My name is Branden Rapp. I am a sophmore in High School
and I am looking for need to know information for recruiting and
training. Email me at or
oohrah_2003@yahoo.com
thanks
:marine:

wrbones
01-17-03, 04:11 PM
Uhhhh. I thought I answered yer question on another thread already.

LOOK IN THE POOLee HALL AND MENTOR FORUMS ON THIS SITE!

IT'S THERE! LINKS AND EVERYTHING.

I don't mind helpin, but fer Christ's sake, listen the first time.

wrbones
01-17-03, 04:44 PM
LMAO. Tony, I was tryin' to be nice! LOL.

We used to get idjits like that all the time around here! That's why I posted all of that stuff on those and other forums. Some are just lazier than others, I guess, bro.

Ya know what's funny? He'll think we're bein mean to him! LOL. Wait til he hits boot and has a couple or three Marine Corps Drill Instructors in his face at the same time! LOL.

Ya know, the older I get, the more I admire Drill Instructors for their patience! LOL.

Barrio_rat
01-17-03, 05:15 PM
Mean? Since when is reality mean? Boot Camp? Hell, wait until - if he even makes it through Boot Camp - he hits the fleet and has some senior NCO or Staff NCO climbin up his backside for askin a question that was already answered!

It's times like these when I sit back, relax a bit and just think...

ahhhhhhhhh... it's good to be a Marine...

Semper Fi!

marinemom
01-17-03, 05:47 PM
How did a sophomore in high school missed the commercials that end with CALL 1-800- MARINE!?

Barndog
01-17-03, 06:08 PM
My New Years resolution, Brother Bones??
Being nice is no long on my option list. PERIOD. Especially to moron civilians. No excuses outside of clearly obvious mental or physical disabilities accepted. And FYI - I studied psychology for giggles, made a shrink quit practice, have a degree in philosophy, with a history minor from a Big 10 University. So take your chances.

For crying out loud.....Mom knows what the hell we're talking about (as well she should). Semper FI, Mom

To take what you were heading for a step or 200 further Brother Bones.........
How bout you and me....... us 'crippled-ass old Marines (yeah LOLOL old at 45) - throw our pennies in the jar, and meet this poor excuse at MCRD, IF we allow him to make it that far to begin with.

I would be Honored to be the Recieving Drill Instructors for this particular (I will reserve my comments as my professionalism is being tested ) invididual.
And, it's a damm shame he can't be indoctrinated like WE WERE.
Makes me want to cry that my beloved Corps has belittled itself to panty wastes like this Richard Cranium, who knows nothing of Respect. And, I am NOT even talking about ME. I'm nothing more than another Marine.

But, you've pi$$ ed me off now.

22DevilPup87
01-17-03, 06:33 PM
Hey kid,
I've been lurking and posting around these boards for a couple months now. I'm about your age so I'm not coming at ya like these Marines ... just want to try to give you another kid's point of view.

What ya did, well, it was lazy, disrespectful, and degrading in my opinion (which doesn't mean much, but still, it is my opinion) all in one post. With the exception of lazy, I doubt you meant any of it purposely.

You see, these here Marines have been kind enough to answer dozens (probably even hundreds) of questions. So, if you have a question it's probably already been answered. There have been times I've gone searching for an answer and not been able to find it. In that case you'll usually be given a URL to read, not the answer right off the bat.

Be willing to do things on your own. If you absolutely can't and have spent endless hours then ask for help. I can bet ya ten donuts to a dollar that you didn't even remotely look for the answer to your question. All ya have to do is type USMC into any search engine.

Now, I'm kind of offended by your e-mail address and signature. I'm not even sure if I have the right to be offended since I haven't earned the Title yet. (Any input, Marines?) Oo-rah is a Marine term. I don't think we have the right to use it as wannabes. Do or die is the Marine Corps way. I also don't believe we have the right to put that to our name as nonMarines. Semper Fi is the Marine Corps motto. Now I certainly don't believe we have the right to claim that motto as our own since we are civilians.

Take what these Marines are telling you to heart. It'll help ya in the long run. I promise.

leroy8541
01-17-03, 08:19 PM
Theres this dude downtown he wears a uniform with blue pants a brown shirt sometimes he'll be wearin this cool white hat with a shiny gold thingy on the front if you go talk to him he'll tell you every thing if he is not busy and he might even give you some cool stickers dude.

Barrio_rat
01-17-03, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by leroy8541
Theres this dude downtown he wears a uniform with blue pants a brown shirt sometimes he'll be wearin this cool white hat with a shiny gold thingy on the front if you go talk to him he'll tell you every thing if he is not busy and he might even give you some cool stickers dude.

Where can I find this guy? Sounds like someone I'd like to meet! Hahahahahaha

Seeley
01-18-03, 08:08 AM
LMAO @ leroy8541

That was great!

USMC-FO
01-18-03, 08:47 AM
Well now that poor young Branden has been basicly B**ch slapped all over the site it will be interesting to see if he makes few adjustments, digs a bit deeper on his own, and answers his own questions. Welcome to our world kid !

RoboRobinson17
01-20-03, 12:37 PM
Ahhh, Amen, Devilpup. Well said.

Hint- Keep your mouth shut unless you have something intelligent to say,

read everything on this site, and then go to google (I hope we don't have to exlain what to enter...)

If you still have questions, go to the library,

and if they still aren't answered then, ask in a polite, sincere, intelligent manner, because (most of) the people on this site are Marines and should be treated like gods for their sacrifice for us and our country.

"The easy way isn't always the Right way...."

young_dog19
01-20-03, 06:40 PM
try the website: http://www.marines.com

wrbones
01-20-03, 07:08 PM
I think that one's posted here as well. ;)

young_dog19
01-23-03, 04:08 PM
as well as all the other fine resources! i can't believe i sounded so naive! oh well! guess we're all naive at one time or another. right, bones?

wrbones
01-23-03, 04:31 PM
I was never naive. I was born ignorant and thought I knew something.

The older I get, the more I learn, the more I realize there is to learn, and the more ignorant I know myself to be!

When ya stop learnin', I hope they're throwin' dirt in yer face, cause yer dead already! :D

USMCFOREVER
02-10-03, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by marinemom
How did a sophomore in high school missed the commercials that end with CALL 1-800- MARINE!?

Wow I haven't seen a Marine Corps. commersial(did i spell that right) since I watched the Welcome aboard video. And yeah brandon you were just being lazy...you know how many USMC sites there are? Thousands, and the first one that comes up on all my yahoo searches is marines.com...Do some research for yourself and if you do go to talk to a recruiter, hope he's good and energetic like mine is :) I love that little guy. Funny as h*ll:banana:

wrbones
02-10-03, 09:38 PM
You kids take a look around. There's more posted for your edification here, in one place, than anywhere else on the net. I guaran-****ing-tee it! ;)

Lots to learn. Concentrate on the Guidebook for Marines and yer PT, then go after learnin' what all else there is to know, and there is a bunch to know!

There's a lot posted about PT here as well!

You don't know it, but yer blessed with all that info. For many of us, there wasn't an internet and not a hell of alot in any libraries about Marines. What we learned, we learned the hard way.

Take advantage of what we're tryin' to do for ya!