PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

caismirt
11-30-06, 06:25 PM
Hey all, first of all i'm not a US resident or citizen, nor have i ever visited the place.

I am trying hard to get some info on joining the Marines or other US military as a non-national, preferably as an officer (i have a degree) or if not i would probably be happy enough going enlisted.

I have emailed the Air Force and the Marines etc but official responces consist of roughly "We aren't allowed help you. Contact immigration".

Ok fair enough i go for my green card/etc then apply.

Problem. I have zero interest in citizenship/residency without getting into the military.
So you can imagine i'm not overly impressed with the idea of going through the residency etc process only to be told i failed my medical/other and to **** off.

Also i'm not sure if a green card is enough to go to be an officer, as far as i'm aware its stricter then enlistment.

Anyways, i'd really be grateful if anyone could help me out, give me some advice etc.

Thanks.

LivinSoFree
11-30-06, 08:10 PM
Generally speaking, in order to become an officer, you MUST be a US Citizen, no exceptions. However, on the enlisted side, being a legal resident will suffice. Probably your best bet is to get your green card first, then try to enlist. Where are you a citizen of, exactly?

yellowwing
11-30-06, 09:04 PM
Problem. I have zero interest in citizenship/residency without getting into the military.
Okay you've said that up front, cool. If you just have that hard core desire to be a professional warrior, then in all sincerity check out the French Foreign Legion (http://www.foreignlegionlife.com/).

The website I linked to above has a great quote about one of their CPLs that was asked by a reporter what was his country of citizenship. His reply was "I am Legionnaire."

So check it out, it seems like a better fit for you. We need patriots in Our Marine Corps.

caismirt
11-30-06, 10:35 PM
Generally speaking, in order to become an officer, you MUST be a US Citizen, no exceptions. However, on the enlisted side, being a legal resident will suffice. Probably your best bet is to get your green card first, then try to enlist. Where are you a citizen of, exactly?

Ok. I really am a bit clueless about the whole situation but is citizenship hard to gain ? Would service in the enlisted ranks speed that on ?

Do i have to be a citizen for a number of years in order to apply for a commisson ? I think with the Brits u have to be in UK residence for 5+ years.

caismirt
11-30-06, 10:53 PM
Okay you've said that up front, cool. If you just have that hard core desire to be a professional warrior, then in all sincerity check out the French Foreign Legion (http://www.foreignlegionlife.com/).
Have being checking them out. Again, to be an officer u have to be french. Typical eh, when a frenchman joins them he has to state another country as his nationality but yet they still only allow french to be officers.

The website I linked to above has a great quote about one of their CPLs that was asked by a reporter what was his country of citizenship. His reply was "I am Legionnaire."
And i have every respect for the legion. I had the fortune of meeting some legionnaires once. Great soldiers, great men.

So check it out, it seem like a better fit for you. We need patriots in Our Marine Corps.
I thought you needed Marines in the Marine corps.

Obviously its more or less the same thing but if you were asked what you were loyal to, would it be to the corps or to your country ?

I didn't mean to sound like a mercenary but my goal is to have a military career and i like the marines history.

I'm a bit surprised to hear a comment like that, considering the great record of immigrants who have fought and died in the corps. I doubt they were all (american) patriots but i'm sure they were all Marines and were loyal to the corps and their comrades.

5 of the 19 men who recieved the medal of honor twice were born in my country. 258 who recieved it once were born here.

jcdc1
12-01-06, 07:27 PM
immigrant: a person who comes to a country to take up PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-01-06, 08:31 PM
If you cannot say that you are an American or want to be an American, I really don't know that the Marine Corps is your place in life. We aren't the legion, and we like it that way.

jcdc1
12-01-06, 08:53 PM
If you cannot say that you are an American or want to be an American, I really don't know that the Marine Corps is your place in life. We aren't the legion, and we like it that way.

Echo Four Bravo :beer: here's to you Brother!!

caismirt
12-02-06, 07:11 AM

Well why would i want to be an American just for the sake of it ?

I'm not saying i don't want to be an American, i'm saying i don't want to be one if i can't get the job i want as an American.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-02-06, 08:39 AM
First, I'd say that the Marine Corps does, in fact accept folks from certain countries, into the Corps. Typically, Canada and Mexico. If you aren't from one of them, you'll have to emmigrate, get a work visa/green card, then attempt to enlist. Also, you do, in fact, have to swear an oath to "protect and defend" the United States Constitution, "against all enemies, foriegn and domestic". If you aren't willing to do that, then I'd suggest you (seriously) check out the FFL.

