PDA

View Full Version : Watch

GI JOE
01-18-07, 11:11 AM
I was curious could we wear our watch during boot camp I know that’s a silly question but I have seen pics with recruits with watches on the wrists?

:flag: :banana: :flag:

Marine84
01-18-07, 11:53 AM
Oh good Lord! You want to keep track of time while you're there??????? You will have no need to do so!

IF you have seen pics of recruits with watches on - they either just got there, are on their way out (without the Title) OR they weren't recruits.

DWG
01-18-07, 12:02 PM
Back in the olden days, way long ago, you were required to lock up any watches/jewelry/etc. in your footlocker as you had no need of any of it in Boot. It also prevented loss or theft of items. Take nothing with you that you don't care to lose. The Corps will provide you with everything you need. Honest.

maverickmarine
01-18-07, 12:29 PM
Of all the things to be curious about that should be the least of your concerns. You will do it all by the numbers and will be told when and where to go and when to sleep, eat, **** etc... so you have no need for knowing what freakin' time it is, eyeball the sun if you need to. Don't take **** with you because you're just going to hand it over to either be ****caned or to be boxed up until if and when you graduate.

YLDNDN6
01-18-07, 01:26 PM
GI JOE; Bring the clothing that you are wearing, the shoes on your feet, and any specific documentation that your recruiter TELLS you to bring. NOTHING ELSE!!! Be prepared to throw away your toothbrush, comb, deodorant, aftershave, and anything else that you bring to MEPS before you get on the bus or plane to boot camp. Clear enough?

The1stSgt
01-19-07, 12:28 PM
I always appointed a "Time Body", that was the only recruit to wear a watch.

When ever I wanted a time check I would say, "Time Body, sound off", and the Time Body would sound off, "Sir, with each little tic, and each little toc, the second hand sweeps around the clock, Sir, the time on deck is ????"

drumcorpssnare
01-19-07, 01:47 PM
When I was in bootcamp, a recruit somehow got past recieving without "turning in" his watch. When our Sr. Drill Instructor saw that he flipped!

S/Sgt. Hall-"Sgt. Sitree! What is the time on deck?!"

Sgt. Sitree- "Thirteen-twenty two, S/Sgt Hall!"

S/Sgt. Hall- "Private, where on this fu*k!n watch does it say, "Thirteen twenty two?!"

Private- "Sir...?"

S/Sgt. Hall- "This watch says 'One twenty-two'!!! Does that sound like 'Thirteen twenty two?!"

Private- "No, sir!"

S/Sgt. Hall- (drops the watch on the floor, and stomps on it.) "Well then, this watch is FAULTY! It doesn't work properly, DOES IT?!"

Private- "Sir, no sir!"

S/Sgt. Hall- (walking away...) "That's what I thought!"

:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc: