PDA

View Full Version : Question about college

futureMarine418
02-01-07, 01:35 PM
Im sure that this question has been asked before but i could not find the info i need in the forum search so here i am. I wanted to know about getting a four year degree while you are in the Marines, i need to know everything so any info anyone has will help. Sorry about the vageness but i didnt know how else to word it.

:usmc: :flag:

deppen
02-28-07, 08:54 PM
http://education.*************/money-for-school/tuition-assistance/marine-corps-tuition-assistance

Is it possible to get a 4 year degree while in? Yes. But your going to have to be willing to give up some of your personal time. The Marine Corps is going to give you TA which means they will pay for your classes. Just be determined and stick to your goals. I would advise you to do go to an Online College.

http://www.tourou.edu/

This is the college I go to. But there are plenty out there. Because wherever the Marine Corps take you, you'll pretty much always have internet.

Semper Fi

rvillac2
03-01-07, 04:34 PM
Honestly, the purpose of you joining the Corps shouldn't be to get your degree. You should spend your first enlistment becoming the best Marine you can possibly be.
Pursuing a degree in your second enlistment is admirable and most often a wise choice for career Marines.
However, if it's your ambition to get a degree, stay in school. The Corps will gladly take you after you graduate.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-01-07, 04:39 PM
You can get a four year degree in the Marines, but not in four years. You don't have time to take a full class load and be a Marine. But, you can take a class or two a most semesters.

futureMarine418
03-01-07, 07:11 PM
I know it would be nearly impossible to get a four year dergee in four years while in the Marines that is why i plan on joining for at least eight years. What i was wondering was what will it cost me? and how much time its gonna take up daily/weekly? also are online corses only offered or is there actuall class courses?

deppen
03-01-07, 07:34 PM
futureMarine418,

Depending on the college you attend. If you attend a College that requires books, you'll pay the cost of books, but the Marine Corps will cover the cost of the cost. As far as how much time, that depends on how many courses you take, and the course work the teacher gives you. The bases offer actual classes on base at every base.

Semper Fi