PDA

View Full Version : Are all Marines huge?

Achped
12-04-06, 10:40 AM
Every Marine I've met, LCpl and above (so anyone not Pvt or PFC just outta boot) has been huge, swoll, and cock diesel.

Our head recruiter just retired, his name was Gunnery Sgt. Cook and he was huge. About 6'3" 200 lbs ALL muscle. 18" biceps, this guy was in recon and was just a monster.

We also have a relatively new recruiter, Sgt. V, the Asian Sensation, and he's about 225 all muscle (but shorter). Huge guy, and he can still haul butt in the run. Not to mention another recruiter that's been here for a while, Staff Sgt. Hicks, he's pretty big too.

But this all came to a head today because I met our brand new recruiter, Sgt. Robinson. I'm 6'4 and this dude TOWERS over me. He's about 250lbs 100% muscle, I mean, he's cut like a steak. He's gotta be 6'6" and the sleeves on his khaki shirt were skin tight, and the sleeves werent small!

So, I'm just wondering. Are all Marines in general humongous, or is it just something with our RS wanting to beat down other RS's? Actually, that can't be the case cuz at that Stadium thing we went to, swearing in at a BUcs game, we met plenty of Marines and with the exception of a new PFC they were all huugeeee. What's the deal? I'm only 170lbs, am I not cut out for the Corps? lol

I've got the height part down, I'm 6'4", but will I gain 70lbs of straight muscle by the time I reach sergeant? Haha

thedrifter
12-04-06, 11:27 AM
Must be slow day...shakes head

Ellie

Camper51
12-04-06, 11:36 AM
And he didn't even touch on what else .......... nah it is a slow day, huh!!!

thedrifter
12-04-06, 11:41 AM
And he didn't even touch on what else .......... nah it is a slow day, huh!!!

I was trying to behave...or I would have had to ban myself..;) :D

Ellie

DWG
12-04-06, 11:59 AM
You two both need a time out!:banana: :D

Marine84
12-04-06, 12:40 PM
HAHAHA! That's just what testosterone has done to them. And, before you ask, no it doesn't do much else for them!

Camper51
12-04-06, 12:56 PM
Ummmmmmm I really don't think testosterone would affect Ellie (Drifter) in that manner.......... she is female ya know..... Now me........Well I am all male...........LOL...

Camper51
12-04-06, 12:57 PM
absolutely amazing what people will think when not one word has been said...

DWG
12-04-06, 01:06 PM
OK, OK, M84, you sit in the corner with the other two.:D On a serious note, I put on 35lbs in Boot Camp-from 140 to 175. Must be the good food, excercise and clean living! No :beer: :!:

Achped
12-04-06, 03:23 PM
I would love to put on 35 lbs at boot.

Did they make you eat a whole bunch back then like double rations are today?

DWG
12-04-06, 03:48 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ! I wasn't in weak or skinny body plt. I was about average for those days. I'd been living on alcohol and smokes for about two months, and whatever was available to eat when I had a chance-I was kinda partying hard. I got to Boot Camp with a hangover, a tan and a very shortlived atitude. I was starved constantly in Boot along with everyone else. Most of us had never PT'd like that and our bodies weren't used to it. No sugar, sodas or sweets of any kind-when we went to the rifle range and could get sugar packets at breakfast for the first time, it was like a candy bar. I was six ft tall and just filled in my frame for the first time. As it stands now, I got 35lbs extra (at least) I'd be happy to give you if it were possible without surgery. Double rations? Take what you want, but eat what you take; or else! I never got full at meals. Bulk up after Boot, ya don't want to be dragging any exta weight if you don't have to, muscle or not.:marine:

Marine84
12-05-06, 05:07 PM
Ummmmmmm I really don't think testosterone would affect Ellie (Drifter) in that manner.......... she is female ya know..... Now me........Well I am all male...........LOL...

The Corps just gives us women big boobs Camper - HAHAHAHAHAHA! If we don't have big ones, we appear to cause we stick our chests out further with pride cause we did something a lot of men can't say that they have.

