PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays?

JennyJake
02-09-03, 10:56 AM
Has anyone ever had a birthday while in bootcamp?

What kind of "party", if any, should I expect from the Drill Instructors?

Should I try to push my ship date till afterwards?

Thanks!

JennyJake

Earle Comstock
02-09-03, 11:05 AM
You will get no party , nor will you be treated differently than any other recruit . Although you will remember that birthday for the rest of your life .

Good luck to you

ktriplett
02-09-03, 11:47 AM
Party? What do you need a party for? From what I hear, everyday at boot camp is a party. You get to wake up early, get free food, they let you do lots of good PT, and you get cool clothes. Now, where else do you get a great deal like that? Who needs a party?

Seeley
02-09-03, 03:08 PM
I'm going to have my 18th brirthday in boot if all goes as planned. Graduate high school when I'm 17 and turn 18 in August. Told my mom I'd wait until after the 4th of July so I could spend it with my family. Sheeze...I still have to wait until THIS August before I'm 17!

wrbones
02-09-03, 03:12 PM
Plenty of time to PT and study then ain't there, Seeley! :D

JennyJake
02-09-03, 04:15 PM
Well, it's my 23rd b-day that I'm worried about...... Nothing like being in mommy of the group.

wrbones
02-09-03, 04:20 PM
oh, hell, kid. If the Marine Corps wants you to have a birthday, they'll issue you one! :D

Seeley
02-09-03, 06:05 PM
wrbones: planning on studying a female today ;)

ktriplett
02-10-03, 01:12 AM
Don't study too hard, Seeley, you're not legal yet!! :)

USMCFOREVER
02-10-03, 09:01 PM
Just dont mention that its your birthday and you should be fine :) My buddy had his b-day in boot, and the DI's made it the "best" birthday he ever had

wrbones
02-10-03, 09:05 PM
I like studyin' females! They're fascinatin' specimens of the human species. They smell nice, usually, they're easy on the eyes, sometimes. On ocassion, they even have something to say that might be worth listening to!

Jess would probably be near the top of my list of females to study! If I were only twenty or twenty five years younger!

( I don't mind, but her Daddy might! :D)

Osotogary
02-16-03, 09:13 PM
I did this for my son when he was in SOI.
Enjoy.

greensideout
02-16-03, 10:13 PM
I had my 18th birthday in boot camp.

PRIVATE "GREEN", FALL OUT!

SIR, YES SIR!

PRIVATE "GREEN", YOU ARE THE COMPANY RUNNER. REPORT TO BATTALION HEADQUARTERS!

I did not have a clue where Battalion Headquarters was!

My DI of course told me and I moved out.

I reported in and was told to sit at the position of attention at the end of the walkway on a chair with my weapon. I was to come to the standing position of attention whenever any approached. I was jumping up and down all day!

I was given a message to be taken to a highter command, across the grinder, to one of those buildings that had the Marine Corps emblem cast into the stonework. I was scared shi*less!
It was painless however, they just took it like I did not exist. THANK GOD, they didn't even notice me.

I returned to my chair until relieved and then returned to my company.

A wonderful birthday? Hell no! I was in bootcamp!!!

JennyJake
02-20-03, 01:49 PM
Turns out there is an open slot for me to ship out with on the 10th of March. Only 13 lbs to go!!

Ooh-rah!

BTW is it possible to get in on the pool too? LOL:D

shana
02-22-03, 08:53 AM
I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in celebrating your Birthday while at Recruit training. I ship June 23rd and if all goes well and according to schedule, I will be in (?)the Crucible on my 21st birthday. Look at it this way, you will NEVER forget that birthday:)

22DevilPup87
02-24-03, 12:50 PM
There better be another Jess in these forums that I don't know about.

I know I've been away for a little while but that doesn't mean you can talk about me, Bones.

Lock-n-Load
02-24-03, 04:57 PM
:marine: Now, that's an interesting topic...I had my 19th birthday during Marine Boot...no one ever made mention of it nor I...it was just another blastedly training day...I don't recall any other birthday by my Boot buddies either...I also celebrated my 1st Christmas away from home at Parris Island...it was holiday routine and we had all the fixings at noon/chow...odd, I never gave this experience one thought until it was posted in here...no big deal, wait a minute, my platoon was at the Rifle Range on that birthday date.:marine: :marine:

leroy8541
02-25-03, 09:04 PM
Had my 18th birthday on Edson Range in the sand box. Never forget that one.
Christmas in bootcamp was by far worse especially in SanDiego our Senior DI was from Mich and he wanted a white Christmas the whitest things in the squadbay were the fart sacks off the mattresses so we go get them and run around with them on our heads singing I'm dreaming of a white christmas.

02-26-03, 06:47 AM
Sounds intersting leroy...do the DI's do anything "special" for July 4th?

wrbones
02-26-03, 07:14 AM
AvatarofChaos, I'll tell ya. Drill Instructors are the most creative critters alive, not counting any Marine in the field! LOL