View Full Version : "The Rally for America"

thedrifter
02-01-07, 03:39 PM
"The Rally for America"
January 31, 2007
Major Pain

Glenn Beck

Taken from Glenn Beck-Thanks bj

BECK: You know, I read something earlier this weekend that really disturbed me. It was this anti-war rally in Washington, D.C. A protester reportedly spit on an Iraq war veteran. This is a guy who risked his life. He lost a limb in the name of his country.

Let me be clear. Have we learned nothing from Vietnam? You know, before the Iraq war started, I organized a tour around the country called "The Rally for America". Liberal media marked it as a war rally. It wasn`t. It was a rally for our troops. It was a time for us to get together and promise each other something.

Tens of thousands of people came from all around the country. We were there to make a promise to ourselves and to our troops. And it is a promise that I stand by today, and I believe you do, as well.

It was a promise that we learned our lesson well in Vietnam, that no matter what, we would stand by our troops. We would support them through this war, you know, that we would be there as they fought with everything that they`ve got and we`ve got. And we wouldn`t handcuff them, that we would get the job done quickly, and we would bring our men and women home.

You know, I want you to really think about this tonight. What would you do if somebody handed you a gun and told you to put another human being in the cross-hairs and squeeze the trigger? That is what we ask our soldiers to do in our name every day.

We ask them to go against everything that they were taught as children, to go against everything that they stand for, as we stand for, as human beings, all in the name of this country and our security.

And in exchange, we tell them that they have our support and what they`re doing is OK.

You know what? I can`t imagine what it`s like to have to kill another human being. Not just one but many. And I refuse to allow anyone to put these men through any more hell than war because of politics. Like it or not, we asked them as a nation to go and do this. And guess what? We`re in it. So let`s stand by their side.

This weekend, thousands of Americans marched on Capitol Hill to protest the war in Iraq. You know what? Antiwar protesters, you have a right to speak out. This is America. Speak out.

But a young veteran, who was at that rally, there to support our troops, says that someone spit on him.

Whatever the claims, the details of the story, it`s not really about this incident. This incident is a reminder. It is a reminder to all of us about a promise we made to ourselves, or should have.

Listen and listen well. You can disagree with this war. You can -- you can support the war or not support. You can yell from the highest mountaintop that you don`t want this to turn into another Vietnam. Well, you know what? None of us do. I don`t, you don`t. None of us. Why would we want to turn a war into another national nightmare?

I`ll support your right to speak out, but I will not support your right to spit on our soldiers or in any other way hurt their morale. You start taking apart our soldiers, and you`ve got to come through me and millions like me.

It is time to draw a line in the sand. We need to win this war, bring our troops home. When they come home, we need to celebrate them, throw parades in their honors and welcome them as heroes. We will not humiliate them. We will not mistreat our soldiers again.

Ellie

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-07, 04:35 PM
I wholeheartedly SUPPORT the 'right' of an anti war protestor to spit on any member of the military.

After having done so, I also support the RIGHT of that soldier, sailor, airman, Marine, Coastie, and any of their friends, relatives, passerby, or minor children, to stomp said protestor into a small, insignficant piece of goo on the sidewalk, to be washed into the gutter and down the sewer system.

Remember, if you are in the Chesapeake Bay watershed area, it might be considered polluting the bay to do so, so be forewarned.

bigdog43701
02-01-07, 05:10 PM
everyone needs to remember this:

two people have died for you...
Jesus died for your soul..and the soldier died for your freedom.

DO NOT FORGET

sgt tony
02-01-07, 07:04 PM
We need to have a Support our Troop rally again in America. I will try to do it here in Oklahoma if you will. We will be having a Loyalty Day Parade here in Sapulpa Oklahoma April 28 @ 1400 so I will see if we can get this done at the same time.

What do you all think?

Semper Fi