And, you do have to be a citizen to become an officer in any of the US armed forces; it's pretty much that way in any country, for the most part.

jcdc1
12-02-06, 11:18 AM
http://www.foreignlegionlife.com/index.html#topindex

caismirt you might want to check this out

caismirt
12-02-06, 11:48 AM
First, I'd say that the Marine Corps does, in fact accept folks from certain countries, into the Corps. Typically, Canada and Mexico. If you aren't from one of them, you'll have to emmigrate, get a work visa/green card, then attempt to enlist. Also, you do, in fact, have to swear an oath to "protect and defend" the United States Constitution, "against all enemies, foriegn and domestic". If you aren't willing to do that, then I'd suggest you (seriously) check out the FFL.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I have no problem swearing an oath of allegiance to the US and meaning every word if i got into the US military.

All i said originally was i didn't want to go through the process of getting a green card etc only to be told i'm not eligible for a position in the Military for reason x. (e.g > Not eligible for officer)

The point being that the process of getting a green card/citizenship etc seems to be a large amount of work and i have no reason or interest in getting a green card/citizenship unless its to join the military.

Its like another situation, because of my nationality i am allowed to join the Brits military, but to go to be an officer i need to have lived in the UK for 5 years+. Obviously i'm not going to move to the UK for 5 years so that i can apply at the end of the time.

yellowwing
12-02-06, 11:51 AM
Then the FFL still seems like the best option. Go for it. They will not judge you as harshly as we do.

caismirt
12-02-06, 12:08 PM
Then the FFL still seems like the best option. Go for it. They will not judge you as harshly as we do.

Hey yellowing, thanks for suggesting them but as i already said, to be an officer even in the legion u need to be french.

Are u judging me harshly ? about what ?

yellowwing
12-02-06, 12:36 PM
Because your attitude is mercenary. You want guarantees and assurances. That's is not what we want in our Marine Corps. That's not the character we look for to train people to become Marines.

jinelson
12-02-06, 01:58 PM
caismirt you seem to be missing the point of what the Marines here are telling you. If you wanted to be a Marine you would be willing to do do what ever it takes to become one. The fact that you do not have that dedication or drive in your character prohibits you from earning the title. The Marine Corps is looking for a few good men and you are not one of them.

Jim

Marine84
12-02-06, 02:04 PM
Maybe we can figure him better this way ya'll...............why do you want to join the Corps? Why not the military in your country?

caismirt
12-02-06, 02:20 PM
Because your attitude is mercenary. You want guarantees and assurances. That's is not what we want in our Marine Corps. That's not the character we look for to train people to become Marines.

I want guarantees and assurances ? Sorry i don't understand what you mean.

I want a military career and my own countries military is probably off limit to me due to draconian medical requirements that no other military in the world subscribes to. If i can't get into my own military then the American military would be my first other choice by a long shot. I have huge respect for the American military institutions and any american soldiers i've ever met have earned my respect with the way they conduct themselves. It shows me that this is something i'd like to be a part of.

What would u have me do ? Spend x amount of time and effort applying for a green card, something that i see only as a means to an end with absolutely no information on what positions r open to me if i successfully get it ?

I'm not asking for a "Yes we'll take u into our military when you get your legal residency". But i really do want a "Well if u get your green card these positions are open for you to apply for, these positions r not open to you and heres a list of medical and physical requirements that u can get yourself checked against privately."

I just want a bit of light on the situation so to speak.

caismirt
12-02-06, 02:26 PM
caismirt you seem to be missing the point of what the Marines here are telling you. If you wanted to be a Marine you would be willing to do do what ever it takes to become one. The fact that you do not have that dedication or drive in your character prohibits you from earning the title. The Marine Corps is looking for a few good men and you are not one of them.

Jim

Jim, i want a military career. At the moment i'm applying for my own countries military but will probably not get in because i have dodgy unaided eyesight and they don't allow any kind of eye surgery (laser etc).

If that fails then i'd love the chance to join the American Army or Marine Corps. I am a qualified software engineer and being working at that for the past few years. Decided to drop it and do something i hope i'll enjoy instead.

