PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to change my mos

jtestani41
01-10-07, 07:53 PM
My MOS is combat support how hard would it be to change it to maybe something along the lines of mechanics......any suggestions about combat support or any helpful hints about combat support fill me in please

thanks
Joey

JIPeterson
01-10-07, 08:09 PM
As far as I know, your ship date will change if you change your MOS. While I don't know fully, I think it would be a good idea if you change it before you get in. Because I think I heard you couldn't really change it until your enlistment is up or if you fluck out of your job specific school(but then, the Corps puts you where THEY need you, not where you want to go) Best thing is to go talk to your recruiter and tell him about your possibilities of wanting to change your MOS. Hope this helped

Motorola07
01-10-07, 11:22 PM
I change my MOS last saturday to 03xx, was a reservist going to active duty. Shipping out same date. But with me I had to go back up to the hotel the night before, stay the night and wake up at 0320. And go to MEPS. Real simple, just a pain in the butt to the recruiters, so make sure this is the MOS you want, because they wont let you change it the third time.