PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters

thezero
02-08-07, 03:33 PM
Okay, my dad when he was a recruiter recieved the Centurion Award, along with being recruiter of the year for New England. And he said that the Centurion Award was hard for a recruiter to recieve unless they were a life time recruiter. And also I was wondering how many others have recieved the before mentioned award, or what other kinds of awards are there that recruiters have/can recieve

cplbrooks
02-10-07, 01:00 AM
The centurian award is a recruiting award. It means that you have put in 100 people. A normal recruiting tour is now 3 years. It means that he would have to contract an average of 2.5 people a month for his entire tour each and every month. The average is 1.6 per month. So yes, it means your dad was very good or he would have to be a career recruiter and be on the bag for more than three years.

I am willing to bet that you didnt see much of him for those three years :)

thezero
02-13-07, 11:08 AM
The centurian award is a recruiting award. It means that you have put in 100 people. A normal recruiting tour is now 3 years. It means that he would have to contract an average of 2.5 people a month for his entire tour each and every month. The average is 1.6 per month. So yes, it means your dad was very good or he would have to be a career recruiter and be on the bag for more than three years.

I am willing to bet that you didnt see much of him for those three years :)

He was a recruiter before I was born wow 2.5 people a month it doesn't seem alot but the time it takes to find the one's who are willing to join must be a pain

cplbrooks
02-13-07, 05:58 PM
Finding people who are willing to join isnt a problem. It is finding qualified people who are willing to join, pass the test, pass the physical and have parents that dont torpedo the whole thing once the guy commits to joining. That is why it is important to talk to so many applicants, to make up for the ones that fall out. 2.5 is a very good average to maintain over a long period of time.