PDA

View Full Version : USMC martial arts

ianmusto
11-26-06, 02:52 AM
with the martial arts program, how long during recruit training do you do this, and is there any time to learn more, like get a higher belt, or must this be taken out of your time?

LoCapitano
11-26-06, 11:31 AM
In boot camp you are only giving the oportunity to qualify for the Tan belt... Which is the first one....

After that, Depending where you go to MOS school you can do it there as well...

But it comes down to you finding an instructor to teach you and test you on your own time....

Btw we call it MCMAP

muck
11-26-06, 12:48 PM
Check these out - Hope they help
Semper Fi

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-26-06, 01:34 PM
You will have the ability to move up in belts after boot camp. Once you get to the fleet you'll find plenty of time to train.

ianmusto
11-26-06, 03:06 PM
thanks for the info

Depumo
12-04-06, 10:32 AM
During basic you will do train to earn your Tan belt every week. Once you earn the belt, you don't really train again during basic unless your Drill Instructor wants you to do it during PT. But you will have to wait to get in the Fleet to be able to move up in the belts. When you go to test for the new belt you will have to show the moves from your last belt as well as the new moves you have learned.

ejbabcoc
12-06-06, 09:19 AM
When I was in there was no such thing as earning belts...can anyone give me more info?

LoCapitano
12-06-06, 03:22 PM
When I was in there was no such thing as earning belts...can anyone give me more info?

When you went to boot camp you guys had line training for martial arts correct...

Well they got rid of the line training and started MCMAP...

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program...

And depending on the level of training you have attained in MCMAP you earn belts for it... Tan being the lowest... which is what recruits earn in boot camp...

after that when you hit the fleet you can train for the next level and earn your grey belt...

Kegler300
12-06-06, 03:39 PM
http://www.sempertoons.com/images/TanBelt.jpg

USMCVet1992
12-06-06, 04:00 PM
When I went through, we had line training as well. I think the guy in the comic Kegler posted was our Instructor.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-06-06, 08:28 PM
We learned LINE at SOI/MCT

Eagle57
12-06-06, 09:03 PM
No, The ONLY belt Training when I was in was , how to shine your brass buckle.

There was also , NO SODA, (Bug Juice Only), No Movies, No TV, No PX, NO Free Time, and NO PHONE CALLS TO MOMMY OR YOUR CONGRESSMAN.

Our Mail was edited and Monitered, and we PREPARED FOR WAR. NIGHT, DAY, NIGHT, DAY,........

If You want to learn Martial Arts...Join a Local Club After the Marine Corps like I did.

That the hell. We learned to SURVIVE TOGETHER and TO DO WITHOUT.

Martial Arts MY AZZ, Use A BULLET, YOUR K-BAR,. OR UR E-TOOL.

Semoper-Fi

Eagle57
12-06-06, 09:09 PM
Look at This Joker's Profile.

17YEARS RIPE.

A WANNA BE. We'll see.

With A Picture of His Girl Giving Him His Last Peck On His Pretty Cheek.

I Know Where HER LIPS WILL BE NEXT.

His DI'S Will Also let this wanna be BOY know where his HONEYS LIPS ARE!

I Hope They see the photo.

LOL.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-06-06, 09:28 PM
Eagle, I am sure you learned some sort of unarmed combat skills while you were in the Marine Corps. With today's focus on peace keeping missions and the like, it is important to have less than lethal...

Eagle57
12-07-06, 08:03 PM
Now that would be MY POINT EXACTLY.

I did learn other training.....

Like I said.... how to use my k-bar, e-tool, helmet, or even my teeth to rip a face off chunk by chunk.

Now no offence to YOU, but YOU were One Year Old, When I Graduated FROM PARRIS ISLAND.
ALL OF MY DI'S WERE RIGHT OUT OF THE NAM BUSHES.

Now I cannot compare, my day's to Marine's at :iwo: , or Nor Marines who fought in Korea. Understand?

Not your fault, but we have become a Nation of PUSSY's, Guided by POLITICS. (and PLEASE...look at the kid's Profile Picture)

Even, when you turned 17....you would NOT have a Profile Picture with Your Honey there? Times and this NEW GENERATION have changed, A LOT.

The NOW Marines are NO LESS BRAVE, but are HANDCUFFED.

Like This BS IRAQ situation

Peacekeeping my azz. Leave it to the Peace Corps.

You want WAR, Call On Us, USMC.

