PDA

View Full Version : Anything else?

TFreelove
12-25-06, 08:44 PM
My questions is as follows: Do we (poolees/wannabes) need to memorize anything else? I myself have "J.J. DID TIE BUCKLE", the 11 general orders, rank, ranking attire, and pay grade memorized.

jinelson
12-25-06, 09:02 PM
As a matter of fact yes there are several other things. Study the link below for a while, the next time you see this test you will be in third phase of recruit training. Your failure to pass it will get you recycled to another platoon until you successfully pass it. Study it and use the internet to help you understand the questions.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28850

Jim

SkilletsUSMC
12-25-06, 09:03 PM
My questions is as follows: Do we (poolees/wannabes) need to memorize anything else? I myself have "J.J. DID TIE BUCKLE", the 11 general orders, rank, ranking attire, and pay grade memorized.

You could try these acronyms. the first two are going to be at boot camp, but its good to know the others especially if youre gonna be a grunt:
(o)SMEAC, BAMCIS, SAFESOC, SALUTE (report), 9-Line NATO CASAVAC....

Are they necesary? Only BAMCIS, and SMEAC. However, You rattle these off to a drill instructor and they may just be impressed.:D

I have duty so Im typing at the cyclic rate, but Ill post the definitions tomorow. Good luck!

SkilletsUSMC
12-26-06, 12:09 PM
Allright...

I had a long night of duty, but Im back in black....

(o)SMEAC The Five paragraph order is what you will get before steping off on any mission.

(o) Oreintation. (Not technically official but its being adopeted more and more)

S Situation. (more acronyms here like SALUTE and DRAWD) If youre still interested, Ill get into those in detail

M Mission. Kinda self explanitory. Tasks ect.....

E Execution. (Who what where when why and how.)

A Administration and logistics (the 4 Bs=Bean bullets band-aids batteries)

C Command and signal. Radio freqs, signal plan ect...

SkilletsUSMC
12-26-06, 12:11 PM
BAMCIS+the 6 troop leading steps.

Begin the planning

Arrange recon

Make recon

Complete the planning

Issue the orders

Supervise

TFreelove
12-26-06, 12:16 PM
Yes. If you could further explain the other ones for me I would really appreciate it.

SkilletsUSMC
12-26-06, 12:29 PM
This is a salute or "enemy situation" report For ****s and giggles only, lets pretend that we are both bloods and we are about to go smoke some crips.... You are sitting in a parked car by the 7-11 and you call me up with a SALUTE report so I can go get enough guys and guns to be sure we "blast-dem foos":D

Size: 5 guys.

Activity: Standing arround in a parking lot

Unit: 1234 st crip-mob

Time: 12:30 am

Equipment: two cars and up to 5 pistols.

So i get your call and I tell our boys the 1234 st Crip-Mob's "enemies most probabale course of action or DRAWD...

Defend

Reinforce

Attack

Widthraw

Delay

"The 1234 crip mob will most likely widhtdraw and reinforce later..."

Yes Yes its alot to memorize, but depending on how much time you have before you ship, you could ace alot of stuff and turn some heads.

SkilletsUSMC
12-26-06, 12:36 PM
TFreelove

Some of this stuff wont make sense to you yet, but Ill try my darndest to help you get an edge on your knowledge.

Bamcis and smeac (no O in bootcamp) are required in boot, but actually knowing what the hell you are chanting will put you ahead of your peers. I remember yelling the SMEAC and thinking what the hell is comming out of my own mouth?

What MOS field are you going for???

I will continue later, but I have been awake for over 24 hours and I need a beer/sleep.

TFreelove
12-26-06, 02:08 PM
SkilletsUSMC

My MOS is Infantry. I ship out to bootcamp in July. Hope you enjoyed that beer. LOL. Also, this information is very helpful. I really appreciate the help you are giving me.

SkilletsUSMC
12-26-06, 06:19 PM
SkilletsUSMC

My MOS is Infantry. I ship out to bootcamp in July. Hope you enjoyed that beer. LOL. Also, this information is very helpful. I really appreciate the help you are giving me.

Ok TFreelove, good to hear you want to be a grunt. All of this applies to you in a big way, so listen up.

There was a Marine who wrote up a totally comedy SMEAC report and hung it outside his squads room in Iraq. Ill look it up to see if he stole it, and if he didnt Ill do my best to reproduce it. Just do me one favor, and actually memeorize this stuff. I have to type it out of memory, and I type slow:D

TFreelove
12-28-06, 10:24 AM
Yea I'm trying my best to memorize most of this stuff. And don't worry about typing slow. I do it too.

Quinbo
12-28-06, 11:17 AM
check out this link http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:O-E3iPv7U7EJ:3wg.aafc.org.au/iis/hosted/6wg/SMEAC.doc+SMEAC&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7

STA0311
12-28-06, 11:26 AM
Size: 5 guys.

Activity: Standing arround in a parking lot

Unit: 1234 st crip-mob

Time: 12:30 am

Equipment: two cars and up to 5 pistols.

SALUTES-R

Add in; Snipers / Counter Snipers and Remarks

SkilletsUSMC
12-28-06, 11:42 AM
SALUTES-R

Add in; Snipers / Counter Snipers and Remarks

Is that a STA specific SALUTE report? I havent heard it like that yet. Could you explain to me the part about snipers/countersnipers... how would I call that over the net? ....werry werry ineresting

Either way as long as were helping this kid he may as well learn it both ways.

SkilletsUSMC
12-28-06, 11:45 AM
check out this link http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:O-E3iPv7U7EJ:3wg.aafc.org.au/iis/hosted/6wg/SMEAC.doc+SMEAC&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7

Man I googled SMEAC and didnt get Shiat. Maybe my perputers broken.....

Quinbo
12-28-06, 04:21 PM
I got your man hanging in my drawers corporal. Even a search on google sometimes needs a little tweaking. All caps, or all lower case, an ampersand or a plus sign in your search can return different results.