All I have to say to the kid is..................when you "grow into" your body, you'll get big too. I even gained a few pounds coming out of bootcamp - went in 115, came out 122 - I built muscle up during those 3 months. (I think it's still in this 45 year old frame, it's just hidden now beneath the fluffiness...............but I'm STILL a Marine!)

tntmondy
12-05-06, 05:15 PM
Now you know why us WM's have been ruined for all other men with all that beef hanging around (no pun intended :)

jinelson
12-05-06, 05:27 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/gallery/files/2/0/9/4/6/GradurationSanDeigo071.jpg

Naw it just seems that way.

CH46PCCDI
12-05-06, 06:07 PM
If every Marine you've ever met is HUUUUGE....then you haven't met many I would guess.

I went to San Diego with a paltry 135 lbs on my 70 inch frame. I was on double rations and came out at about 150 lbs. I would probably not have gained that 15 lbs, but I broke my foot running down Mt. Mother so I spent 4 or 5 weeks in MRP. When I got out I was 170 lbs (that 10 month stay in the PI didn't help ;) ) which I would guesstimate was about average. So they're not all HUUUGE. Now that I think about it.....one of my DIs had to look up at me!

You have to consider that Marine recruiters are the poster boys of the Marines. When I was in, they tried to send their best Marines to be recruiters, not necessarily DIs. You can have the best DIs in the world, but they can't do jack without the people. I've always been impressed at the practicality of the Marines in many areas. One is with this recruiter thing and the other is with their ability to fight off being disbanded or whittled down to a miniscule number of Marines. Their political force is significant it seems! Anyway....It's also better for our image to have HUUUGE guys out there rather than the skinny bean poles. ;)

Finally, I would like to say that the most vicious Marines I met were
the small guys. Some of them must of had something to prove. Overcoming their size disadvantage with an unrivaled ferocity! So don't f--- with them. ;)

echoromeo011
12-06-06, 01:04 AM
Dude, I know him... He was my recruiter before he went to Japan.
Yea, he is a swoll dude, but I'm not...
I'm still cooler than him.. haha
:iwo:

montana
12-06-06, 09:30 AM
im 5'7" was 160 lb out of boot...home from nam 125...had to be skinny to fit in the rat holes....wish i was fat at the time

DWG
12-06-06, 09:48 AM
im 5'7" was 160 lb out of boot...home from nam 125...had to be skinny to fit in the rat holes....wish i was fat at the time
That's odd, I just was thinking about that about twenty minutes ago; the smaller guys "got" to be tunnel rats.:scared: Reason enough to bulk up!! "Nope, sorry, I'm way too big to fit in that snake and rat infested, booby-trapped dink freeway! Sorry!" :D

Marine84
12-06-06, 12:41 PM
HAHAHAHA! Jim, the Sgt in the pic was reason #162 why I wanted to go in the Corps! Ole boy looks G O O D in that uniform, I would probably pass out from excitement if he were in Blues.

Camper51
12-06-06, 02:16 PM
The Corps just gives us women big boobs Camper - HAHAHAHAHAHA! If we don't have big ones, we appear to cause we stick our chests out further with pride cause we did something a lot of men can't say that they have.

All I have to say to the kid is..................when you "grow into" your body, you'll get big too. I even gained a few pounds coming out of bootcamp - went in 115, came out 122 - I built muscle up during those 3 months. (I think it's still in this 45 year old frame, it's just hidden now beneath the fluffiness...............but I'm STILL a Marine!)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

As though I needed a reason to try and get my hands...........hmmmmmm there I go again flappin before engagin the brain housing group........

Fun aside I put on 30 lbs in boot camp and I was NOT on any kind of double rations. I went from 132 to 162 at graduation. Went and lost it all a few months later and had to alter all my uniforms again......