But FIRST, CONVINCE WASHINGTON .

Simple,
Semper-Fi

P.S. Want this guy wth his Profile "The New Generation" in Your Fox Hole?

Roogger
12-07-06, 08:36 PM
ROFL at Kegler

Quinbo
12-08-06, 06:42 AM
When I went through boot camp they taught us Judo. The kinder gentler corps does not want kids getting hurt so they stopped the line training.

Cooks and reservests are the toughest barb-wire eating son of a guns you will ever meet when it comes to Marines, and they will be the first ones to want to tell you all about it.:usmc:

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-06, 11:34 AM
New Corps
Old Corps
_______

SAME CORPS!!

We have a different mission. There is no Iron Curtain, and that means the world as a whole is different. The military is intended to kill people and break things, but it is also intended to ensure that domestic tranquility is possible where our interests prevail. It always has. We had people doing peace keeping missions after every major foreign war, we just didn't call it that. And, in today's world the peace corps, doctors without borders, and other humanitarian groups come under attack. It is good if we are able to protect our citizens to some degree.

Granted, it isn't ideal, but it is reality. Life would be better if Marines were only used to face uniformed enmy combatants, but that isn't our world.

Eagle57
12-08-06, 05:57 PM
BULKYER:

Why take a shot at Cooks, and/or Reservists?

There taking casualties as we speak, and dishing out some whoop-ass.

After My Active Duty, I Served in 2 Marine Corps Reserve Units, and REALLY couldn't take the BS, that went with it. Be a Civilian, but keep YOUR MARINE CORPS STANDARDS THE SAME, COCKED, LOCKED, AND READY TO ROCK.

Frankly, ACTIVE DUTY WAS EASIER.

P.S.- YOUR PROFILE? RIBBONS, METALS, ECT. WHO'S THE BRAGGER THERE
"SARGE". E-5 AFTER 13 YEARS? THAT'S ABOUT ONE STRIPE EVERY
THREE (3) YEARS? (See YOUR AN E-1 RIGHT OUT OF BOOT).
OH, AND NOT TO JUDGE ANYONE, BUT EVEN OUR OWN USMC HAS
"SH_ T BIRDS", Remember?

Semper-Fi

Eagle57
12-08-06, 06:15 PM
BULKYER:

After My Active Duty, I Served in 2 Marine Corps Reserve Units, and REALLY couldn't take the BS, that went with it. Be a Civilian, but keep YOUR MARINE CORPS STANDARDS THE SAME, COCKED, LOCKED, AND READY TO ROCK.

"SH_ T BIRDS", Remember?
OH HAWAII DUTY STATIONS, AND COLLEGE TOO! SOUNDS LIKE YOUR
2nd LT MATERIAL there "SARGE".

Semper-Fi

Quinbo
12-08-06, 06:28 PM
BULKYER:

"SH_ T BIRDS", Remember?
OH HAWAII DUTY STATIONS, AND COLLEGE TOO! SOUNDS LIKE YOUR
2nd LT MATERIAL there "SARGE".

Semper-Fi

:cool:

Quinbo
12-08-06, 06:50 PM
Dear Eagle57,
Yup that is right a stripe every 3 years. For every stripe I walked a thousand miles with a pack on my back and a weapon in my hand.

Quinbo
12-08-06, 10:38 PM
Eagle57??

Seriously? Did you claim the french Forage as a personal accomplishment? Heck I wore one the whole time I was in 5th Marines. Were you actually at Belleau Wood?

Heck we used to joke that all we needed was a rope on the other shoulder and a kazoo in our pocket and folks would mistake us for army.

Eagle57
12-09-06, 03:44 AM
BULKYER:

Last post to you.

You Walked ALL Thirteen Years with a Rifle and Pack, with Duty Stations in Hawaii, mostly?
What were you "Dog The Bounty Hunters Poop Boy?"

Listen Pal. Your ADMIN. ALL THE WAY.

One Stripe After MORE than 3 Years goes by.

Like I said there "Hollywood", even Our Corps, has it's Sh_it BIRDS" and I THINK YOUR ONE OF THEM. Let Others Judge YOU , YOUR INSULTING COMMENTS TO MARINE COOKS, and RESERVISTS.

Personally, YOU WERE THE KIND OF WANNA BE TRHAT JUST MADE IT, PROBABLY IN ADMIN. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PUT A REAL USMC BOOT IN YOU AZZ.