I don't know what measurements i need to fulfill to hit what you consider determination and drive but i think dropping a very well paid job for a chance to get into a relatively poorly paid one would be a good start.

jcdc1
12-02-06, 04:31 PM
caismirt, what country are you currently residing in?

caismirt
12-02-06, 04:47 PM
caismirt, what country are you currently residing in?

I'm Irish living in Ireland.

USMCVet1992
12-02-06, 06:26 PM
First off... WELL SAID SSGT!!!! Secondly, if you are not willing to swear allegiance to this GREAT Nation UNCONDITIONALLY, find a different one. The Marine Corps does not want you with that attitude. The Marine Corps wants those who are dedicated to the UNITED STATES, good, bad or indifferent. Personally I don't want anyone CONTAMINATING my BELOVED CORPS who only wants to be a conditional American, that is BULLS**T, and you need to take that trash somewhere else.
:usmc: :flag: :iwo:

USMCVet1992
12-02-06, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the rant Marines, but this subject pis*es me off. SSGT, I agree, this guy does not have what it takes to claim the Title, and definately does not understand the Marine spirit. I will jump down off my soapbox as I see a line forming.

10thzodiac
12-02-06, 06:59 PM
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/pjortiz.htm <br />
<br />
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32274 <br />
<br />
Peter Julien Ortiz was born in New York on 5 August 1913, of a French father with a...

SgtHopperUSMC
12-02-06, 10:33 PM
I think you may have misunderstood me. I have no problem swearing an oath of allegiance to the US and meaning every word if i got into the US military.

All i said originally was i didn't want to go through the process of getting a green card etc only to be told i'm not eligible for a position in the Military for reason x. (e.g > Not eligible for officer)

The point being that the process of getting a green card/citizenship etc seems to be a large amount of work and i have no reason or interest in getting a green card/citizenship unless its to join the military.

Its like another situation, because of my nationality i am allowed to join the Brits military, but to go to be an officer i need to have lived in the UK for 5 years+. Obviously i'm not going to move to the UK for 5 years so that i can apply at the end of the time.A lot of work huh? What do you think getting in the Marines is? Where are you from anyway?

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-03-06, 01:30 AM
He is Irish (he said it earlier).

If you don't want to be a citizen just because America is where you want to live, you have no business leading Marines into battle as an officer of Marines. You seem hell bent on being an officer, and I don't see that becoming a reality until you decide to do what it takes to become a citizen for reasons unrelated to the Marine Corps.

caismirt
12-03-06, 07:09 AM
First off... WELL SAID SSGT!!!! Secondly, if you are not willing to swear allegiance to this GREAT Nation UNCONDITIONALLY, find a different one.

I just said i would have no problem doing so and mean it.

The Marine Corps does not want you with that attitude.

?? What attitude ?? Seriously lads i'm not here to troll or anything like that.
Lads i don't know what you think i'm trying to do but please read the next line or two. I want to become a fulltime soldier, i have a degree so would be hoping to become an officer and i would very much like to have a chance to join the Corps if i can't get into my own military. Thats the sum of it.

I DON'T just want to become an American, i want to become an American soldier.

The Marine Corps wants those who are dedicated to the UNITED STATES, good, bad or indifferent.

That doesn't mean sense. Surely if they were indifferent or bad they wouldn't give two ****es about the US.

caismirt
12-03-06, 07:11 AM
He is Irish (he said it earlier).

If you don't want to be a citizen just because America is where you want to live, you have no business leading Marines into battle as an officer of Marines. You seem hell bent on being an officer, and I don't see that becoming a reality until you decide to do what it takes to become a citizen for reasons unrelated to the Marine Corps.

Point taken about citizenship. But surely u understand my reasons for simply looking for a bit of info ?? I really don't think its that much to be asking for.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-03-06, 07:31 AM
Simply put, this is how it works. You can't become an officer of Marines, or anything else in the US military, without getting citizenship. That's the deal. There is no bargaining, or anything else.

A good friend of mine immigrated from Dublin when he was a kid, and he served 7 years in the Army as an enlisted soldier; I asked him what was required for him to enlist, initially, and he said "Green card". So, there you have it.

Bottom line, you either get the green card/visa/whatever it is, or you won't be able to even come in as enlisted.

caismirt
12-03-06, 07:51 AM
Simply put, this is how it works. You can't become an officer of Marines, or anything else in the US military, without getting citizenship. That's the deal. There is no bargaining, or anything else.

