PDA

View Full Version : The Brig

hawks
12-21-06, 05:12 PM
I'm just curious as to what military prison is like compared to regular prison, besides the obvious difference in the population. In military prison, are all branches put together or does each have its own different one. I'm just curious, because I have heard that military prison is horrible. I doubt any of you guys spent anytime in the brig but do you have any stories from acquaintances?

BTW, i have no intention of ever stepping foot into the military prison but am just curious as to what it is like.

SkilletsUSMC
12-21-06, 05:44 PM
I'm just curious as to what military prison is like compared to regular prison, besides the obvious difference in the population. In military prison, are all branches put together or does each have its own different one. I'm just curious, because I have heard that military prison is horrible. I doubt any of you guys spent anytime in the brig but do you have any stories from acquaintances?

BTW, i have no intention of ever stepping foot into the military prison but am just curious as to what it is like.

Lets hope you never find out...:D

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-21-06, 05:48 PM
It depends. The Brig at Camp Lejeune had Marines and maybe a Corpsman or two. But, the federal pen. at Ft. Leavenworth in Kansas has civillians and a military prison that has people from all the branches. Of course, their life is much harder than the civilians in the same prison.

FistFu68
12-21-06, 06:14 PM
:evilgrin: IT'S LIKE GOING TOO HELL,AND COMING OUT; THE OTHER SIDE!:evilgrin:

bob wilson
12-21-06, 08:25 PM
I Was Prison Chaser. There A Brigs And There Are Brigs. None Are Very Pleasent. The Worst Being In Japan. Remember The Military Is Not Governed By Civilians. It's Gov. By Ucmj. You Dont Want To Go There Believe Me!!!!!

Dave Coup
12-21-06, 10:36 PM
I did a little brig chasing back when. As someone else said, you don't want to go there. Haven't seen it for myself but Portsmouth Naval Prison is supposed to be or used to be the baddest of the bad.

SF

Dave

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-22-06, 12:06 AM
I did some chasing myself. Seems like that little gem always managed to ruin some really good plans.

Kegler300
12-22-06, 04:59 AM
Request MOS 5831 and find out first hand.

ggyoung
12-22-06, 11:44 AM
During my last 3 months of my 2ed tour in Vietnam I was transfered to 3ed MP Bn. Worked the 3rd MAV brig in Happy Valley. I was shift NCOIC of B block max security. There was only 1 place lower and...

Camper51
12-22-06, 01:36 PM

Trust me, a civilian jail would be a cakewalk compared to a military prison. I have visited various family members in both and one who was in both. He was in an Air Force prison and later in life he was in our state prison. He says he would take the state pen over any military prison, and he was a friggin wussy flyboy. So if he said the Air Force prison was bad you can bet it would be a cakewalk compared to a Marine brig...

hawks
12-22-06, 03:42 PM
Whats so bad though. Is it still like GGYOUNG stated, in skivvies with low rations in a 6x8 cell. Do they still PT and drill or are they just left their to rot and not allowed to do anything?

Camper51
12-22-06, 03:52 PM
As has been stated, almost all of us on these forums have not been in the brig. We only can pass on what we know from those who have been there and told us. First off the discipline will be much more strict in a military brig and even more so in a Marine brig. Just think about it logically and you might get an inkling. If you really want to know the difference I would suggest you join the Army or some other service and get your butt in big trouble and get tossed in the brig. Then after you get out of the Army you can go do something else stupid and get sent to the state pen. I assure you that after that you WILL know the difference.

You are asking for specifics. Well guess what, we aren't brig rats in here and we cannot possibly give you first hand knowledge.

One last thing. This post has absolutely NOTHING to do with learning about our Marine Corps, or what you need to know about boot camp, or what you need to learn to successfully make it through boot camp.

I would respectfully ask that the post be closed based on those facts...

jinelson
12-22-06, 04:28 PM
One last thing. This post has absolutely NOTHING to do with learning about our Marine Corps, or what you need to know about boot camp, or what you need to learn to successfully make it through boot camp.

I would respectfully ask that the post be closed based on those facts...

I concur this is a Marine site and this is The Ask A Marine forum. The wishes of Marines are respected and the topic of this thread is definately not conducive to sucessfully making it through recruit training. This thread is now closed.

Jim