AFTER INSULTINS USMC COOKS (I KNOW YOU DIDN'T EAT AT BASE, JUST OUT IN HAWAII' S MAIN TURIST AREAS), AND USMC RESERVISTS.

YOU MAKE ME SICK, AS NO ONE WHO SERVES AT THIS TIME NEES TO BE PUT DOWN BY A WISE AZZ 13 YR E-5 "SARGE".

READ FOOL, NO MORE REPLIES TO YOU, PRETENDER.
YOU ARE IGNORANT AND ARROGANT, "YOU DARE CALL YOURSELF USMC?"

Updated: 07:49 AM EST

Reserve Troops Facing Job Woes
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_providers/71_article_logo
By Barbara Slavin, USA TODAY
top.ch_refresher.add_ad('93179288', 160, 600, 0, '160x600_1');

(Dec. 8) -- The number of reservists and National Guard members who say they have been reassigned, lost benefits or been fired from civilian jobs after returning from duty has increased by more than 70% over the past six years.
The sharp spike in complaints brought to the U.S. Labor Department reflects the extensive use of part-time soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, the largest call up of reserves since the 1950-53 Korean War.
About 500,000 of the 850,000 reservists and National Guard members eligible for duty have been mobilized since late 2001, said Maj. Rob Palmer, spokesman for a Pentagon office that tries to resolve job disputes.
Not all have been treated well by their employers when they return home.
After the 1991 Gulf War, "I was welcomed home with ticker tape," said Marc Garcia, a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserves. "This time, I get the door slammed in my face."
Garcia, a member of the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, has been called up twice since Sept. 11, 2001, once for Afghanistan and the last time for stateside duty.
Garcia, 44, had been a supervisor in the Miami office of the security bureau. When he returned to work early last month, he was given a desk job in Washington with no clear responsibilities, he said.

Last month, a judge in Atlanta ruled that the State Department violated Garcia's rights under a 1994 law, which requires employers to give returning reservists their old jobs or equivalent positions. The law was passed to address employment problems faced by veterans returning from the 1991 Gulf War.
The Labor Department said it handled 1,548 complaints from returning service members in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, up from 895 in the year that ended Sept. 30, 2001. About a third of the cases are resolved in favor of employees, the department said.
Those numbers don't reflect all the servicemen and women with problems. Many of the cases are settled before they get to the Labor Department.
The Pentagon received more than 8,000 complaints this year, nearly double the previous year, but most were resolved without further government action, Palmer said. Complaints range from being fired, losing chances for promotion or being reassigned to jobs with less pay or responsibility.
Retired Marine lieutenant general Dennis McCarthy, executive director of the Reserve Officers Association, a private advocacy group, acknowledged the deployments can be difficult for employers, particularly small companies. "That burden is an acceptable cost when it's compared to the value of reserve service to our country," he said.
var tag= '';if (/^https:/.test(document.location)) {tag += 'https';} else {tag += 'http';}tag += '://images.usatoday.com/counters/clear.gif?LOG=1&syndic=aol&story=13828443×tamp=';tag += (new Date()).getTime();tag += '';document.write(tag);// -->http://images.usatoday.com/counters/clear.gif?LOG=1&syndic=aol&story=13828443×tamp=1165655746995

12/08/2006 07:00

Semper-Fi TO ALL BUT ONE,
THANKS AGAIN FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

Eagle57
12-09-06, 03:48 AM
ECHO:

I'll agree to Disagree, but your POINT is well taken, and understood.
We simply cannot go back in time.

Semper-Fi,
To An Intelligent Marine

Quinbo
12-09-06, 10:26 AM
In 1996 approx 7,000 sergeants were considered for promotion to SSgt. About 3,000 were selected for promotion and each was given a promotion #. My number was 299. The assistant commandant considered that I was in the top 1 percent of all sergeants in the MC and should be promoted immediately. When the board results came out I took all my comrads out to celebrate. My designated driver took me home. I got in my vehicle and drove 2 blocks to the 7-11 and purchased a can of chew. Halfway home I got pulled over, got a DUI, got my promotion revoked ended my career. I was not a ****bird. I had been sent to quantico to teach new officers how to shoot and later worked at the sniper school there.

Yes for an 18 year old kid out of the hills of Colorado getting orders to Hawaii was sweet. Heck I hadn't even been on a airplane and I was going to Hawaii. How cool is that. What they don't tell you is that 3rd Marines only has 3 battalions and one is always on deployment so a third of your time is spent overseas. They also don't mention that 3rd Marines routinely deploys to Panama for training. It sure wasn't a vacation.

Take care:flag:

Semper Fi

Dave Coup
12-09-06, 11:09 AM
Eagle
Give these guys some slack. It's not thier fault the government ties thier hands. The kids in Iraq are doing a damn fine job and doing things that no Marines have done since Hue. I have a little combat time and never had to kick in one door. These guys do it on a daily basis. Ask a Cop how much fun that is.

SF

Dave

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-09-06, 01:42 PM
I know a fair amount about CQB, and the level at which our Marine Corps is performing cannot be under estimated. In a typical urban fight, you can expect up to 80% KIA or WIA, just due to the nature of the fight. The fact that it is news every time a Marine gets killed illustrates how good our Marines really are. They are fighting the most difficult fight, with their hands tied behind their backs, and they are doing very well.

Personally, I see this as another great chapter in the history of our Corps.

Eagle57
12-09-06, 06:28 PM
Bulkyer:

Now that is one sad story. It explains everything.
Could have happened to anyone.
But it happened to you.
You faced it and dealt with it.
That is Honorable.

So in closing, my appologies....but DO TAKE IT EASY ON COOKS, RESERVISTS, and EVEN NOW OUR NATIONAL GUARD. FOR THEY
ARE ALL GIVING THEIR BEST.

Semper-Fi,
Marine

Eagle57
12-09-06, 07:44 PM
BULKYER:

So ok, now after reading your explanation..."I feel like a ****Bird".

I think that maybe you RIGHTFULLY still have some anger issues, for you were not treated fair.

In fact, if the same happened to GQ Citizen, no big deal.

But it happened to YOU, and BECAUSE OF BS POLITICS, ruined your career.

Anyway, I'll share a foxhole with you any day.

You should have been promoted.

Take Care Sgt. Bulkyer. "What ever dosen't kill you, makes you stronger"

Semper-Fi.

Quinbo
12-09-06, 09:52 PM
Shoot I messed up. So be it.
Eagle I'll split a C rat cracker with you anytime.

I found myself today wanting to scan my DD-214 and all kinds of staging and explaining about this and that.

I served and you served and that is enough. We are brothers in arms and that is enough.

I wasn't taking a poke at cooks or reservists. Seems sometimes kids want to tell you all about how they joined the Marines. Tell you how they are tougher than nails and never even made it through boot yet.:flag:

Eagle57
12-10-06, 11:05 AM
Listen BROTHER, let it go. Like I said You Rightfully have REAL Anger Issues.
I can tell from Your first posting, "about Cooks, and Reservists".
Then stating again here, you wanted to start looking at your DD-214...

Then when I stuck up for them, looked at your "Profile", it just did't make any sence. I thought, now here's a wise guy, all kinds of metals and ribbons and after 13 years an E-5.

You want to really know how I feel, read in the "Marine Memorial" FORUM, my posting, "MY FRIEND OF THIRTY YEARS". You'll see that I too have some anger issues, and a Brother To My Brothers to the very end of my life.
I need to let it go too. He was "one hell of a guy", and it was my priviledge to have shared thirty years of my life with a guy like him.
(Wanted to respond to the other Marine who told me to ask a "Cop" about kicking in doors. I know a lot about that, trust me.)

Like "you" said we all served, and life is sometimes "just not fair", but who said it ever was?! So, we,ll all just move on.
I will tell YOU this....I Know that Because of "Jimmy", Myself, and "YOU", this World is a better place. Because we will, have ALL left this Earth Better
than WE FOUND IT. WE MADE A DIFFERANCE.

Semper Fi,
My Friend - A JOB WELL DONE.

PS- I just might take you up on that C-RAT cracker someday!
Any jelly? Or just that SH**TY dry peanut butter to go with it!

ianmusto
12-10-06, 12:09 PM
hey Eagle, why do you care so much if I ask marines about questions pertainging to bootcamp... isnt this the forum where i am supposed to do that. And im sorry I couldnt have been born earlier and that I am only 17. Isnt this website and Forum designed to help Marines and Poolees out. and for the comment about the girl in my picture, she isnt even my girlfriend. shes just a friend. so you can go ahead and get off making fun of me for asking a question about a part of Recruit Training in the Forum where I am supposed too. And when I do make it back i'll be sure your the first one to know that I made it.