Achped
12-06-06, 09:35 PM
Dude, I know him... He was my recruiter before he went to Japan.
Yea, he is a swoll dude, but I'm not...
I'm still cooler than him.. haha
:iwo:

He is huge hahaha

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 01:26 AM
Every Marine I've met, LCpl and above (so anyone not Pvt or PFC just outta boot) has been huge, swoll, and cock diesel.

Our head recruiter just retired, his name was Gunnery Sgt. Cook and he was huge. About 6'3" 200 lbs ALL muscle. 18" biceps, this guy was in recon and was just a monster.

We also have a relatively new recruiter, Sgt. V, the Asian Sensation, and he's about 225 all muscle (but shorter). Huge guy, and he can still haul butt in the run. Not to mention another recruiter that's been here for a while, Staff Sgt. Hicks, he's pretty big too.

But this all came to a head today because I met our brand new recruiter, Sgt. Robinson. I'm 6'4 and this dude TOWERS over me. He's about 250lbs 100% muscle, I mean, he's cut like a steak. He's gotta be 6'6" and the sleeves on his khaki shirt were skin tight, and the sleeves werent small!

So, I'm just wondering. Are all Marines in general humongous, or is it just something with our RS wanting to beat down other RS's? Actually, that can't be the case cuz at that Stadium thing we went to, swearing in at a BUcs game, we met plenty of Marines and with the exception of a new PFC they were all huugeeee. What's the deal? I'm only 170lbs, am I not cut out for the Corps? lol

I've got the height part down, I'm 6'4", but will I gain 70lbs of straight muscle by the time I reach sergeant? Haha

my Sergeant is a fatass lardface

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 01:28 AM

I went to boot camp 6'4 180 lbs

I came out 6'4 155 lbs

I'm 205 lbs of solid muscle now. no thanks to the Marine Corps but thanks to my own training and diet regimen.

Eagle57
12-07-06, 07:31 PM
How Big do you have to be to Deliver or Take a Bullet, FOOL.

Why bother with this wanna be F_ G?

Here's a TIP there Youngster, (17 yrs old), your NOT USMC MATERIAL. To EVEN THINK OF ASKING A QUESTION LIKE THAT. Period.

Now, if your SOOOOOOOOO INTERESTED IN HHHUUUUUGGGEEE GUY's, then go committ a petty crime, and YOU'LL HAVE ALL THE HUGH GUY'S YOU'VE EVER SEEN with YOU IN JAIL!

MY GUESS IS, YOU'LL HAVE A BALL! (MANY TIMES OVER).

Roogger
12-07-06, 07:55 PM
I'm on 5'11", 145lbs. Not really that big. I had lots of guys in my platoon smaller than I was too. Marines always grow 10 feet and gain about 500 pounds of muscle when they get in your face though. You'll see in boot camp.

:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-08-06, 10:20 PM
I went to Recruit Training UNDER weight...the last weigh in at MEPS, I was 5'11 and 123 lbs...the Doc looked at me and said "I guess you'll gain the weight there". He was right....I graduated at 150.

Most of the Grunts I knew were skinny little *hits...and mean.

Worry less about size, and more about 'heart'.

yellowwing
12-09-06, 12:13 AM
Come to think of it, my Recruiter was well over 6 foot 2 inches.

SSgt Nelson? Was Col Archibald Henderson a tall Marine when you enlisted? :banana:

jinelson
12-09-06, 12:59 AM
Naw he was a short shot when he worked at the at the Staff Club.

Marine84
12-09-06, 01:48 AM
I went to boot camp 6'4 180 lbs

I came out 6'4 155 lbs

I'm 205 lbs of solid muscle now. no thanks to the Marine Corps but thanks to my own training and diet regimen.

And yet he STILL can't stand up straight..............good luck at OCS.

BigAl
12-11-06, 10:38 AM
:flag: I went to Boot Camp 5'6 and 105 pounds. Back then I don't rember ever hearing of double rations or seperate platoons for "skinny" guys. The heavy guys had their platoon which stressed PT (lol)...