PDA

View Full Version : Enlisting at age 25??

Delcid24
10-22-06, 09:12 PM
Is 25 too old to enlist in the Marine Corps? I know the cut off age is 27-28 but i'm just wondering if it is a good idea to join, being that the average recruit is 19yrs old.

yellowwing
10-22-06, 09:22 PM
Reading through these discussion threads will help:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26901
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24395

lots-o-feed'back

Echo5November
10-23-06, 05:28 PM
I know guys who waited until they were 29 and 30. I was 21. So why not?? Why let a few years more than the average hold you back from doing the best thing you could ever do for yourself.

Marine84
10-23-06, 07:19 PM
I was 23 when I went in - trust me (and I think a lot of these older salts will tell you) that things don't really get hard on your body until somewhere in your 40s - then it all goes downhill, 90 miles an hour, on ice, with no brakes.

You got time - go for it! The only thing you may have a hard time with (or the one thing I had a hard time with) was those 24 hour duties where you have to sit in the lounge at the barracks and answer a dadgem phone and it's all women looking for them Marines "of theirs" FOR 24 HOURS YA'LL! (I think I may have even caused problems at time cause if the same one called a lot, I would eventually tell her he just left with one on each arm - try back tomorrow)

gregba02
10-24-06, 10:11 AM
I think its best for you to join now then when you were 18. Reason I say this is because you have more experience in the real world. You experienced the civilan world and obviously your tired of it. Now you can go into the marines knowing what it was like being a nasty civilian, and how happy you are to be in the Marines. I joined the Marines and was in DEP

killerinstinct
10-24-06, 10:13 AM
better 25 than 31 with an age waiver...

gregba02
10-24-06, 10:15 AM
Sorry i accidentaly hit the enter button. Any ways I went to Mcrd San Diego 2 weeks right after high school graduation. So I never really got the chance to experience civilian life. Now that I know what it's like it sucks. Anyways I usually reccomend for people to join the marines around 21. :flag:

Echo5November
10-24-06, 07:11 PM
haha, thats funny Marine84. It's WMs like you that bugged out the barracks rats for us male type Marines. Never to be heard from again. C**k-blocker. One a serious note, did civilian guys every go nuts for you female Marines, like a fetish for women in uniform?

killerinstinct
10-25-06, 05:30 PM
LOL E5... that's opening a whole can of jokes right there. Im tempted to start a thread.

Marine84
10-25-06, 07:30 PM
HAHAHA! Yeah, it was OK for them to call once, I didn't mind that but, DANG, they would leave a message if we called the room and nobody answered and EVERYBODY that wore the uniform KNEW to stop in at the lounge and check for messages. Hell, I saved some of ya'll from future problems my friend ;) .

As far as civilian guys liking WMs - we couldn't keep MARINES off of us much less civilians! :banana:

I'm with you killer - let's go....................

Kelly18speed
10-25-06, 11:31 PM
I'm 44 and I want to re-enlist!

lascalahomes
10-26-06, 04:16 AM
I's 5.00 a.m. on deck. I AM GETTING READY TO JOIN THE Army National Gaurd, I GO TO MEPS TO DAY, AND THEN I SIGN IN. Losing one stripe, that sucks. I HAVE BEEN OUT 11 YEARS HOW EVER. Last week I WENT TO THE THE Marines to jion back in at the age of 41, no problem about my age. The damn blood pressure meds I'am on is a no go !! Semper- fidelis, The good note is I STILL GET TO SERVE MY COUNTRY. I HAVE SEVEN YEARS TO GET MY 20. I'AM DOING MY WARRANT OFFICER PACKET, SO I can retire as an warrant officer.:usmc: