PDA

View Full Version : Anyboody?

Blaster
01-09-07, 03:59 PM
I have a cousin who was born in Mexico, but came to the U.S. when he was about three. He wants to know if he can join the Marines even though he is Illegal? He is going to graduate this year!
:!: :confused:

Marine84
01-09-07, 04:11 PM
after all this time and he's STILL illegal??????

outlaw3179
01-09-07, 04:33 PM
He might be a permanent resident , if he is then yes he can join. If not no.

GySgtRet
01-09-07, 06:46 PM
In regards to your cousin and his not becoming a resident alien. I am not so sure that would set very well with Imigration and Naturalization let alone the Marine Corps. This puts your cousin at about 18 I would guess? If he wants to be a Marine he needs to get his act together. This process will not be done just on a whim. He will need afidavids for character and being a US citizen and commiting to the US to be a loyal US citizen. I am not saying that it can't be done, but he probably won't ship as soon as he would like to. There will be a n extensive police check done maybe more so that the normal recruit. The Marine Corps and INS will have a boat load of questions.

By the way Welcome to Leatherneck.

Good luck to your cousin.

Blaster
01-10-07, 04:19 PM
We'll! I'll inform him! Thank you all for your answers.
and Thank You for the welcome.
GySgt E B Reagle

GySgtRet
01-10-07, 09:18 PM
Your welcome. But the best way for your cousin to get the correct information is to go to a recruiter. Things have changed since my day in recruiting.

Blaster
01-11-07, 11:06 AM
I'll try checking with the recrutiter! Because I heard there are exceptions. That's why I was wondering.