PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blues

RJOHNSON
11-26-06, 01:47 PM
I leave for bootcamp May 21st and I was wondering if it was true if I refer 3 people and they go in, I get dress blues in my uniform issue upon graduation.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-26-06, 01:56 PM
I will let someone else answer that, but it seems reasonable to me. But, aim to get the promotion. That is more important than the dress blues. Once you have PFC, then you can think about getting a free uniform that you'll wear a few times.

RJOHNSON
11-26-06, 02:56 PM
Ok. The promotion is more beneficial than the uniform. Thanks sir.

sgt tony
11-26-06, 06:47 PM
Well rank is better but look at the cost of a set of Blue's it is some major bucks. The only one that got blues when i went is was the guide.

Future-USMC-LT
11-26-06, 08:10 PM
It's still that way. The only dress blue items we got issued were the trousers and white fabric cover. I payed $150 for the coat. At least when you buy them at boot camp you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get them altered. I had to buy a new coat last month because the the old one was too tight around my chest. It was $150 plus $40 to get the sleeves shortened and rank put on. I was able to sell the old ones to another LCpl in my unit who didn't have the coat, so I did manage to make $50.