PDA

View Full Version : Chances?

bigfoot1188
02-07-07, 11:22 AM
Alright so i have posted a few posts before about an MOS I am trying to get and i had a quick question. So im trying to get Combat Photographer although before I get any word of it I have to send in a portfolio of my work. As of now I am working hard taking pictures and getting ready to send it in hopefully some time this week. Now down to business my question is does any know what kind of odds I am going against or the chances of me getting this MOS so late into my Poolee year???? Any info woul dbe more than greatful!

....By the way I ship for MCRD San Diego on june 4th

thanks much

-poolee Davis

cplbrooks
02-07-07, 11:49 AM
I have a poolie in that program now. I also have a Marine at the school at Ft. Meade in MD.

What is your AFQT score? What is your GT score? What are your other ASVAB line scores? You may not qualify for the job. No way to know without the scores.

Your recruiting district may not have any slots available for that job at this time. Trust me, if you qualify and your recruiter can get the job then he will give it to you. What is your current job field that you signed up for?

bigfoot1188
02-07-07, 11:53 AM
honestly I dont remember my GT score I know I got a 70 on my ASFAB. As of now I am signed up for tanks and amphibous assault. I have been talkin gto my recruiter and all he has said to me is get him my portfolio and he will send it in and find out from there

cplbrooks
02-07-07, 11:56 AM
with a 70 you should be good to go with most of your line scores. Just do what your recruiter says. He will take care of you.

I have an idea. Be a tanker and then take some pictures when you go and get some. Then you will be doing both. The pay is the same. LOL

bigfoot1188
02-07-07, 11:58 AM
haha thank you very much sir...yea I have been considering that. Ya know talking o some newspapers getting a contract with them to take pictures and still do tanking. Anyway thanks for the info it helps a lot.