Quinbo
12-10-06, 12:33 PM
ianmusto:
Don't worry about that stuff. You are in the right message board and ask away as many questions as you can come up with.

When you go to boot camp you should know by heart the riflemans creed and all your general orders. Don't get your head shaved before you go, that never goes over real well. Everything you take with you is going in a box and you won't see it again for 3 months so take the minimum. A month before you leave get in the habit of waking up every morning at 5:30 and going to bed at 10:00. Run every day. If you can't run non-stop 3 miles then run what you can and walk the rest. It will come. Get someone to teach you how to spit shine. Learn your chain of command. Be confident, but don't act cocky.

ianmusto
12-10-06, 01:02 PM
thank you for the advice

Eagle57
12-10-06, 01:37 PM
IAN:

Look, first of all, you are on a US Marine Corps site, 17 yrs old, not Gratuated from H.S. yet, posting a Pic, of yourself in a USMC T-ee shirt, a book bag on your back, a girl pecking your cheek , smiling,.......then comming to this BOARD asking US Marines, War Torn, Wounded, Azz-kicked, Kicked-azz, Medal Awarded from Medal of Honors, to Purple Hearts, to POW's, Some Who
Have Life Long Issues, Seen Piles of Body's, and/or Helped to Create The Pile,
and ASK A REALLY DUMB QUESTION ABOUT MARTIAL ART'S.

Lose the Pic with the girl, take off your bookbag, your unearned usmc t-ee shirt, your smile, and ask intelligent questions, like BULKYER suggested, and or maybe a really good question your Recruter did't tell you (or if he did), "After Boot Camp, If I make it, What's The Odds of Me Going To War"," Right Up To The Front", and When I Do Get There, "What's The Chance of Getting Killed", or "Losing Arms or Legs".

Because IAN, If You Do Gratuate, You Will Not Have The Time Nor The Differance To Make Sure I'M The First One To Know.
Your Mind Will Be On Something Far Greater Than You Can Imagine.

ALSO, IF YOU EVEN THINK MY COMMENT'S ARE OFF THE WALL, OF CRUDE (WHICH YOU DO, AS SEEN BY YOUR LAST POST....JUST WAIT, CAUSE YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET).

BET... OF ALL THE POSTS, IF YOUR IN BOOT CAMP, YOU'LL REMEMBER MINE.

P.S. Good Luck

ianmusto
12-10-06, 02:10 PM
Just because you think its a dumb question doesnt mean it is, 3 other Marines answered it to the best of their ability, I obviously wanted to know a little more about it to maybe furthur my MCMAP training or becoming an instructor for MCMAP.

Eagle57
12-10-06, 02:54 PM
OK IAN YOU WIN LAST POST TO YOU:

ANOTHER REASON YOUR PROBABLY NOT GOING TO MAKE IT IS THAT YOU CANNOT TAKE CRITIZISM, AND SHUT YOUR SOUP COOLER.

YEP 3 OTHERS OUT OF THE WHOLE FU***ing Marine CORPS ACTIVE AND RETIRED ANSWERED YOU.

THE ODDS OF YOUR WHINEY AZZ, KARATE CHOPPING A INSURGENT ARE ZERO.

THE ODDS OF YOUR WHINEY SMART AZZ GETTING BLOWN TO BITS BY AN IED, BOODY TRAP, OR A SNIPER ARE PROBABLY....MORE THAN 50%....WHY?
BECAUSE IF YOU MAKE IT YOUR STILL A KNOW IT ALL, WHINEY TILL YOU GET YOU WAY OR ANSWER, SPOILD KID, WHO'LL HAVE HIS MIND AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME.

Good Luck with your Karate Chops.

ianmusto
12-10-06, 03:34 PM
eagle, I never came out here to offend you, or to bit*h or whine, but I asked a legeitiment question, and all you were was rude to me for absoloutly no reason, and it's not like I wasnt listening either, I changed my picture because it offended you, and you have my respect more than most. All I wanted to know was some stuff about MCMAP, thanks to everyone that could help.

Eagle57
12-10-06, 07:53 PM
IAN:

First, removing the PIC you had up, is SMART, not because you offended me, but it showed IMMATURITY, and A LACK OF REALITY.

YOU JOINING THE FINEST FIGHTING TEAM IN THE WORLD, IS NO JOKE.

