PDA

View Full Version : PT questions

Cekingcmaro
01-05-07, 01:27 AM
Well right now i'm about 5'8 weighing 160ish lbs..For the past few weeks i've been doing alot with curls doing the following:
Behind the head curls
Front Curls
Then something like pushups with the curl bar (just pushing it up above my head)
All done with 80lbs on the bar in 3 reps of 10

I haven't done much benching because of it puts alot of stress on my wrist, and I've been trying to build my wrists up with the curl bar.

Running wise, i'm out of season right now and slacked off, but will be starting training for Cross Country again soon doing anywhere from 3-10miles 4 days out of the week.

What other PT excercises should I be doing? What kind of weight lifting should I be doing? What could I do to strengthen my wrist besides wearing the wrist braces? Could you advise any kind of schedule for training?

I'm training with some of the DEP guys right now, but since i'm 16 I'm not DEP yet, and can only attend the workouts occaisionally because of the distant drive..

All advice and imput is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Caleb

Dave Coup
01-06-07, 09:50 AM
Pull ups, pull ups, pull ups & push ups and sit ups.

Cekingcmaro
01-06-07, 01:16 PM
Could someone refresh me on the PT test, saying I would like to make a 260 on the test what would that involve? And on the route I am on now, progressing that through the next year and a half would it take me there or better?

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-06-07, 04:43 PM
It concerns me that you would shoot for anything less that a 300. Why try to not be perfect?

Regardless, 18:00 in the run is 100 points. Subtract 1 point per 10 seconds over that time.
You get 5 points per pull up with a max of 20/100.
You get 1 point per crunch with a max of 100.

Cekingcmaro
01-06-07, 05:24 PM
It concerns me that you would shoot for anything less that a 300. Why try to not be perfect?

Regardless, 18:00 in the run is 100 points. Subtract 1 point per 10 seconds over that time.
You get 5 points per pull up with a max of 20/100.
You get 1 point per crunch with a max of 100.

My apologies, I came across wrong on that. I am most certainly shooting for a perfect score that was just a number that I had in my head and couldn't remember what the specifics of it all were.

After I do a few years in, and if I do decide to go Recon, will I perform another PT test prior to INDOC, or will that all be included in the INDOC??

Thanks,
Caleb

konman1
01-06-07, 06:18 PM
you will do a lot of PFT's before you take your Indoc

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-06-07, 09:38 PM
It kind of depends what they want to do with you. If they want you to run 10 PFTs during indoc I don't know of anything to stop them