because of them.

Damn Frogs!

DWG
02-28-07, 12:27 PM
No, unfortunately we got sucked into a war because we refused to accept the results of the post-french elections that made uncle ho the president of all of Viet Nam. Sad but true!

Only the frogs fault because they couldn't finish what they started! Should have let the Legion run the war.

rockyusmc
02-28-07, 02:40 PM
so,where is everybody going to be on march 17th?my family and i will be with the eagles and all those who support our troops and their mission.hanoi jane and her crowd will be able to see us.she was atraitor then and is one now.

drumcorpssnare
03-01-07, 03:15 PM
"...and now, a half-time score on the 'Cowards Give Up' debate between ridingcrops and SgtLeprechaun....

SgtLeprechaun......99
ridingcrops............ 0

...sounds to me like ridingcrops' lobotomy didn't fully take. So, he needs to get back on his thorazine drip.:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-07, 03:20 PM
"The liberals are always after me magical lucky charms!!!"

rockyusmc
03-01-07, 04:31 PM
sgt.leprechan,i salute you!plus ROFLMAO.SEPER FIDELIS:flag: