PDA

View Full Version : DaveXIII90

Robertsjay
11-30-06, 06:05 PM
I was not able to reply to your thread about hearing, but i can tell you a few things. I just recently got my waiver approved for my shady hearing. With it being the start of the Marine Corps new year, the sooner you apply the better (assuming you fail your hearing).

The tests at MEPS are fairly simple, it beeps until you stop it or it thinks you cant hear it. It does one ear at a time, my advice, push in on the earphone for that ear so you can hear better. Dont shower, swim, do anything with water the day of. If you have time, throw some cotton balls in your ears a day or so before so yu are sensitive to sound.

With the beeps - If you hear a beep, push the dang button. If you think you hear a beep, push the dang button. If you believe that it may be beeping but you canthear anything, push the dang button. You cannot fail this test for pushing the button to many times. My recruiter was actually asked to do it over because he pushed it too much, but it did NOT fal him. So even if you think it may just be something your making up in your head, still push the button. Its alot worse to not push it and have to wait for a waiver, than to push it and retake the test.

Anyways, goodluck man, I know how hard those hearing tests can be.

-Roberts J