PDA

View Full Version : Iraq getting ugly

aviator101
10-20-06, 04:29 PM
Shiite militia takes over Iraqi city
AP - 1 hour, 48 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The Shiite militia run by anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr seized total control of the southern Iraqi city of Amarah on Friday in one of the boldest acts of defiance yet by one of the country's powerful, unofficial armies, witnesses and police said. Mahdi Army fighters stormed three main police stations Friday morning, residents said, planting explosives that flattened the buildings in Amarah, a city just 30 miles from the Iranian border that was under British command until August, when it was returned to Iraqi government control.

Bret
10-20-06, 04:38 PM
not good..... Go get em Marines!:evilgrin:

Master Sephiroth
10-20-06, 05:08 PM
Should've shot him when they had the chance!

Brass
10-20-06, 05:41 PM
You kill him and five other *******s rise up in his place. But then agian, that's job security.

Accord
10-20-06, 05:42 PM
I asked my recruiter how they decide which unit you go to and whatnot after SOI, and he told me that all new boots will join the next deploying unit to Iraq... I had a huge smile on my face.

PerXes
10-20-06, 05:43 PM
This is a good thing..now we know where they are.

Brass
10-21-06, 12:19 AM
The Iraqi Army have pushed the 'gunmen' out of the city as of now. Although if the past serves as any indicator, most probably switched to civilian mode.

oneshot649
10-23-06, 01:51 AM
You're right Lionheart, we should have shot him before his militia got too big. We, or the Iraqis if they work the balls up to, need to disarm those militias if anything like a country is supposed to come out of this. And if the Iraqis, with out support, aren't going to disarm them, like they ought to, then we should pin a $20 on their collars, wish them the best of luck, and go someplace that's actually worth fighting for.