A good friend of mine immigrated from Dublin when he was a kid, and he served 7 years in the Army as an enlisted soldier; I asked him what was required for him to enlist, initially, and he said "Green card". So, there you have it.

Bottom line, you either get the green card/visa/whatever it is, or you won't be able to even come in as enlisted.

Thanks Sgt, thats all i wanted to hear.

Marine84
12-03-06, 08:03 AM
What would u have me do ? Spend x amount of time and effort applying for a green card, something that i see only as a means to an end with absolutely no information on what positions r open to me if i successfully get it ?

THAT is exactly what we would expect of you if you want in our Corps THAT badly! You need not worry about going through all of that with no info on what positions are open to you - there IS a position for you - may not be exactly what you want but, there will be positions open for you.

Now go get that green card if you want in! If you DON'T have the drive that it takes to accomplish that, you DON'T have the drive that it takes to be a Marine!

Messenger
12-03-06, 08:58 AM
While in the Marines I had the pleasure to serve with other fine Marines that hailed from Canada, England, Australia and many other fare off places. Some were interested in becoming US citizens while...

caismirt
12-03-06, 07:19 PM
THAT is exactly what we would expect of you if you want in our Corps THAT badly! You need not worry about going through all of that with no info on what positions are open to you - there IS a position for you - may not be exactly what you want but, there will be positions open for you.

Thank you for entirely missing my point again.

Now go get that green card if you want in! If you DON'T have the drive that it takes to accomplish that, you DON'T have the drive that it takes to be a Marine!

Yes because applying for a work permit is comparable to training as a professional soldier. :D

I'm trying to be polite but don't try and fill me full of ****e. Whatever military your talking about, any idiot can enlist and most of them even pass basic. Most of them haven't a clue what they want to do with themselves and have no drive or ambition whatsoever going in.

So you telling me i need such and such an amount of determination, ambition etc, its just insulting.

I have great respect for the Marine corps, depending on circumstances in the next few months i might hopefull be making it my career if they'll accept me, but you talk to me like i just insulted it. Thanks.

caismirt
12-03-06, 07:22 PM
Nice post. <br />
<br />
Reminds me of the story of the San Patricios. To Americans they were traitors, to Mexico they were heroes.

yellowwing
12-04-06, 12:19 AM
I'm trying to be polite but don't try and fill me full of ****e. Whatever military your talking about, any idiot can enlist and most of them even pass basic.
You have no idea what you are talking about. This is the United States Marine Corps. We have no recruiting shortages, and we can pick and choose who we want to serve with us. We are the elite front line shock troops for the last great superpower.

We are warriors that are unconditionally dedicated. You just don't have that.

jinelson
12-04-06, 02:05 AM
Look son you continuously keep missing the point. You claim that you are not fit to serve in your country Irelands military yet you feel that you are fit for not only my countries military but my Marine Corps. I admire your cohones for debateing us, but the fact remains that you are not US Marine material, so you need to lower your expectations and pursue other service.

Jim

KawiGunny
12-04-06, 03:56 AM

I know a few from the o club that arent citizens.

Caismirt.........I have a couple of question's for you.
1. What country are you currently living in?
2. What country were you born in?
3. What is your current citizenship?

Marine84
12-04-06, 12:54 PM
Thank you for entirely missing my point again.

Yes because applying for a work permit is comparable to training as a professional soldier. :D

I'm trying to be polite but don't try and fill me full of ****e. Whatever military your talking about, any idiot can enlist and most of them even pass basic. Most of them haven't a clue what they want to do with themselves and have no drive or ambition whatsoever going in.

So you telling me i need such and such an amount of determination, ambition etc, its just insulting.

I have great respect for the Marine corps, depending on circumstances in the next few months i might hopefull be making it my career if they'll accept me, but you talk to me like i just insulted it. Thanks.

Hate it if you feel as if you're being insulted, suck it up, I don't care - you were the one that asked why should you go through all of the grief to get citizenship if you can't get in the Corps. You have a point but, if you want in our Corps, that's what you have to do.

As far as "any idiot" being able to get in our military AND pass bootcamp - I don't think so. I don't know about any of the other branches of our military but not every idiot who tries getting in makes it out with the Title.

And, if you don't like the way you're being talked to in here, you're certainly not going to be happy in the Corps. Nothing personal, we know "walking bull$h!t" when we see it coming and you walked in on a BIG bull!