Second, if you think I was ragging on YOU, you're kidding YOURSELF. YOU ain't SEEN RAGGING YET.

Third, I was really kinda hoping that YOU would NOT make it and were dropped. (I really said a prayer for you).

WHY? Because I want YOU as a YOUNG AMERICAN to REMAIN VERTICAL,
and NOT COME HOME HORIZONTAL. This is SERIOUS BUSINESS SON, at a VERY SERIOUS TIME.

Fourth, You are ONLY 17 Years Young. I CARE.

Fifth, Get through H.S., Have A Great Safe Fun Summer, You'll Have All of The United States Marine Corps You Can Stand, FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT IT.

Finally, I have LEAD MEN since I was 18 Years Old, so let's say...about the PAST 31 YEARS, without going into detail ,(I could write a book), making SERIOUS LIFE AND DEATH DECISIONS in MY Leadership Roles.

So In Closing, some REALLY GOOD ADVICE:

"Go Slow, Go Steady, Go Long"..."Go Fast, Go Reckless, So Long".

"Before You Can Ever Give Orders, You Have To Know How To Take Orders".

AND HERE'S MY PERSONAL BEST CREDO:
"We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom and protections I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post".

"You have TWO EARS and ONE MOUTH, So LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS YOU TALK".

Good Luck IAN,
May God Be With You

ianmusto
12-10-06, 08:08 PM
Thank you, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, I hope in the future I can learn things from you to help me out

Quinbo
12-10-06, 08:13 PM
Went to a hearing specialist and he had hearing aids from 3 grand down to 2 bucks. I said how does that 2 dollar one work. He says it don't work at all but if people see you wearing it then they talk louder, ....... so I bought it. My buddy in Virginia claims I will actually pay people to listen to me talk..... I won't pay ya but I might give you a free beer then bore you to death with my stories.

Eagle57
12-10-06, 11:51 PM
Ian:
Go to the "DRIFTERS PLACE FORUM", and take a look at my post:
"This Picture Is Worth A Million Words".

That IS REALITY, That is "THE CORPS".

Question to ask BEFORE A Martial Arts Question....
"ARE YOU READY TO BE HIM"?

Take A LONG HARD LOOK, and THINK.

Again,
Good Luck

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-06, 12:27 AM
Ian, quit talking back, reply "yes sir" and move on with life.

Eagle, the recruiters give them Marine T-Shirts now, so I don't know that getting bent out of shape about that is a good idea. Someone, somewhere with a lot of shiny stuff on their collar thinks it is a good idea.

ianmusto
12-11-06, 12:53 AM
eagle, I took the oath of enlistment and I am ready if need be to give my life for country and corps, because they have given me life thus far. I didn't enlist for glamour, martial arts, and certainly not girls, I enlisted for country and to continue the fine history of the Corps. Once again I apologize for the arguements. godbless

Eagle57
12-11-06, 02:06 AM
Echo:

I could not agree with you more.
In a previous post I stated that although I did not agree with your assessment, that you were probably right. The world has changed.

That is why this salty Marine, would love to go and meet Ian's Recruiter, just the three of us , because they are number *****s. Period. Their Lite Stateside Duty is to Conjure up a Belly Full of B.S. To Young Men. If their QUOTA IS NOT MET ....BYE BYE..Back to Humping in sand, probably in Iraq, or Afghanistan. Period. Simple. We BOTH KNOW THIS , BUT it's BULLISH*T.

To get a 17 year old so pumped up that the doesn't know reality from SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES....Just doesn't SIT right with me.

I really think IAN is a good KID, lacking in self esteem, a Father Figure , and AZZHOLE RECRUITER PROMISED THE WORLD TO HIM.

Sorry If it Bothers me , but your intelligent enough to know ...that this is simply wrong,

IAN IS NOT A GO*DAM NUMBER.

Recruit him if you or he wishes, but don't tell the KID he's eating IceCream....whan it's a SH*T Cone.

Semper-Fi,
Wish we lived closer or something, Conversation with you is INTELLIGENT, MARINE.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-06, 02:45 AM
The job of a recruiter is one of the most difficult in the Corps. Many good Marines have had their careers ruined while on recruiting duty. The knowledge that it was in my future helped me decide to leave the Marine Corps. They use tactics that I don't always agree with, but it is what it is.

