PDA

View Full Version : A Changed Man Needs Help Getting Back In

rcarter1983
01-08-07, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, <br />
<br />
In 2002, I shipped to Parris Island. It was tough from the get go, and I knew I was in for a challenge as soon as I stepped on the yellow footprints. But I felt in my heart that I was...

Marine84
01-09-07, 07:55 AM
Sometimes you only get one chance ...................

Good luck though.

HardJedi
01-09-07, 09:27 AM
well, if all else fails, write a politician.

couldn't hurt, might help.

tell ya this though ( not that you need another lecture) if you truly have changed, stay that way! last thing this world needs is another srew up ;)

good luck.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-09-07, 02:27 PM
Actually, you just might have a shot at this. Talk to a regular Marine Corps recruiter first, tell him the entire story, and see what he/she says. It might just be worth a shot.

If you are serious about this, be prepared to jump through all sorts of hoops, and even do some writing about why you want to come back in. Print out this question you asked to get you started.

Again, no promises, but you might be able to get waivered. You might not. But, you'll never know until you take the first step.

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-09-07, 02:32 PM
It is something that could happen for you, but everything would have to fall your way for it to work out. Normally I would say that anyone with the reenlistment code shouldn't be allowed to even look...

rcarter1983
01-10-07, 03:35 PM
Thank you Marines for your responses. You've been a lot of help.

sgt tony
01-10-07, 07:34 PM
Get all the letters of recomdation you can from police schools politicians you name it and you might be given the chance. But you have to prove that you have changed and that is not a easy thing.
Best of luck.