Camper51
12-04-06, 01:16 PM
Well why would i want to be an American just for the sake of it ?

I'm not saying i don't want to be an American, i'm saying i don't want to be one if i can't get the job i want as an American.

Then it sounds to me like you are one lazy MF who doesn't really want to be a Marine. If you want to become a Marine officer then you need to get your a$$ over here WITH a GREEN card so you will be eligible to join the Corps. You then need to take and spend the time to do whatever it takes to become a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Once you have completed those requirements you can apply to become an officer in the Marine Corps.

Nothing could be simpler. I have laid it all out in plain language above, however you WILL fail in your mission to become an officer in MY Marine Corps. Why you ask? Because you already have stated that you are too DAMNED lazy.

Therefore you will be too lazy to get the education you will need to become an officer of Marines. You will probably not be able to even join my beloved Marine Corps, because of the same reasons. You have blatantly said that "it's too much effort". Well guess what my puke friend, that means YOU cannot HACK what it will take to succeed in ANYTHING in life, including buying passage to our great country.

If you are offened by my statements, then tough crap. I really don't care and neither do the Marines on this site who have taken the time to try and beat through your thick skull just what is required to become not only a Marine but also an officer of Marines...

You want the world handed to you on a F*ckin silver platter and it just ain't gonna happen...

caismirt
12-04-06, 02:24 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about. This is the United States Marine Corps. We have no recruiting shortages, and we can pick and choose who we want to serve with us. We are the elite front line shock troops for the last great superpower.

We are warriors that are unconditionally dedicated. You just don't have that.

Yes mate i do know what i'm talking about. From the Brits to the Russians to the Americans, general enlistment is all the same. Including the corps.

What makes the corps different is the type of soldier they throw out at the end of the line. Hence why i have so much respect for them.

"NEVER A SOLIDER"....A United States Marine;)

Ellie

caismirt
12-04-06, 02:28 PM
Look son you continuously keep missing the point. You claim that you are not fit to serve in your country Irelands military yet you feel that you are fit for not only my countries military but my Marine Corps. Mate i've dodgy eyes. The marine corps and any other branch of your military allow people to have laser eye surgery. My own military does not.

caismirt
12-04-06, 02:31 PM
I know a few from the o club that arent citizens.

Caismirt.........I have a couple of question's for you.
1. What country are you currently living in?
2. What country were you born in?
3. What is your current citizenship?

Hey Kawi, i've made an appointment with the military attache here so he/she should be able to help me out hopefully. I'm also gonna get the olde green card process rolling while i'm there.

1. Ireland.
2. Ireland.
3. Irish.

caismirt
12-04-06, 02:40 PM
Hate it if you feel as if you're being insulted, suck it up, I don't care - you were the one that asked why should you go through all of the grief to get citizenship if you can't get in the Corps. You have a point but, if you want in our Corps, that's what you have to do.

My god in heaven.

You know what a person is who would go through the process of getting said g card/citizenship, moving to US and then turning up at a recruiters office only to be told feck off because of reason X that could have being answered BEFORE that person went through the above processes ?? Thats what you call an IDIOT. And i'm not an idiot.

As far as "any idiot" being able to get in our military AND pass bootcamp - I don't think so. I don't know about any of the other branches of our military but not every idiot who tries getting in makes it out with the Title.

Hence why i respect the corps. Any idiot can apply but you have to be good to make it out the other side.

And, if you don't like the way you're being talked to in here, you're certainly not going to be happy in the Corps. Nothing personal, we know "walking bull$h!t" when we see it coming and you walked in on a BIG bull!

What ?

USMCVet1992
12-04-06, 03:12 PM
I have emailed the Air Force and the Marines etc but official responces consist of roughly "We aren't allowed help you. Contact immigration".

The answer is right there in front of you. How hard is that to understand? Contact Immigration.

Now, for the other issues, you say you respect the Marine Corps, but you dont even have the respect to follow our rules here.

You actually have the balls to insult those that have gone through the process of getting a green card only for the purpose of joining the American Military, and have been turned away. You call them idiots? Well there slick, they showed they had the ambition and motivation and worked for the PRIVELEDGE to be here. You won't even put in the effort because you fear rejection. That alone shows you DO NOT HAVE WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BE ONE OF US, UNITED STATES MARINES.

So, as stated before, find somewhere else to go "Military Shopping."

