PDA

View Full Version : Meps really that stubborn?

xyourlocaldjx
10-17-06, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone, I stumbled upon this forum and decided to sign up. I've been in the D.E.P for about 2 months now and I'm shipping out to boot in about a month. Something has been really bothering me about what my recruiter said so I would like to ask it on here. Please bear with me if you have heard this many times before.

I went into MEPS 2 months ago, like previously mentioned. I got my full medical physical and contracted into the D.E.P with the MOS field that I had wanted (58 field - Military Police). About a month later, I get a call from my recruiter saying I cannot get the job I want because something is wrong with my eyes and color. I have no idea what thats supposed to mean but I'm assuming they saying I'm color blind. I know for a fact that I'm not color blind and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. My recruiter told me to not worry about it, that he will be putting in a waiver for me. After about another month of waiting, I finally receive a call from my recruiter saying my waiver has been turned down, not once but at least three times. I asked him if I can get a 3rd party professional opinion but he told me no. I don't understand why they won't let me get a another professional opinion when I know they are wrong. Can I just go take the physical part again? Thank you for listening. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

xyourlocaldjx
10-17-06, 05:48 PM
My apologies, after doing a search, I found out that someone else asked the same question. If a mod sees this, please delete this thread. Thank you.