PDA

View Full Version : Could use some PT advise

TheBiggness
02-07-07, 12:38 PM
I'm still slowly getting closer to my 227lb weight class. I'm a 290 right now not loosing weight but loosing body fat. I'm a big fan of the daily sixteen conditioning exersises, hell it's got me doubleing my push-up reps every week. I was told It's not smart for me to run yet because the roads out here are far from flat and running down hill right now will tear up my knees till I can loose a few more.
I was gonna ask whats some of your favorite exercises? or some ideas about getting my damn metabolism to speed up.
I would greatly appriciate any input.

HardJedi
02-07-07, 12:42 PM
So don't run. Join a gym. Ride a sationairy bike. get on an eliptical machine. anything cardio is good for speeding up metabolic rate. ( at least, that's what i do when i want to lose weight) I never COULD stand running.

as for push ups, they are great, but how many PULL ups can you do? ;)

wdbeck
02-07-07, 01:57 PM
One of the best PT advisors I have ever met is GySgt. Tony Haynes, who writes a PT column for www.oo-rah.com (http://www.oo-rah.com). You can follow this link to Semper Fitness and review everything he and my son, Gannon, have written over the years. http://www.oo-rah.com/Store/gen/pt.asp. Good luck, and Semper Fidelis!

Depumo
02-15-07, 06:11 PM
All you have to do is work your heart. When you strengthen your heart, the rate at which your body burns energy is quicker. Just work on a Bowflex, do light weights with high reps when your lifting.

Wolfpack22
02-16-07, 04:21 AM
go to your local gym, and join one of those cardio classes. most gyms have them. they usually run for about an hour, and do a mix of stationary bike, jump rope, some medicine ball work, maybe some abs, stuff like that. they're fast paced and get your heart pumping. extremely tiring if you work hard and don't cheat yourself. great way to lose weight without running. especially since running can be so boring a lot of the time.

candi
02-16-07, 08:14 AM
Most gyms will have something like cardio-kickboxing...or you can always start taking some martial arts classes nearby..
Really, any kind of cardio will benefit you, swimming is a good one also for a low impact cardio workout.

TheBiggness
02-16-07, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
I'm gonna put together my own program at home because the local gym is 40 miles away and I got a v-8 Olds. I'm thinking throwing in some boxing and kicking moves kinda like that guy that sold those cardio videos. Hell I'm gonna throw in every thing I can to keep me moving for a half hour, then work on going for an hour or so.