For future reference: Try Marine Corps, not marine corps
Corps, not corps
Marine, not marine
:cry:

caismirt
12-04-06, 05:39 PM
Then it sounds to me like you are one lazy MF who doesn't really want to be a Marine. If you want to become a Marine officer then you need to get your a$$ over here WITH a GREEN card so you will be eligible to join the Corps.

I've already said it, i'm not saying it again. Anyone who would sign up for a g card, move to the US for the purpose of getting in the military without even TRYING to find out if they pass requirements etc beforehand IS an IDIOT. I didn't think the Marine Corps wanted idiots.

You then need to take and spend the time to do whatever it takes to become a citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Once you have completed those requirements you can apply to become an officer in the Marine Corps.

Can you please read the following line ? I'm pretty sure its in good english.

All i am trying to find out is information that can be gotten BEFORE i apply for the above. I KNOW i'm not going to get a 100% yes i pass everything to make me eligable for recruitment. All i want to do is to TALK to someone who can give me info that can be gotten BEFOREHAND.

Nothing could be simpler. I have laid it all out in plain language above, however you WILL fail in your mission to become an officer in MY Marine Corps. Why you ask? Because you already have stated that you are too DAMNED lazy. Therefore you will be too lazy to get the education you will need to become an officer of Marines.

I'm lazy ? Your lazy because you obviously have read NONE of my previous posts. I have the education necessary.

caismirt
12-04-06, 05:47 PM
The answer is right there in front of you. How hard is that to understand? Contact Immigration.

Look, i am not trying to be rude, i am not trying to insult anyone, i am not trying to **** anyone off.

I am trying to find out this information because i found out that if i applied for the British Defence Forces (they don't have an Army anymore apparently) i must have lived in the UK for 5 years +. All i am trying to do is find out if there are similiar regulations for the US military branches.

Now, for the other issues, you say you respect the Marine Corps, but you dont even have the respect to follow our rules here.

You actually have the balls to insult those that have gone through the process of getting a green card only for the purpose of joining the American Military, and have been turned away. You call them idiots? Well there slick, they showed they had the ambition and motivation and worked for the PRIVELEDGE to be here. You won't even put in the effort because you fear rejection. That alone shows you DO NOT HAVE WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BE ONE OF US, UNITED STATES MARINES.

Fear rejection ??? If a woman decided to sign up for the military, went through whatever training and then found out she wasn't allowed apply for position X because she never asked if position X was open to females, what would that woman be ?

A ****ING MORON

For future reference: Try Marine Corps, not marine corps
Corps, not corps
Marine, not marine

Ah yes, because the capitalisation of the words bring so much more to their meaning.

jinelson
12-04-06, 06:16 PM
by caismirt - Look, i am not trying to be rude, i am not trying to insult anyone, i am not trying to **** anyone off.

Well you are doing a wonderful job at all three!

by USMCVET1993 -Now, for the other issues, you say you respect the Marine Corps, but you dont even have the respect to follow our rules here.

You are not following our rules that allow you to post here. I suppose that you felt that reading our rules and complying with them would also be a waste of time. I suggest that you read the following including the links and start complying with them:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

USMCVet1992
12-04-06, 08:01 PM
Yes you arrogant ****, the words United States Marine Corps OWN the respect to be capitalized. That is the common respect given the Institution for which we have all sweat, some of us bled, and many others died for. We capitalize those words to show respect, something you obviously know nothing of, and therefore, as stated previously, dont have what is required to EARN the priveledge to call yourself one of us, a United States Marine. I went through the training, earned the Title, and found out that I missed one factor of what I originally signed up for. Does that make me a "****ing moron" as you so eloquently state? If so, I guess I will always still be 100 tiers above you, as I AM a United States Marine, and an American who served the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA with honor for the full term of my contract even though it was in an MOS not even remotely close to what I signed up for... That is one of many things required to be one of us. As for your take on it, you are a person without honor or integrity as you are out shopping for the Country which will ALLOW you to serve. In my Country, we serve out of Patriotism, not because we lived in some foreign country where the military said we weren't up to par.

SSGT might I request that we put an end to this as this INDIVIDUAL is an INSULT to the United States of America, the United States Marine Corps and all United States Marines who have served. I don't normally endorse censorship, but this s**t bird is a waste of our time.

Again, I will step down for the next in line.