That said, I haven't seen anything in this thread that makes me think that Ian's recruiter did anything wrong. The fact that the kid is interested in MCMAP is just a sign that he is interested in the things that Marines know and do. He is motivated to be a Marine, as I am sure most of us were when we were in his same position.

I am personally thankful that we have a young generation full of people that are willing to put themselves on the line for Country and Corps. If not, it would be up to us-- and most of us aren't as young and fit as we were when we wore the uniform. While I'm sure we could give the enemy hell, it is time to let these people do it in our place.

Sure, some of the people on this site ask questions that seem pretty silly to us. But, they don't know what we know. They don't understand what is important to Marines or what Marines actually do. But, they'll catch on; just like we did.

Eagle57
12-11-06, 02:46 AM
TO IAN:
HERE'S THE WEB LINK THAT I FOUND,YOU SEE, JUST SINCE IT'S POST, THE GOVERNMENT HAD DELETED IT.....???
WHY DO YOU THINK??? THINK HARD SON, BECAUSE LIKE I SAID ....THIS IS REALITY...ARE YOU READY TO BE HIM ..OR WORSE...?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/embrace.asp

SAVE IT, PRINT IT, BECAUSE THEY WILL SOON DELETE IT AGAIN.

YOU TOOK THE OATH AT A MEIR 17 YEARS YOUNG. DID YOUR RECRUITER DELVE INTO THIS?? I KNOW HE DIDN'T.

I WANT YOU ALIVE BOY....NOT IN GEORGE W.'S PRIVATE WAR FOR OIL.
AFGHANISTAN IS DIFFERENT, THEY ATTACKED US.

HELL, HAVE YOU EVER REALLY HAD ANY WEAPONS TRAINING..??? RIFLE...ECT??

GO*D Damn, I' WILL SPEND A MONTH WITH YOU AND OTHERS, THIS SUMMER, THAT "MR RECRUITER", RECRUITED, AND I'LL GUARANTEE YOU, I'LL SAVE A FEW OF YOUR LIVES. REMEMBER, " GO SLOW, GO EASY, GO LONG."

Keep in touch,
Have Fun This Summer and Stay Safe Ian.

ianmusto
12-11-06, 12:57 PM
Eagle, my recruiter is much more then that to me, and i'd like to think im more to him than just a number, my recruiter has been nothing but straight up with me the whole time. He's told me that I will most likely see combat with the MOS i signed for, (which is combat support) And that it will be the hardest thing i have ever done in my life, and I feel i want to take that challenge and become a United States Marine.

I do have a father as well, a good one. I'd also like to think i have good self esteem.

I might be 17 but i'd like to be considerd a little more then just some punk kid, because I have made the descision to try and become one of the fineist men in this country.

I might not agree with the war, but i certainly do agree with the country that has given me and my family so much, It's not even a want it is a need for me to pay this country back with whatever it needs.

I can only hope I will earn your respect in the future for I feel that I dont have much with you here right now.

Eagle57
12-11-06, 03:13 PM
IAN:
You do have my RESPECT, and I think what your doing is Honorable.
I also BELIEVE that YOU BELIEVE in all that you are doing, and everyone has YOUR BEST INTENTIONS AT THEIR HEART.

All I can say, is NO 17 YEAR old, has the capacity, to say outfox, your Recruiter, or to Know A Bluff. He is too skilled and trained to do what he dose.

Didn't you read ECHO'S post above?He was headed to Recruiting, and hung it up for personal reasons, which I fully understand. Which is what I am talking about here.

Listen,...Don't you think I thought MY RECRUITER WAS GOD'S GIFT TO ME AND THE MARINE CORPS? WELL I DID. SO DID EVERY MARINE....OR THEY WOULDN'T HAVE JOINED.

WELL I WENT IN ON THE "BUDDY SYSTEM", and NOT TEN MINUTES AFTER STEPPING ON PARRIS ISLAND...."I DIDN'T SEE MY BUDDY FOR 13 WEEKS".
GREAT RECRUITER HUGH?

After Boot, He was Transfered, Got Out, but I NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN....EVER,

Look at ALL THE PROFILES ON THE WHOLE BOARD. TELL ME IF YOU FIND ONE (1), Who STATES HIS OR HER FAVORITE MARINE WAS THEIR RECRUITER. You Wont Find One. THEY ARE NECESSARY SALESMEN. PERIOD.

Good Luck, I Cannot Give You Any More Wisdom.
I Hope God Watches Over You.