Semper Fi to all of the US MARINES
:usmc:

caismirt
12-05-06, 03:46 AM
Well you are doing a wonderful job at all three!

Apparently so. A skill i was unaware i had.

Rule Three ...

Rule Eight ...

Sorry. Will comply with them in future.

caismirt
12-05-06, 04:11 AM
I went through the training, earned the Title, and found out that I missed one factor of what I originally signed up for.

Read these words.

I am NOT talking about signing up, making it through training (or not) and then being told i'm going to spend the next 4 years making coffee and signing reports when i actually signed up to make tea and read letters or drive a Hum-V and ... etc etc.

I'm talking about finding out OBVIOUS things that i can find out BEFORE i even apply.

Does that make me a "****ing moron" as you so eloquently state?

No because we're talking about two very different things.

As for your take on it, you are a person without honor or integrity as you are out shopping for the Country which will ALLOW you to serve.

Henry Hogan, John Laverty, John Cooper, John King and Patrick Mullen. All DOUBLE winners of the Medal of Honor and ALL my countrymen.

Just in case you missed that, thats 5 of my countrymen that have won the Medal Of Honour twice out of 19 men who have ever won it twice.

You know why so many of them were in the Military of the USA, Britain, France, Spain and the Legion ? Because of their race and nationality they couldn't get any other employment.

Perhaps you should start a campaign to have their medals taken off them ?

In my Country, we serve out of Patriotism, not because we lived in some foreign country where the military said we weren't up to par.

Funny, i've met more then a handful of ex-US Army personnel and they seem to have the crazy idea that it was a job.

SSGT might I request that we put an end to this as this INDIVIDUAL is an INSULT to the United States of America, the United States Marine Corps and all United States Marines who have served. I don't normally endorse censorship, but this s**t bird is a waste of our time.

I'm all that really ?

Funny how asking about joining up can cause an entire Country so much offence.

Semper Fi to all of the US MARINES

And to the Lynch family of Galway where the phrase originated.

Perhaps you might like my own familys motto ?
Malo mori quam foedari - Death before Dishonour.

Marine84
12-05-06, 07:57 AM
I got the popcorn guys...................

Look, none of us can tell you whether you'll even make it through the initial medical process much less whether you'll make it through anything else. If you're healthy as a horse with no "issues", you'll make it through the medical process - the rest is up to you.

Personally, I think you should go back to country shopping and forget about the U S. I don't think you could make it through our bootcamp (NOT the Marine Corps anyway) - you seem to be one of those that has to have the last word, you have no respect for ones that have been there, done that and gotten the Tshirts for it already.

Go join some other military where your opinion counts - we don't care.

caismirt
12-05-06, 08:29 AM
I got the popcorn guys...................

Look, none of us can tell you whether you'll even make it through the initial medical process much less whether you'll make it through anything else. If you're healthy as a horse with no "issues", you'll make it through the medical process - the rest is up to you.

Mate listen. In all honesty i am being as sincere as i can possibly can when i say this. The reason i'm looking into the Marines is because, right after my own country, there is no other military outfit in the world i would rather join.

No i haven't watched one too many Rambo movies, i've met Marines, i've looked a great deal into their history and thats why i respect them so much. above anyone else.

I didn't mean you guys could tell me if i'd pass the medical, i am simply looking for as much info as i possibly can get my hands on. I know you can't tell me if i'll pass such and such or if they'll even want me. I'm just trying to find out obvious obstacles. e.g > Before i came here i wasn't sure what the issue was with going to be an officer. Now i know i need citizenship.

Stuff like the above.

Personally, I think you should go back to country shopping and forget about the U S. I don't think you could make it through our bootcamp (NOT the Marine Corps anyway) - you seem to be one of those that has to have the last word, you have no respect for ones that have been there, done that and gotten the Tshirts for it already.

What have i said that disrespectful to anyone that has done it ?

Camper51
12-05-06, 09:58 AM
Ah yes, because the capitalisation of the words bring so much more to their meaning.

No you fail to understand that Marine Corps is capitalized because it is a proper noun. Now who is the f*cking idiot? Didn't you learn basic english in Ireland?

Camper51
12-05-06, 10:19 AM

You asked what you did to **** us all off. Well I believe it was the statements made in the quotation above.

Last I checked we were all not only Marines, but also most of us are very partiotic American citizens. Those comments make it sound, TO US, as though you are a cheap SOB looking for a fast way in. In OUR eyes you either have a burning desire to be a Marine, and citizen, or you DON'T. Your words sound like you DON'T. We do NOT hear you saying you want to come here, legally, become a Marine, and accept the course that the path you chose takes you to.

To a Marine you either have the desire fully or you don't. No wishy-washy bullcrap is accepted. What we hear from you is wishy-washy bullcrap because you placed a big f*ckin IF in your comments, IE: "IF I can't get in the military." "IF I can't become an officer." then I'm not interested!!!

You can't have it two ways in this forum. You either WANT to become a Marine or you DON'T. We don't take kindly to those who would play games with us and claim "well I would....." Either you do or you don't. Either you GO FOR IT or you stay home and suck wind.

Being a Marine is not a physical thing at all. It is 100% mental. Accept it or get the h*ll out of our way...

caismirt
12-05-06, 10:19 AM
No you fail to understand that Marine Corps is capitalized because it is a proper noun. Now who is the f*cking idiot? Didn't you learn basic english in Ireland?

I already stated i'll start capitalising them in future. I'm used to not bothering with such things in emails or on discussion boards. Hence my nick is caismirt instead of Caismirt.

caismirt
12-05-06, 10:34 AM
You asked what you did to **** us all off. Well I believe it was the statements made in the quotation above.
Whats wrong with the statements above ?

In all honesty i want a professional career as a soldier, what possible reason would i have for a green card if there was some obvious reason i couldn't get into the military ?

It'd be like turning up to a job interview without reading what the full requirements of the job were.

Last I checked we were all not only Marines, but also most of us are very partiotic American citizens.

Off topic but i'm interested, would you deferentiate between Patriotic and Nationalist ? Here you would never use the word patriot except to describe a national hero of great renown. Something akin to your George Washington or closer to home, Dan Daly.

Those comments make it sound, TO US, as though you are a cheap SOB looking for a fast way in.
Into what ? The Corps ? I'm not looking for a fast way in, i'm looking for THE way in. I just don't want to walk half way down that road only to come to a dead end because i didn't read the roadmap.

In OUR eyes you either have a burning desire to be a Marine, citizen or not, or you DON'T. Your words sound like you DON'T. We do NOT hear you saying you want to come here, legally, become a Marine, and accept the course that the path you chose takes you to.
Maybe in a list format might help ?

1st Choice -> My own Military (will know soon)
2nd Choice -> USMC

If i can't have #1 then i'll try my hardest to get #2.
Whats your problem with that ?

To a Marine you either have the desire fully or you don't. No wishy-washy bullcrap is accepted. What we hear from you is wishy-washy bullcrap because you placed a big f*ckin IF in your comments, IE: "IF I can't get in the military." "IF I can't become an officer." then I'm not interested!!!

Camper51
12-05-06, 10:43 AM

You didn't say it????? Well what is it exactly what I read right here in your own words.

Those words tell me that "IF I can't get into the Military" and "IF I can't become an officer" then I am not interested.

Are these your words or not?

I pulled them directly off your post and you say I put words in your mouth? I don't think so...

caismirt
12-05-06, 11:58 AM
You didn't say it????? Well what is it exactly what I read right here in your own words.

Those words tell me that "IF I can't get into the Military" and "IF I can't become an officer" then I am not interested.

Funny how you ignored my posting saying i would prefer to go in as an officer but i would be open to enlistment.

jinelson
12-05-06, 12:16 PM
Ok wise guy you have disregarded our rules after saying that that you would abide by them. I no longer have time for your incessant disrespect of my fellow Marines nor do they. You are history!

Jim

Marine84
12-05-06, 12:32 PM
thanks Jim cause this bonehead ain't getting it.

USMCVet1992
12-05-06, 01:44 PM
Thank you SSGT, he just doesn't understand.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-05-06, 01:59 PM
The day they give this ******* the Title of Marine is the day I resign said title.

Camper51
12-05-06, 02:49 PM
No worries Echo me mate........... He'll never succeed...

and a big thank you, Jim...

yellowwing
12-05-06, 07:07 PM
Yup, awarded the Leatherneck Big Chicken Dinner. He should go join a sewing circle or something! ;)

Marine84
12-06-06, 12:37 PM
Yup, awarded the Leatherneck Big Chicken Dinner. He should go join a sewing circle or something! ;)

LOL!